Project Here goes nothing: The Delta-StarLiner G42

orb

O-F Administrator,
News Reporter
Reaction score
sorry guys, but i dont know what the hell you're on about, what do i need to do in order to make orbiter regognise the DGa2.dll in the modules folder?

plz guys, just give me a step by step info on what to do
The simplest for you would be installing Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 / Visual C++ 2008.
You can install Visual C++ 2008 Express, which is free.

As for step by step installation process of Visual C++ 2008 Express, you can read this:
Instructions for Downloading and Installing Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition.

Only installation (and eventually re-login to your user account after it, or system restart) is sufficient to make the module that was compiled in 'debug' mode run with Orbiter (necessary paths should be set up by installer).

But if you'd like to compile the sources for this module or other modules yourself, you can read also:
How to setup the compiler to compile orbiter modules - from OrbiterWiki.

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
the DGa2.dll is not a 'module' actually... it's a vessel DLL, and it's not supposed to appear in the modules list (it would if it were placed in the "plugins" folder - but then it wouldn't work)

i supose i have forgotten to compile it in "release" mode, and i think it is, in fact, compiled for debugging... sorry about that... i'll fix it :embarrassed:

as for now, if you do as these guys are saying and install visual studio, it should "magically" start working, since MSVC includes the files you're missing :hmm:

or you can wait a bit while i build up a release version :thumbup:

orb

O-F Administrator,
News Reporter
Reaction score
the DGa2.dll is not a 'module' actually... it's a vessel DLL, and it's not supposed to appear in the modules list (it would if it were placed in the "plugins" folder - but then it wouldn't work)
I'd say it's a module, but it isn't plug-in, since it's in Modules folder, but not in Modules/Plugin, but meh.

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
ok, i've pushed up a new commit, now the missing scenario IS there... it wasn't before because of a case-sensitive typo...

not sure if this alone would make it work... perhaps you´ll still need the release build, or MSVC to run it...

jaybtlr

Reaction score
i've downloaded and installed microsoft visual C++ 2010 express and nothings changed... what do you mean it should just 'magically' start working?

btw the new scen. works but still no Dga2/G42...

orb

O-F Administrator,
News Reporter
Reaction score
i've downloaded and installed microsoft visual C++ 2010 express and nothings changed... what do you mean it should just 'magically' start working?

btw the new scen. works but still no Dga2/G42...
That's because you need Visual C++ 2008, which has MSVCR90D.dll and MSVCP90D.dll, and Visual C++ 2010 hasn't got those libraries. It has MSVCR100D.dll and MSVCP100D.dll instead, which are different from what's needed.

But since you have Visual C++ 2010, you can download, if you haven't already downloaded the whole package, and compile the sources (from "orbiterSDK/DGa2" subfolder of the git repository), and this way make your own working copy of the DGa2 vessel module.

If you don't want to build the DGa2 from sources, download the appropriate version of Visual C++, that has the needed debug libraries - i.e. Visual C++ 2008 Express (link to download page).

---------- Post added at 21:41 ---------- Previous post was at 21:27 ----------

IMO, the best solution would be if Moach rebuilt the module for "Release", and updated the git with it.

Last edited:

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
yeah, i'll build the release version in a bit... hold on... i've been strained by a last-minute college thing i'm supposed to turn in, well... uh, last wednesday...:uhh:

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
as you would probably imagine, we're migrating to the new 2010 SDK...
:hotcool::woohoo::11sign::speakcool:

as soon as i get home, that is... it's been a while...:blink:

so may cool new thingz! yay!

i gotta learn me LUA programming so i can make a programable flight computer for this ship - how cool would that be?

cheeerz

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

ok, i'm home! all files migrated to 2010 - ok!

compatibility checks out! looks like we're gold on this one! :thumbup:

now, on to redoing some code to include VESSEL3 things!:)

and i'll make it into a release build, so to eliminate the dependency issues!

cheerz

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
ok... just got the first compiles on the new SDK - i've switched to release config, also...

most stuff checks out, but now the MFDs and HUD are looking strange... and by "strange", i mean, not working anymore :(

one of the MFDs is appearing in the panel i had reserved for the flight computer screen... very odd, considering there's nothing really going on there...

i was browsing throught the docs, but didn't make much sense of how the DVC setup functions are working now... it was late, and i was very sleepy, which didn't help much either...

any pointers?

i did, however, finish modelling the internal animations for the windshield visor... looks cool, but i guess it'll look better when i get a couple of textures on it :hmm:

and finally, the upper inlets have -again- been removed... i was itching with them for a while now... and since they're not at all realistic, they're gone... i did keep the bulges where they stood, since there's some nice room for fuel tanks

gotta admit, it does look kinda better now... :rolleyes:

i also, trimmed off a couple of feet's worth of wingspan... it's looking faster than ever

i also thought of a nice use for the opening nose cone... i really didn't go for the way the RCS vents were exposed to the airstream before... so off they go to sit on a control unit housed inside the nose, which flips downward once there's no more danger of anything being ripped off by mach 20+ winds...

the dock now will be in the bay - shuttle-style, where a secondary command console holds a nice MFD for docking as well as UCGO and payload controls

i don't have any screenshots right now... being at work and all... i'll update when i get home :thumbup:

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
as promised, screenshots!:yes:

picture.php

i'm clearly not done with texturing... but it gives off a good idea of how it's gonna turn out...

notice the upper scoops are gone and the wings look a bit sleeker

picture.php

that's a wide view of the VC... i got some new graphics on the displays... looks better than all text, i believe - and some of it is already working, like the round engine gauges and the fuel meter

but due to the new sketchpad deal, my changes to the HUD have stopped working... i guess i'll have to bring my code up to speed on that one :rolleyes:

cheerz

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Wow... just WOW. :speakcool:

Keep up the good work, she's looking better than ever. :cheers:

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
That's really coming along!! very impressive! I like the new design. it would have interesting flight characteristics without a rudder do you think it would slip laterally alot? is it controlled mainly by gimbal?

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

hmmmm.jpg

this image just popped into my mind while i was looking at your screenshot! of just thought i'd share the idea :idk: