Not open for further replies.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
OK, based on those graphics I have discovered a bug with the TSA attachments. The TSA attachments are those for the MMU Flight Support Stations(MMU FSS) attachments, not for the TSAs on the airlock truss. If I remember right, only Challenger and Discovery ever received the modifications necessary for the MMU FSS. The Challenger accident happened before Columbia and Atlantis was modified to support them. And naturally, the MMU was retired long before Endeavour flew for the first time.

No bug, but a feature - for keeping the number of attachments "low", we decided to use the MMU attachments for the TSA, by just changing the position and orientation. External Airlock and MMU together did not happen together in history AFAIR.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
No bug, but a feature - for keeping the number of attachments "low", we decided to use the MMU attachments for the TSA, by just changing the position and orientation. External Airlock and MMU together did not happen together in history AFAIR.
True, but it seems like the code isn't recognizing the fact that the airlock is there! It seems to only load the MMU FSS locations of those attachment points, not the TSAs. This should be a bug.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
True, but it seems like the code isn't recognizing the fact that the airlock is there! It seems to only load the MMU FSS locations of those attachment points, not the TSAs. This should be a bug.

Yes, this is a bug, what I meant with the position of the TSAs needed some fixing. Can you check if the numbers in the graphic are correct? I am still not sure.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Yes, this is a bug, what I meant with the position of the TSAs needed some fixing. Can you check if the numbers in the graphic are correct? I am still not sure.
They're correct.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Any updates fixing the the MMU FSS/TSA attachment point bug?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Any updates fixing the the MMU FSS/TSA attachment point bug?

Not yet, I doubt I'll get it done today. Did not find time for coding yet and see problems getting started this evening.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
If anyone would like the STS-125 payloads, you can PM me.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
If anyone would like the STS-125 payloads, you can PM me.

I would like getting hands on the animatable EMU mesh to do some satanic rituals with it. ;)

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Any updates on remaining bug fixes and airlock config additions?

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I don't think it can be put in those positions. :D

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Any updates on remaining bug fixes and airlock config additions?

I plan fixing the attachment handling this weekend, and move the whole attachment configuration stuff into the mission file. This will include the airlock configuration.

I can maybe also do a STS-125 configuration file with the new payload handling, for testing purposes. A complete visual mission file editor is currently far away, manual editing and copy and paste from the MECOCalc tool will be needed.

Anything more will require me to get the university assignments for monday done today, and I won't bet on that.

Tasks which I also plan, but which can be delayed past 1.25:
- make the core simulation framework of us independent of the Orbiter, so we can use it in other vehicles - for example a EMU/MMU, but also satellites and payloads.
- Implement a EMU with special interfaces for SSU - for example detaching payloads from the payload bay, or take and use EVA tools. Also possible would be implementing movement over EVA hand rails. Would be nice for testing the payload bay stuff in STS-125.
- Have simple radio communication, for example commanding the second EVA astronaut around.
- Finish work on all GNC sensors.

Fun stuff, which is actually completely undesired and not needed at all, but which I can't resist implementing:
- Develop an external damage model for SSU, so my testing of Sputniks Uragan combat spaceplane with SSU does not result in unrealistic damage anymore.
- Make the EMU as mobile as described in my manned spaceflight lecture, so it can do really satanic rituals.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan Urwumpe. Any additions can be issued in Service Packs post v1.25 release.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Sounds like a good plan Urwumpe. Any additions can be issued in Service Packs post v1.25 release.

Aye, at least the EMU would be a "possible" service pack candidate.

the.punk

Advanced Orbinaut
Reaction score
This plan lookes interesting.
How far are you from release?

Status
Not open for further replies.