Orbiter Screenshot Thread

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hello,

Can someone tell me what these sidebars are that pop out of the sides of the screen? What are they used for? I can't seem to find any information on them.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Sidebars.png
    Sidebars.png
    878 KB · Views: 22

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks! What is it used for/can it be used now for anything? Or is it just an experimental feature set as a placeholder for now?

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
it is just an experimental feature set as a placeholder for now ;)
If you like to know more bout that, you'll take a look at the D3D9Client Development thread (I am currently not yet good at searching the new forum, so no direct link here, sorry)

Edit: Ah! Found it:
Little more detailed answer: gcGUI is (currently experimental) announced here https://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?p=600950&postcount=5062

Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
LDDznoP.jpg

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Would it be possible to pin the D3D9 Debug window to it? Also, will it ever be usable on sub-4k resolutions? It seems that it'd be a useful tool, but I don't have a 4k display.

Yes, it would be possible to pin the debug window but it would need to be converted to use gcGUI at first. There are plans to do that but at-fist the gcGUI would need to be get to a stable and reliable state.
The gcGUI has been developed and tested at FullHD resolution (i.e. 2k) I have never tested it at 4k nor received any feedback about how it works. So, yes, it's usable on sub-4k resolutions at-least.