AMSO AMSO for Orbiter 2016 released

barrygolden

Reaction score
4 rock I opened my texture file and found the Moon opened that but no surf folder in there only archive

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Just extract the surf file there, it'll work fine.

barrygolden

Reaction score
also looking to land at Schroter's Valley

---------- Post added 01-01-20 at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was 12-31-19 at 10:01 PM ----------

I know someone will do
apollo 14 but would be nice to see the original Apollo 14 landing site at the wrinkle ridges at Littrow

Marg

Reaction score
Maybe another set of global Moon textures - illuminated from the opposite side would be cool solution? And user chooses Moon1, Moon2, ... hm, sounds strange I know...

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
Words cannot describe my utter childlike excitement at this news. I'm like a kid who got that one thing he really wanted for Christmas.

---------- Post added 01-04-20 at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was 01-03-20 at 11:49 PM ----------

I guess my only issues are some of the landmark craters being absent or so subdued that they're hard to find. It makes finding the right landing area challenging. The only other issue I see is that Surveyor III is rendered under the ground as opposed to sitting on it. Definitely a step in the right direction though, and an excuse to actually play Orbiter 2016!

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com

Attachments

• 0046.jpg
    0046.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 0044.jpg
    0044.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
As I mentioned we need better tools in order to get a more accurate surface. As it is meter scale errors are to be expected.

At the very least we have a starting point for future updates and improvements. Now I need to get back on my Apollo 14 Soundpack so I can conquer Cone Crater for real.

barrygolden

Reaction score
I think I did, lot of small rocks around. My EVA guys seem above the surface but need to look again

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

I still see mine looks really flat

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
You need to follow the instructions that come with AMSO.
Do you have the required D3D9Client version ?
"linear interpolation" must be selected for Visual effects tab and "Experimental lunar surface interpolation" from D3D9Client configurations.

Sbb1413

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him
At the very least we have a starting point for future updates and improvements. Now I need to get back on my Apollo 14 Soundpack so I can conquer Cone Crater for real.

You can also continue developing the Multistage2015 Saturn for Orbiter 2016 using AMSO 2016! :cool:

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
You can also continue developing the Multistage2015 Saturn for Orbiter 2016 using AMSO 2016! :cool:

This isn't really the place to discuss it but I will say that the AMSO meshes probably won't work. Believe me, I tried awhile ago. What I'll probably do is use the NASSP Saturn V and Saturn IB again, combined with meshes from Velcro Rockets. I won't go all out and complicated like I did last time. AAPO would be preferred for the Apollo CSM (unsure how I would use the AMSO CSM on a Multistage 2015 vessel) but I don't think AAPO works with Orbiter 2016. I sort of lost the passion for it because I got too carried away with the last one. I was so proud of the Saturn IB that I made that I started slapping payloads onto it without thinking about how I'd go about releasing the thing. When I do catch the bug again and start tinkering with Multistage, I'll probably limit it to proof-of-concept launchers with dummy payloads. Of course, Skylab and the early Saturn I launches will be there too, but the add on won't be of the same caliber as the last one for sanity reasons.

Back to the subject of the thread, I've been flying Apollo 17 and having a blast doing it. The approach into the Taurus Littrow Valley was spectacular. I also adore being able to drive the rover on actual terrain. I'm happy to report that the orange soil is right where it should be.

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
To use AMSO with other launchers, you need to play with the STATE parameter on the scenarios. STATE 10 gets you only the CMS.
There are other parameters so it's best just to copy them from working scenarios.
If you set it to live payload on a multistage Saturn I it should work.
Other states will give you starting configurations...