New Release D3D9Client Development

cristiapi

Reaction score
Here's a new binary for testing the reported issue with screen recording utilities. It's a DLL only to be intalled on a top of 3.10 in /Modules/Plugin/

I overwritten the old installation with "D3D9ClientR3.10-forOrbiter2016(r1162).zip", then I overwritten the DLL with your new zip; worked for me. :thumbup:

EDIT: do you plan to upload a release version of that DLL?

---------- Post added at 11:12 ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 ----------

cristiapi, would you mind running a release one version younger than the working one?

jarmonik's DLL solved the problem, but if you still need that test, no problem for me. Do you have a link?

Last edited:

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
jarmonik's DLL solved the problem, but if you still need that test, no problem for me. Do you have a link?
No thanks, not needed anymore :thumbup:
Glad to hear your issue is fixed.

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Are we ready for 3.11 release or are there something that should be addressed before that ?

Marijn

Reaction score
My recording software (oCam) crashes upon hitting rec. But I think that's a new unrelated problem after an update since it's occuring in the R2.1 as well.

So please go ahead! :thumbup:

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I am currently thinking a bout a repository-relayout, but that definitely should be postponed!
So nothing from my side.
Or is there some new feature that needs documentation?

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Are we ready for 3.11 release or are there something that should be addressed before that ?
How about getting the cloud micro textures working again? I think that the attached screenshot from 2010-P1 shows just how much life they put into the clouds. Currently they looks just bland and flat.

Attachments

• Orbiter2010_cloud_microtextures.jpg
    Orbiter2010_cloud_microtextures.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 48

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Currently, is there a chance gcSketchpadVersion() doesn't return 2?

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Currently, is there a chance gcSketchpadVersion() doesn't return 2?

Yes, for an example running MFD in DX9ExtMFD plugin currently returns "1" but there are plans in motion to upgrade the plugin to support DirectX and Skepchpad 2.

Also if a Sketchpad is created for a surface that's been created with OAPISURFACE_SYSMEM or OAPISURFACE_GDI flags, the return value is "1" but is very rare case, I don't know any.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Yes, for an example running MFD in DX9ExtMFD plugin currently returns "1" but there are plans in motion to upgrade the plugin to support DirectX and Skepchpad 2.

Also if a Sketchpad is created for a surface that's been created with OAPISURFACE_SYSMEM or OAPISURFACE_GDI flags, the return value is "1" but is very rare case, I don't know any.

Thanks!
I'm trying to avoid doing uneeded checks in the MFD logic, and after establishing that D3D9 is running I was wondering if there was a point (currently) to check the version.
So, the surfaces created with those 2 flags, they would not be MFD, right?
About the ExtMFDs, I think I'll "disable" SSU's MFD in it, as it raises "internal questions" (data and power source), so that won't be an issue.

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
So, the surfaces created with those 2 flags, they would not be MFD, right?
Right, they wouldn't be MFDs. I am not aware of any case where MFD would be created with type "1" other than the DX9ExtMFD.

ExtMFD might return "2" but if it does it's really laggy.

NOTE: The DX7 Inline engine always returns "1".

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
New Build is Out

There is a new build of the client published.

- Cloud microtextures are now enabled. On/Off toggle option in "Advanced Setup" Dialog.

- Jumps in a water/sea texturing fixed.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
There is a new build of the client published.

- Cloud microtextures are now enabled. On/Off toggle option in "Advanced Setup" Dialog.

- Jumps in a water/sea texturing fixed.
Thanks for implementing the micro textures for the cloud layer. Things look very much improved now. The only thing from me now is shadows on diffuse particle streams. Right now particle streams be they diffuse or emmissive, they're not affected by shadows. They can cast shadows, but not be affected by them (IE, do a night launch, a diffuse particle streams is lit exactly the way it it would be in full on bright daylight).

Attachments

• Orbiter2016_cloud_microtextures.jpg
    Orbiter2016_cloud_microtextures.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 101

Marg

Reaction score
Thanks, it is better. Where is defined the size of cloud microtextures (scale)?
But yes, I also share DaveS's thoaughts about particle illumination, but it can be diffiicult.

P.S. are ocean waves moving faster?

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
But yes, I also share DaveS's thoaughts about particle illumination, but it can be diffiicult.

The scale is tied to a tile level which can be changed only from the (*.cpp) source codes. Also the scale can be only doubled or reduced in half. A Finer control is possible by altering the micro-texture size that is currently 256x256. It doesn't need to be power of two.

There are some plans to create a particle effect editor which would allow more options and capabilities for particles and emitters. This editor would be an extension to the mesh/vessel editor that's been mentioned earlier. The particle lighting issues would be addressed during the upgrade process.

Is the water too fast ? It's defined in Surface.fx line 679, current speed in 60 tiles / h

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
This the cloud micro textures I'm using, it's a bit on the old side but still works well: [ame="https://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3164"]Just a moment...[/ame]

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Yeah, they are definitely "feeling" to fast.
I would rather go for 1/3 of the speed, as it "feels" better.

Easy fix by changing Modules\D3D9Client\Surface.fx (SurfaceTechPS; Line 679):
vUVWtr.x += fTime*60.0f/3600.0f;
vUVWtr.x += fTime/180.0f;

Marg

Reaction score
For some reason I do not see cloud microtextures... I know this mcwgogs addon, and effect is absent. Client is installed, microtexture checkbox is checked, but Orbiter though is not r.90 but otherwise everything runs OK.

I tried to update Orbiter, but TortoiseSVN somehow fails. Is it address issue?
I see "svn://orbiter-forum.com/orbiter" but should it be like "svn://svn.orbiter-forum.com/orbiter" (with another svn in address?)