Terms of Service
ORBITER-FORUM.COM maintains the interactive portion(s) of the Web site as a service free of charge. By using any interactive services provided herein, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the terms, conditions and notices relating to its use.
1. As a condition of your use of this Web site and the interactive services contained therein, you represent and warrant to ORBITER-FORUM.COM that you will not use this Web site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices.
You may not use Orbiter-Forum to share false or misleading information about COVID-19 which may lead to harm.
Even as scientific understanding of the COVID-19 pandemic continues to develop, we’ve observed the emergence of persistent conspiracy theories, alarmist rhetoric unfounded in research or credible reporting, and a wide range of unsubstantiated rumors, which left uncontextualized can prevent the public from making informed decisions regarding their health, and puts individuals, families and communities at risk.
Content that is demonstrably false or misleading and may lead to significant risk of harm (such as increased exposure to the virus, or adverse effects on public health systems) may not be shared on Orbiter-Forum. This includes sharing content that may mislead people about:
- The nature of the COVID-19 virus (e.g., posts claiming or implying the virus or its variants are "fake")
- The efficacy and/or safety of approved preventative measures, treatments, or other precautions to mitigate or treat the disease
- Unapproved treatments or drugs claiming to prevent or treat the disease
- Official regulations, restrictions, or exemptions pertaining to health advisories, or
- The prevalence of the virus or risk of infection or death associated with COVID-19
2b. USE OF COMMUNICATION SERVICES
- The Orbiter Forum website, the Orbit Hangar website, and any such services operated by the Orbiter Forum team including, but not limited to, Discord and IRC (shortened to just "Orbiter-Forum" in the rest of this document) make up interactive online services for communication, which includes bulletin boards, chat areas, social groups, photo galleries, discussion forums, and instant messaging both public and private. By using any of these services, you agree that you will only send and receive messages and material that are proper, lawful, and related to the appropriate area of interest for that service.
- By using Orbiter-Forum you agree that you will not:
- Send any form of unlawful, inappropriate or indecent content, including but not limited to pornography;
- Send any content which seeks to demonstrably misinform the public about any topic that may result in harm to others, including but not limited to the Coronavirus Pandemic as laid out in Clause 2a above;
- Send any content which demeans, personally attacks or insults another person, or infringes the rights of a person or group of people;
- Send any content which abuses, harasses, stalks, or threatens another person;
- Send or cause to be sent any content which, when received, may personally identify the physical identity of another person whose identity is not already publicly known ("doxxing");
- Send any content whose intent is malicious or harmful, be that in the form of malicious software ("malware") intended to damage another computer, or content designed to instill hatred in others ("hate speech");
- Send any content without the express consent of the rightful owner to the intellectual property represented by the content;
- Restrict or in any way impede the ability of any other user to access and enjoy Orbiter-Forum;
- Advertise any service or product without the express consent and approval of the Forum Staff (defined as those users who are a member of either the Forum Administrator or Forum Moderator groups);
- Request or seek donations in any form for any purpose without the express consent and approval of the Forum Staff;
- Conduct or forward "chain letters" (or any such communication whose intent is simply to be re-transmitted);
- Upload any file or other form of content for the sole purpose of redistribution when that content is not reasonably known to be redistributable;
- You agree that you will retain and respect any and all author attributions on content of any form sent to Orbiter-Forum.
3. ORBITER-FORUM.COM has no obligation to monitor the bulletin board services, chat areas, social groups, photo gallery, forums, communities and/or other message or communication facilities. However, ORBITER-FORUM.COM reserves the right at all times to disclose any information deemed by ORBITER-FORUM.COM necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part.
4. You acknowledge that communications to or with bulletin board services, chat areas, social groups, photo gallery, forums, communities and/or other message or communication facilities are not private communications, therefore others may read your communications without your knowledge. You should always use caution when providing any personal information about yourself or your children. ORBITER-FORUM.COM does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in any bulletin board services, chat areas, social groups, photo gallery, forums, communities and/or other message or communication facilities and, specifically disclaims any liability with regard to same and any actions resulting from your participation. To the extent that there are moderators, forum managers or hosts, none are authorized ORBITER-FORUM.COM spokespersons, and their views do not necessarily reflect those of ORBITER-FORUM.COM.
5. The information included on this Web site may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information herein. ORBITER-FORUM.COM may make improvements and/or changes in this Web site at any time. Advice received via this Web site should not be relied upon for personal, legal or financial decisions and you should consult an appropriate professional for specific advice tailored to your situation.
6. ORBITER-FORUM.COM MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, AND ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION AND CONTENT CONTAINED ON THIS WEB SITE FOR ANY PURPOSE.
7. IN NO EVENT SHALL ORBITER-FORUM.COM BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED
WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS WEB SITE,
WITH THE DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEB SITE,
WITH THE PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE SERVICES, OR
FOR ANY INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND RELATED GRAPHICS OBTAINED THROUGH THIS WEB SITE, OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THIS WEB SITE, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ORBITER-FORUM.COM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES.
9. You acknowledge and agree that any and all content you post on ORBITER-FORUM.COM will remain available to the public for as long as ORBITER-FORUM.COM is online. Once you have posted your message, it will stay online. Please post carefully and with due consideration to the content of your post. ORBITER-FORUM.COM may at its sole discretion agree to the removal of some content if so requested.
10. You agree that posting to the forums, blogs, or social groups (including any photographs, text, graphics, audio or video) implicitly grants ORBITER-FORUM.COM a right to use and or modify your postings throughout the site.
11. ORBITER-FORUM.COM reserves the right in its sole discretion to reject any account deletion requests. ORBITER-FORUM.COM may also deny any user access to this Web site, any interactive service herein, or any portion of this Web site without notice, and the right to change the terms, conditions, and notices under which this Web site is offered.
12. This agreement is governed by the laws of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of courts in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of this Web site. Use of this Web site is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these terms and conditions, including without limitation this paragraph. You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and ORBITER-FORUM.COM as a result of this agreement or use of this Web site. If any part of this agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect.
13. This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the user and ORBITER-FORUM.COM with respect to this Web site and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written with respect to this Web site. A printed version of this agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. Fictitious names of companies, products, people, characters and/or data mentioned herein are not intended to represent any real individual, company, product or event. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
14. All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © 2007 - 2021 by ORBITER-FORUM.COM.
15. You are responsible for reviewing ORBITER-FORUM.COM Terms Of Service Policy. ORBITER-FORUM.COM reserves the right to modify Terms Of Service Policy at any time. Your continued use of ORBITER-FORUM.COM constitutes your consent to such changes.
1. What are the basic rules and acceptable use policies here?
Always be polite and respectful to other members, moderators and administrators - so no personal attacks! You may have noticed other Internet forums are filled with aggression, insults, and general immaturity. Check that at the door here, this forum is different. Our members appreciate thoughtful discussion and a mature tone. Please adjust accordingly.
*All users are expected to review our Posting Etiquette Guidelines as well, as listed below. The staff retains the right to edit and/or delete posts that we judge to be not in accordance with these rules or the Posting Etiquette Guidelines.
2. Acceptable language & graphics:
We have members of different ages, ethnic backgrounds, religions, countries and personal beliefs so please no vulgarities, obscenities, or hate speech. Text and graphics with pornographic, obscene, vulgar, violent, hateful or otherwise offensive content are prohibited. Do not use w*rds with aster*sks or words made of asterisks to mask vulgar language.
3. No spam, necroposting, topic bumping, or cross posting...
Do not spam a thread with off-topic replies or advertising. Addon developers may post a single donation button on the forum, provided prior approval is obtained from the staff. Do not post just to bump a thread or to ask for updates on the topic, please send a PM to the original poster instead. We do not tolerate cross posting or one word posts to simply increase one's post count. Also, please do not necropost in old threads (more than 30 days since the last post) unless you are adding relevant information to it. Note, the 'OrbitHangar Addons & Comments' forum is excluded from the necroposting rule.
4. Fraudulent activity will not be tolerated.
Fraudulent activity on ORBITER-FORUM.COM is strictly prohibited, including but not limited to; hacking the forum (guessing someone else's password counts as hacking), creating a "sock puppet" account or creating a new account to get around a ban, illegal peer-to-peer game or media swapping, illegal download sites, or rip-off websites. Do not point people to illegal software or media distribution sites. Don't ask for serial numbers, manuals, or cracks.
Fraudulent activity can and usually will result in the termination of your forum account. Users are allowed only one forum account. If you must create a new account, please contact us
before doing so.
5. What role do Orbiter-Forum moderators play?
Orbiter-Forum allows a wide range of discussion freedom but there are limits. Moderators volunteer to see that the forums do not descend into chaos and anarchy and that the rules are adhered to. Members should not publicly attack a moderator or intentionally undermine a moderator's actions by baiting or harassing them. The moderators are here to do a job and often times have to make difficult decisions. Moderators will use the infraction system to enforce our current Forum Rules.
6. Editorial & staff inquiry policies.
Threads may be closed and posts may be removed at any time for review by the staff. If, after review, the posts are found by us to be acceptable, then we will restore them. If your post is deemed inappropriate, then it will be edited or deleted, and you will be notified as such. Threads may be re-opened after the staff have resolved the issue. The administrators & moderators ultimately have the final say on content they decide should be cut or threads which should be closed.
Any questions or concerns about staff actions such as why a thread was closed, posts removed, or infractions and bans given, should be raised in private
with a moderator or administrator. If a member wishes to challenge a moderator's action, this challenge must be raised in private with an administrator
, not in the public forums! We are more than happy to listen to objections or suggestions raised in private, as long as they're presented in a civilized and reasonable manner. Out of respect for our members' privacy, we do not share information about a warning, infraction or ban with anyone besides the member who incurred it.
Posting Etiquette Guidelines
1. General posting etiquette.
ORBITER-FORUM is not the place for flaming, spewing, or otherwise mouthing off. Posts where people are called idiots, morons, etc. will not be tolerated and will be vaporized by the Probe. We do not want the forum to degenerate into a collection of *This game sux!!!!* and other immature rants. Like something or dislike something about a topic, express your thoughts in reasoned and responsible terms. Do not bait other members while posting on this forum. Show tolerance for your fellow posters. Finally, be patient and wait at least 24 hours for a response to your question or post.
2. Search before you post.
The Probe implores you to search before posting a new thread to see if someone else has already answered your question or posted about the same topic you intend to create. There is a quick search located on the top right of every page.
3. Creating new topics.
All topics must have a descriptive title! Topics titled "Help" or "Please help me!!!" for example will not be accepted and will be crushed and melted by the Probe! Also, pay attention to the content of the topic. Make a clear topic in which you substantiate your opinion or statement. Topics starting with a few words or one liners are not tolerated. Additionally, please make sure when you post a new topic that you post it in the appropriate forum.
4. Avoid changing the text color.
This forum features several skins for users to choose from, some are bright like the default skin and others are very dark. For this reason, users must be careful when formatting a post. Please be considerate of others and avoid using black or white text.
It's best to leave the color settings alone. If you change anything, using colors that are legible on both bright and dark skins will ensure the Probe doesn't beat you to a pulp.
Please note, pasting text from another source can break the default colors and make a mess of the BB code in your post. This happens if you're using the WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor. If pasting content into your post, please ensure the text is using default colors.
5. Reporting copyright / license violations for Orbiter addons.
Do not post on the public forums accusing someone of stealing another person's work. Doing so is not constructive, nor is it the best way to contact that person. If the addon in question is published on ORBITHANGAR.COM, then you should report it by using the Report This Add-On button, located on the top-right corner of each addon's page (looks like an exclamation mark icon). Please include the name of the original addon and a link to the copy-righted material and any other evidence required to support your claim in the report on orbithangar.com. Complaints raised without evidence will not be responded to.
6. Please use proper words and avoid "chatspeak" or "leetspeak".
We understand not everyone speaks English as their first language, however try to speak English at the best of your abilities.