Meshing Question VC Panel development

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
Thanks again dgatsoulis.... Option 4 sounds good, how exactly can i raise the altitude of the terrain at the pads location?

If you are using D3D9, go to the Doc folder, open D3D9Client.pdf and find the Terrain Flattening section.
Terrain Flattening
With the planetary elevation model, some areas of a planet (or moon) might not be perfectly "flat"
and make it hard for some vessels to stand upright for example. With the "terrain flattening"
feature one can define specific regions to be modified (See Enable terrain flattening under
Graphics options and Terrain Flattening definitions for details).

You can also use the tileedit tool that comes with Orbiter, (check the Utils folder) . I 'd recommend getting the updated version from here , for added functionality and removal of the Matlab dependency.

Or you can start a project thread about the base you want to create, share some pics of the meshes you've created and get help on the specifics from there.

CDGA

Reaction score
Hello all! i managed to make a simple base with 3 landing pads with the landing space dipped so it touches the ground for now, no painting just a temporary generic texture... I´ll keep looking for a way to make raised landing surfaces. still i have to ask... is there a way to flatten the terrain? alter the surface mesh? would be useful, would love to add some detailed surface textures too... i did manage to mix textures in blender, turns out the orbiter mesh exporter can export more than one texture in a single mesh. still the base is at an early stage, testing and learning a lot... but i´m finally getting somewhere. someone was asking me to post something so here´s a little something, my first little base heh... i´ll throw in a simple render of two MFD modules. cheers all

Attachments

• Sin título.jpg
    Sin título.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 10
  • Tranquility panels.jpg
    Tranquility panels.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 10
  • MFD.png
    MFD.png
    476.2 KB · Views: 10

CDGA

Reaction score
Oh dgatsoulis... i just read your last post, heh. you just answered my question, thank you... ill check it out