Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
SSU 4.0 is all packed up and ready!
Any of the devs want to test the product before it hits the stores? :lol: Or should I just proceed with the release?

I can't test, but if you release it, I'll directly jump to migrate my SSU workspace to Orbiter 2016 next weekend.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I can't test, but if you release it, I'll directly jump to migrate my SSU workspace to Orbiter 2016 next weekend.

That was my idea too, wait until the weekend to deal with any major complaints about 4.0, and then merge the beta branch with the trunk, thus moving the "main development line" to Orbiter 2016.

So, I'll start creating the 4.0 tag for posterity and then I'll pull back the curtains...

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

Uploaded!!! https://sourceforge.net/projects/shuttleultra/files/shuttleultra/4.0/SSU_v4.0r2550.zip/download
Adding the link to OH now. How can I set the "Looking for the latest version?" link in SF?

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

How can I set the "Looking for the latest version?" link in SF?
Looks like I don't have permissions to do that. :( Done

---------- Post added 12-07-16 at 01:44 AM ---------- Previous post was 12-06-16 at 03:31 PM ----------

Houston, we have a problem!
So I was updating the beta branch with the latest trunk and noticed there are some artifacts on the main gear doors.... once the gear is deployed it becomes obvious what the problem is: the main gear wheel wells aren't showing... :facepalm:
One order of SSU 4.1 coming right up. :shifty:

Last edited:

Cougar

Reaction score
ERROR: Could not load vessel module...

Gentlemen,

i am awfully sorry to disturb the ongoing discussion with a rookie question like this:

SSU is such a great add-on. Unfortunetly since SSU 3.0 i always get these error messages below when trying to start SSU on a clean Orbiter2010.zip install. I have complied to all steps outlined in the Readme.txt - OrbiterSound, HiRes KSC, Vandenberg and Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2013 are installed. My System runs on Windows 10.

I have no clue what I´m missing. Please help!!!

Thank you very much for your answers!

Best regards,
Rick

---------------------------------------------------------------
>>> ERROR: Could not load vessel module: SSU_Pad
>>> [Vessel::LoadModule | .\Vessel.cpp | 5442]
>>> ERROR: Could not load vessel module: SSU_LCC
>>> ERROR: Could not load vessel module: SpaceShuttleUltra
>>> ERROR: Could not load vessel module: SSU_Tank
>>> ERROR: Could not load vessel module: SSU_SRB

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Gentlemen,

i am awfully sorry to disturb the ongoing discussion with a rookie question like this:

SSU is such a great add-on. Unfortunetly since SSU 3.0 i always get these error messages below when trying to start SSU on a clean Orbiter2010.zip install. I have complied to all steps outlined in the Readme.txt - OrbiterSound, HiRes KSC, Vandenberg and Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2013 are installed. My System runs on Windows 10.

I have no clue what I´m missing. Please help!!!

Thank you very much for your answers!

Best regards,
Rick

>>> ERROR: Could not load vessel module: SSU_Pad
>>> ERROR: Could not load vessel module: SSU_LCC
>>> ERROR: Could not load vessel module: SpaceShuttleUltra
>>> ERROR: Could not load vessel module: SSU_Tank

Can you check the Modules directory to see if you have the SpaceShuttleUltra.dll file (and the others in the list above as well)? And also the Config/Vessels folder for the SpaceShuttleUltra.cfg, etc.

Cougar

Reaction score
@gls: Thank you for your quick reply, Sir! I just checked - everything is in place. All required files are in Config/Vessels and Modules folder.

Doug Beachy said some years ago to the same problem:

"Regarding the CTD, that means that Orbiter could not load C:\Orbiter\Modules\MG_Atlantis.dll: double-check that the file exists.

Regarding the build error, check your C++ project settings and ensure that the following directory is in your 'path to include files' setting:
C:\Orbiter\Orbitersdk\include. You will also want to make sure that you add 'C:\Orbiter\Orbitersdk\lib' to your libraries path as well. Finally, you will need to link with orbiter.lib and Orbitersdk.lib as well. If you don't, you will get a bunch of 'unresolved external' error messages when you try to link."

I checked the first like you suggested, too, Sir.
But i don´t know what Mr. Beachy means with "path to include files" and "libraries path".

Could this be the problem i´m facing?

Thanks for answering!!!

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
@gls: Thank you for your quick reply, Sir! I just checked - everything is in place. All required files are in Config/Vessels and Modules folder.

Doug Beachy said some years ago to the same problem:

"Regarding the CTD, that means that Orbiter could not load C:\Orbiter\Modules\MG_Atlantis.dll: double-check that the file exists.

Regarding the build error, check your C++ project settings and ensure that the following directory is in your 'path to include files' setting:
C:\Orbiter\Orbitersdk\include. You will also want to make sure that you add 'C:\Orbiter\Orbitersdk\lib' to your libraries path as well. Finally, you will need to link with orbiter.lib and Orbitersdk.lib as well. If you don't, you will get a bunch of 'unresolved external' error messages when you try to link."

I checked the first like you suggested, too, Sir.
But i don´t know what Mr. Beachy means with "path to include files" and "libraries path".

Could this be the problem i´m facing?

Thanks for answering!!!

OK, there are 2 separate things here: running SSU, and compiling SSU (which you won't need if you downloaded the released zip).
Focusing on the "running" side of things, do other Orbiter scenarios work? (DG, Shuttle-A, etc)

Cougar

Reaction score
Oh, i see. Thank you, Sir!

I just want to run SSU not to compile it.

I just checked some other standard scenarios comming with Orbiter 2010: DG, Atlantis, Shuttle-A - everything works fine.

To check SSU 4.0 i have created a new folder with just Orbiter 2010, Orbiter Sound 4.0, Vandenberg and HiRes KSC installed. And i have Orbiter 2010 installed from the Zip-Version not the MSI-Version.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Could you install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2010? If the files are in the correct place, then it's a "compatibility" issue between Orbiter and SSU, but it runs here on W7 so it's either missing VC++ stuff or something on W10...

Cougar

Reaction score
For some... unknown... reason only the SSU modules are not loading....

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

I have not seen your reply - yes i try reinstalling VC++ 2010 right now...

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

I can´t install VC++ 2010 - the installer respond that there is a newer version of VC++ 2010 installed.

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

I just checked the "Windows Control Panel - Programs":
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2015 are installed, both for 32bit and 64 bit.

So the requirements should be met and it seems to be a Windows 10 64 bit problem...

Anyway, thank you very much for your help, Sir.

Regards,
Rick

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
For some... unknown... reason only the SSU modules are not loading....

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

I have not seen your reply - yes i try reinstalling VC++ 2010 right now...

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

I can´t install VC++ 2010 - the installer respond that there is a newer version of VC++ 2010 installed.

Yeah forget that, there shouldn't be any dependency on VC++ 2010 anyway.
You said that you have these problems since SSU 3.0? Was that also on W10?

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

Could you run Orbiter under a compatibility mode? I don't know for sure how it is on W10, but it should be in the orbiter.exe properties, compatibility, and then choose W7 maybe... :shrug:

Cougar

Reaction score
Even if i can´t run SSU 4.0 - soley from the manual it seems to be an incredible add-on. I´m so sorry that i can not use it but i keep flying SSU 2.0 which is great, too. But SSU 4.0 is surely a quantum leap...

Thank you and the whole developer team for your super excellent work!!!

Have some nice, quiet and contemplative christmas days...

Best regards,
Rick

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

I just tried running compability mode for Windows 7 and Windows XP SP2 and SP3. I tried to run as admin and not as admin. No luck.

Yes, the problems started with SSU 3.0 and Windows 10 - but on the other hand i can´t remember having run SSU 3.0 on Windows 7 ever. The latest version i have seen running was SSU 2.0.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Just in case - Do you have the C++ runtime installed?

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Houston, we have a problem!
So I was updating the beta branch with the latest trunk and noticed there are some artifacts on the main gear doors.... once the gear is deployed it becomes obvious what the problem is: the main gear wheel wells aren't showing... :facepalm:
One order of SSU 4.1 coming right up. :shifty:
Fixed.

Cougar

Reaction score
@urwumpe: Thank you for your reply. Sir.
Yes, i got all VC++ installed, starting from 2005 to 2015 the 32 bit and 64 bit versions...

Cougar

Reaction score
@DaveS: Thank you for your help, Sir.
Yes, the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 are installed. I just double checked in the Control Panel under installed Programs.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
The doors seem like they are sunk in a bit, and on the port side the forward end of the wheel well doesn't meet the bottom of the orbiter.

Also, is there anything anyone wants to try on the compiler for 4.1? All the projects compile with the non-debug libraries on the Release config, and there are no "special" dependencies other than MSVCR120.DLL and MSVCP120.DLL, so I don't see much to try... :shrug:

Cougar

Reaction score
@DaveS, GLS and Urwumpe: I thank you all so much for spending your precious time to solve my problem. I know, you have lot´s of things to do to move on with the SSU program. And i don´t won´t to disturb your conversations on the forum any longer. I really appreciate big time that you have been taking the time to help me out with my problem.

Each and every SSU-Module i have checked with the Dependency Walker throws out a lot of cryptical error messages, like e.g.:

Error: At least one required implicit or forwarded dependency was not found.
Error: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in an implicitly dependent module.
Error: Modules with different CPU types were found.
Warning: At least one delay-load dependency module was not found.
Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.

I think searching for "THE ERROR" will be not possible.
Either my VC++ Runtimes are corrupted or it´s a Windows 10 64 bit issue.
Anyway, it seems to be a problem with my computer setup...

The only remarkable thing is that all other add-ons, like NASSP7, AMSO, DG IV, UCGO, UMMU, Falcon and Dragon, Velcro, Korouo, Antares, XR-Fleet, Project Gemini, Project Mercury, Project X-15, Shuttle Fleet 4.8R2, Vostok, R7, Soyuz, ... SSU seems to be the only add-on not running on my machine...

It´s such a big, big, big pitty...

Anyway, Gentlemen, it has been an honor and a privileg talking to you.

Thank you all for spending your precious time trying to help me!!!

Regards
Rick

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Which dependency is marked as missing?

And ...

" Error: Modules with different CPU types were found."