New Orbiter Beta Released (r.13, Mar 7, 2015)

Topper

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Yes, shadows of buildings are still on 0 level, in Edwards AFB it`s even more observable. But that was written somewhere.
BTW I wanted to notice that there is a "bump" on the shore somewhere at Patrick AFB (south of KSC)- a kind of " mountain" - wrong entry in elevation map.

I can confirm this. Same issue for the shadows of Brighton Beachs buildings.

brightonBeachShadowBug.png

mariostivala

Reaction score
If this is in response to my posted link: my repository there is a clone of the official SVN repo, just hosted on Bitbucket via Mercurial. The latest version the link pointed to is (always) the latest version of Martin's repo. I'm usually not further behind than 1 or 2 days with the synchronization, so if a later release is out and you have the same troubles, just wait some days and try my link again. It will always give you the latest version of the mirrored repository.
Yes, my post refers to your reply. Very special thanks again! I hope that 2015 will be finally the first year of the new Orbiter era! :tiphat:

Super_NONO

Reaction score
Hello, i run into a problem using the beta 9, once completed the Mars texture download and installation i want to have look at this beauty, so i used the Quickstart scenario in the checklist folder, opened the scenario editor and change the location of the GL-01 to surface phobos (i want to have a look at it from phobos), Mars was great but no phobos under my wheel (not in interior nor exterior view), i've verified the orbits in orbit MFD and it indicate me that i really was on phobos. Making some time warp i see deimos as a tiny ball, so i jump onto it using the scenario editor => same thing no deimos under my wheel. Went back to phobos and i decided to put me in orbit of phobos, to check if the distance will make phobos appear, no phobos during my ascent. Finally a king of glitch occured during my "ascent" and i ended up with an orbital speed of 96.62M, not understood very well what happenned and a few time warp later i was far beyond uranus orbit likely stuck in the "orbiter corner" with an orbit radius of 6.848T from the sun !!, impossible to rotate the vessel when arrived in this corner.

I'm not complaining i just want to pointed out this instability, moreover this BETA is awesome, earlier in the day, i make a flight over the Alps from Nice to "le lac de geneve" wonderfull.

Hey hey happy new year to the whole orbiter community !:cheers:

jroly

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
SCN editor for some reason puts the ship right in the middle of those moons, if you zoom out you should see the Phobos.

Super_NONO

Reaction score
SCN editor for some reason puts the ship right in the middle of those moons, if you zoom out you should see the Phobos.

I've tried this, phobos appear only when the zoom out distance is above 4M, and it appear as a tiny dot. same thing for deimos, i've tried the same using the D3D9 client and the same thing happens.

I've also tried to start from olympus and "rendez-vous with phobos" and the same result no phobos.

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I've tried this, phobos appear only when the zoom out distance is above 4M, and it appear as a tiny dot. same thing for deimos, i've tried the same using the D3D9 client and the same thing happens.

In the D3D9Client phobos and other small planetary objects are likely just disabled since the code isn't 100% compatible with the current 3D terrain implementation and we haven't had time to enable them.

Super_NONO

Reaction score
In the D3D9Client phobos and other small planetary objects are likely just disabled since the code isn't 100% compatible with the current 3D terrain implementation and we haven't had time to enable them.

Thanks for the answer Jarmonik

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Last edited:

Abloheet

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well, for me Phobos and Deimos do not show up even in inline mode.
Is that also because they don't support the new terrain features?

Marg

Reaction score
Some funny off-topic, but anyway I experienced some glitch with David's413 ALT+Enterprise. Plane does have a problem with landing points (in Orbiter BETA).
That`s not surprise, and know a lot of addons do not work 100% , but...
When throttle is applied, it behaves like it would be on the water - flipping, turning around... maybe it can be analyzed and one day this behavior can be applied, in case if spacecraft lands on water?

Xyon

Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Sorry, I made a mistake building the Earth Torrent - I have updated the references in my previous post.

Xyon

Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her

fort

Reaction score
Hello doctor,

Until the early 2013 Orbiter version, it was still possible to reach the top control panel of the DG ( for the airlock of the nosecone; Ctrl + up arrow ). In the latest release, this gives a CTD. This is a minor issue but is it a choice?

good day

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Some funny off-topic, but anyway I experienced some glitch with David's413 ALT+Enterprise. Plane does have a problem with landing points (in Orbiter BETA).
That`s not surprise, and know a lot of addons do not work 100% , but...
When throttle is applied, it behaves like it would be on the water - flipping, turning around... maybe it can be analyzed and one day this behavior can be applied, in case if spacecraft lands on water?

Can you post a video of it? I doubt it would really be an accurate water sim, but it would still be interesting to see...

martins

Orbiter Founder
Orbiter Founder
Reaction score
Website
orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk
Hello doctor,

Until the early 2013 Orbiter version, it was still possible to reach the top control panel of the DG ( for the airlock of the nosecone; Ctrl + up arrow ). In the latest release, this gives a CTD. This is a minor issue but is it a choice?

good day

There is a new commit (r.10) which should fix the CTD, although the controls in the top panel may not yet be functional.

fort

Reaction score
Thank you doctor.

I do not know if the procedures related to these three buttons on the top panel were fictitious ... or necessary for the proper conduct of spacewalks . These are manipulations that I very rarely do.

I have also one or two other remarks concerning the textures but I want to deepen this a little more and do it on the topic dedicated to textures.

good day

Last edited:

Topper

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Even the shadow of the smoketrail is at "zero-level" by flying bellow zero (e.g. at Mars). Same for shadows of buildings (As already reported). (Tested with r10)