Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Exactly. So far I have only done a very simple AC system, still about 99% of the EPS missing.

Currently open tasks on my side:
- Mission files (still not done, will get it finished over night)
- finish the math in the AC motor class.
OK. As an example of the AC motors working(maybe a bit simplified in v1.25), how about having the vent doors working? They're in the mesh and is just waiting for someone to code them up.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
OK. As an example of the AC motors working(maybe a bit simplified in v1.25), how about having the vent doors working? They're in the mesh and is just waiting for someone to code them up.

I currently use the star tracker doors as example, that is why their movement is so erratic currently. Vent doors would be possible, but we lack the DPS display to manually control them.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Exactly. So far I have only done a very simple AC system, still about 99% of the EPS missing.

Currently open tasks on my side:
- Mission files (still not done, will get it finished over night)
- finish the math in the AC motor class.

If it's not a bug, then I have no problem with it.

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well, there's one last major question before a release: How are we going to distribute the new version? It's fairly major, even without the sources.

Also, are we going to include Kukanotas' high-res KSC? If we ask, I don't think he has a problem with us including it.

May I make a suggestion,

How about torrent? That way everyone downloading can be uploading as well and it would not require a lot of bandwidth from OH.

Edit:
How big is the file(s)?

Would simply putting it on OH work?
I just put all the SSU files (not including the files in the Textures2 folder and the source code) in to a zip file, and its around 100 MB. However, some of the mesh/texture files seem to be either old, unused versions. There are also some files for payload meshes, which don't need to be included in the SSU download.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

File size is down to 45 MB.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
That could go on Orbithangar.

Poscik

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Some new checklist have been included? Would be good to have some steps how to perform correct RPM, attach OBSS, retract docking ring or use other shuttle stuff.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Some new checklist have been included? Would be good to have some steps how to perform correct RPM, attach OBSS, retract docking ring or use other shuttle stuff.

You can already do that well with the real checklists, just skip the missing switches and displays.

Poscik

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I still can't do correct RPM. Shuttle rotates in wrong way. All steps performed as in STS-124 RNDZ Checklist, page 1-7. Maybe because I don't understand this:
-Z ADI PITCH - where is it?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
For getting the RPM right, don't forget two things:
1. The correct orbital DAP settings
2. That you need to disable the autopilot once at full rotation

Maybe because I don't understand this:
-Z ADI PITCH - where is it?

-Z ADI (Attitude Director Indicator) is the ADI(MDU) in the aft flight deck, set to use the -Z axis as reference.

Poscik

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
In SPEC20:
Item 17 modifying Item 13.
Item 37 modifying Item 33.
To Item 22 I'm not able to enter 0.00 value. Other values can be entered normally.

EDIT:
My mistake, Item 37 modifying Item 23, not 33. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
In SPEC20:
Item 17 modifying Item 13.
Item 37 modifying Item 33.
To Item 22 I'm not able to enter 0.00 value. Other values can be entered normally.

EDIT:
My mistake, Item 37 modifying Item 23, not 33. Sorry about that.
ITEM 22 isn't simulated yet, which is why you can't modify it. I'll look at what's happening with the other 2 items (these aren't used by SSU either, although they can be modified).

EDIT: ITEM 22 can be modified, but it currently only accepts values greater than 0.

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
***Facepalms***

Don't ask why...it is embarrassing.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Anymore thoughts on release ? The STS-125 payloads are all but complete for SSU 1.25 release. :)

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Anymore thoughts on release ? The STS-125 payloads are all but complete for SSU 1.25 release. :)

I have some birds singing that martins might release a new Orbiter version soon, I can't confirm this, but if this is true, I would like to see some insurance that SSU works also in the latest beta.

It would be a bit bad if we release it next weekend and only two (or more) weeks later we have to fix surprising bugs for Orbiter 2009.

Of course, waiting for martins to release Orbiter 2009 is also stupid, as even he does not know the release date. A vicious circle.

FordPrefect

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Well, you could clearly state that the 1.25 release has not been tested on any later version yet. You won't delay the release because of a possible new Orbiter version around the corner, will you? :cry:

fresh squid

Reaction score
I have to agree with FordPrefect . I think you should release your addon when you think its ready. I am really looking forward to it. If a new version
of orbiter comes out the next day who cares! I'll be busy shaken down your new shuttle.

;)

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
By the sound of what SSU 1.25 is going to be like will rival SSM2007 greatly and it won't cost 50 dollars either. ;)

Well, there is still a lot of important stuff missing even in 1.25.

Status
Not open for further replies.