Problem XR2 Mixed Cockpits

drgullen

Reaction score
I am having a strange error with the XR2. I end up in this state:

mixed_cockpits.jpg

As you can see, it's a mix of the VC and the regular cockpit. I don't know what I am doing to put myself into this state. It seems to happen if I Alt-Tab to do something else on the computer.

This is using 2010-P1 with the D3D9 client. I don't really ever use the VC so what I would primarily like to know is how to uninstall just the VC and if that is not possible, how else to fix this problem?

The issue is, once I get a mix of cockpits like this, cycling through F1 or F8 does not resolve the problem. The VC is stuck there until I save and reload the scenario.

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Does it happen in a clean install with just the XR2, UMMu, and OrbiterSound? It looks like some add-on is corrupting memory.

drgullen

Reaction score
I'm still doing some testing trying to figure it out. I think it's an add-on as well because this did not use to happen to me. It might be the Interior Navigator add-on as I recently installed that. I'm in the middle of a flight right now, so I'll uninstall that and see what happens.

As an aside though, is there a way to uninstall the VC? I really don't use it, so if I could get rid of it, that would resolve the issue as well.

Cheers,
Glen

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I think it's the interior navigator, but it should happen if you press shift + space and not alt+tab. if you press ctrl R does it reset itself to the proper view?

Ps: deactivating the interior navigator in the launchpad should be enough without uninstalling it, so you'll have it available next time you want it

drgullen

Reaction score
I haven't tested a flight without it yet Fred, but I was definitely not pressing Shift + Space. This issue would occur even though I had not used Interior Navigator at any point prior to this during the flight.

I would Alt-Tab to look at a web page or email or whatever and when I would come back to Orbiter, the message at the bottom would say "Navigating" and then I get the two cockpits. At that point, pressing Shift+Space or Ctrl+R has no effect on resetting the cockpit. My only option is to quick save, exit Orbiter and launch the scenario again.

I've removed it for now, but if there's a way to delete the VC out of the XR2, I'll put it back.

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I think that this happens because some how windows keeps buffered the key pressed. So sooner or later while whatching the email or web pages you press shift and space even if not at the same time. As soon as i'll be finished with ms2015 i'll fix the interior navigator plugin!

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
As an aside though, is there a way to uninstall the VC? I really don't use it, so if I could get rid of it, that would resolve the issue as well.

Cheers,
Glen

No, there is no way to "uninstall" the VC -- it is part of the XR2's mesh. There is only one mesh, so if you would try to delete the VC you would delete the XR2's mesh as well.