Orbiter Screenshot Thread

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
FireFly docked to the ISS! Which Version of Orbiter?

Thanks, Jon!

Christopher Tarana
That was/ is a really great addon!

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

WIP Viking
[/IMG]

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

Tribute.

Last edited:

80mileshigh

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
eightymileshigh.wordpress.com
A closer look at the new Deepstar model in Orbiter 2016:

Note the inset RCS - this was a request from the development thread 8 years ago. I got completely stuck trying to implement it and gave up.

Last year I thought, 'hey, why not just rebuild the whole model?'

Attachments

DaveS

Space Shuttle Ultra Project co-developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Here's one of the VAB/LCC east side showing the nice golden glow of sunrise as seen from the LC 39 Press Site.

Attachments

80mileshigh

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
eightymileshigh.wordpress.com
Oh! I'm very interested. What is this based on?
The Station is a McDonnell Douglas study from 1970. It would launch on a Saturn INT-21 then telescope out. It would be spun around its centre of gravity for rotational gravity up to 0.7g - although this was planned only as an initial experiment and it would spend most of its life as a zero-G station.

There's a nice write up of the initial presentation by McDonnell Douglas here:
https://www.wired.com/2012/06/mcdonnell-douglas-phase-b-12-man-space-station-1970/

The original presentation and other documents concerning the station are on NTRS. The abundance of descriptions and diagrams and artists impressions make it a great candidate for an Orbiter add-on.

The spaceplane is even more exotic - I'll post more about it at some point (there's a screenshot on the previous page). :)