Project Space Shuttle Vessel

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
As far as PAMS and ASE that what I did. ASE are vessels and attached as passive. The PAM spin table just hard coded into the ASE. So just attach to the shuttle. SAT is attach to ASE and spin away

goForTLI

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Actually I had another question before this: I just looked at 51-G mission - there were 3 PAM-D + satellites, and fourth active payload is SPARTAN. but seems only 3 active payloads are supported (as suggested by A6U "rotary" payload latch switch "1-MONITOR-2-MONITOR-3").

The PAM in fact they are passive payload, all you need to do is attach the cradles as passive latches and attach the PAMs to the cradle, all the interaction the astronauts did was through a standard panel switch and through the OPS 200 SM, and not through the panel retention latches (for actives payloads), because Pam's latches are in the cradle and not in the payload bay (all active payloads have their latches in the payload bay).

Attachments

• OPS 200 SM.png
    OPS 200 SM.png
    346.1 KB · Views: 22
  • standard panel switch.png
    standard panel switch.png
    467.9 KB · Views: 21

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Quick update!
I preparation for v1.8, I switched gears to the ODS and proved the concept of moving the docking port, to simulate the ring retraction, and it works! Since that I've completed a few corrections to the ODS mesh and animations, as used for the ISS missions. Will now work the APAS circuitry, plus the new logic to more the docking port, so something comes out of this.

STS

Reaction score
Website
orbisondas.es
Hello all,

I have a big question, maybe the answer is very simple but I cannot figure it out. I say it´s big because it´s annoying me as I think I have everything set up properly.

How to activate the CCTV system, give power to the monitors, and have a picture on them? When I toggle the power switch on both monitors, the green LED doesn´t turn on, and everything on my panel A7U is off and doesn´t respond to any inputs.

I attach a scenario with the situation I am having.

Best regards,

Attachments

• SSV-CCTV.zip
    11.7 KB · Views: 6

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Hello all,

I have a big question, maybe the answer is very simple but I cannot figure it out. I say it´s big because it´s annoying me as I think I have everything set up properly.

How to activate the CCTV system, give power to the monitors, and have a picture on them? When I toggle the power switch on both monitors, the green LED doesn´t turn on, and everything on my panel A7U is off and doesn´t respond to any inputs.

I attach a scenario with the situation I am having.

Best regards,
You need to close the TV circuit brakers on panel R14 (starboard station, lean forward).

Reactions: STS

STS

Reaction score
Website
orbisondas.es
You need to close the TV circuit brakers on panel R14 (starboard station, lean forward).
1701882978130.png

Ah!! Circuit breakers! Thank you very much, it was annoying me, I thought that CB´s were not yet added.

Best regards!

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Quick update: ODS work is progressing well so far, although a bit slower than expected, so this won't be a Christmas gift...
Still, after working the external mesh, I did some work on the APDS panel:
apds_panel.PNG
It's currently a hybrid of old and new labels... I might also work that, but it's not that bad as is.

On the logic side: PSU mostly done, PACU almost complete and hooks are moving (their lights already work in the image above), DSCU still a bit empty, and the rest is still not done at all. I still haven't decided if I take the time now to make SPEC 167 (Docking Status), or leave it for after v2.0.... currently inclined to the later option.

Last edited:

Marg

Reaction score
Hm, I've run into a problem of not being able to close PL DOORS before reentry. Seemingly everything is set up, in PL DOORS software as well (ITEM1 etc...), and switches on R13 as well, K-Band antenna is stowed, but nothing happens. ITEM3 (auto mode) though has no asterisk next to it, should be there one?

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Hm, I've run into a problem of not being able to close PL DOORS before reentry. Seemingly everything is set up, in PL DOORS software as well (ITEM1 etc...), and switches on R13 as well, K-Band antenna is stowed, but nothing happens. ITEM3 (auto mode) though has no asterisk next to it, should be there one?
Are you following this?
(ignore the camera steps and steps 8 and 9)
1703530753764.png

Marg

Reaction score
Thanks, I managed to close them. I entered ITEM14 EXEC, then ITEM 16 EXEC and then ITEM3 AUTO mode worked (asterisk appeared).
And then ITEM 17 EXEC...

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Thanks, I managed to close them. I entered ITEM14 EXEC, then ITEM 16 EXEC and then ITEM3 AUTO mode worked (asterisk appeared).
And then ITEM 17 EXEC...
Those are the PLB Door switch override ITEMs, which backup the switch. But the switch should work.

Tim13

Reaction score
Question. In the install instructions, is number 3 the SSV files? So the sequence is Orbiter base game, sound, antelope, then SSV.

Screenshot 2023-12-28 093943.png

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
GLS: Do you think you could implement a key-press trigger for the HUD de-cluttering? I'd like to assign that to one of the buttons on my X-52 so I can focus on flying the orbiter. An actual CDR would have the benefit of using the left hand for HUD management, which is a bit of a hassle since we have to make do with a mouse.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
GLS: Do you think you could implement a key-press trigger for the HUD de-cluttering? I'd like to assign that to one of the buttons on my X-52 so I can focus on flying the orbiter. An actual CDR would have the benefit of using the left hand for HUD management, which is a bit of a hassle since we have to make do with a mouse.
It is possible, but I'd have to check.
One thing I'll eventually change in the switches (which will firstly affect the ones currently with hacks: gear, chute and SSME shutdown) is having a "fake call" to the mouse click callback, with the coordinates of a switch, so that all the normal switch processing (and animation) happens, as if the user clicked on the switch. The source of this "fake call" could be a key shortcut or, more interestingly, a script.
I've no idea when this will happen... maybe in a v1.9 version, which is very likely to happen, due to the mountain of work still to do for the v2.0 version.

Quick update about v1.8: progress slowed down a lot in the past weeks, with me having a small rest, the remaining parts DSCU logic being a bit complex, and other things having to be done. For now, I'm still expecting this to be complete this month.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
GLS: Is there anyway to tweak the atmospheric FCS gains? The orbiter is very sensitive to inputs in pitch but roll response is almost nonexistent. I have to put in a near full command in the roll axis in order for the FCS to execute any sort of roll while pitch is so sensitive that you could breath on the RHC and it will respond.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
GLS: Is there anyway to tweak the atmospheric FCS gains? The orbiter is very sensitive to inputs in pitch but roll response is almost nonexistent. I have to put in a near full command in the roll axis in order for the FCS to execute any sort of roll while pitch is so sensitive that you could breath on the RHC and it will respond.
The AerojetDAP should be pretty much like the real thing, both in logic and values (except for the "cheating" in the I/O). I have more data to look at, and some things will likely change as a result, but it won't be anything revolutionary.
Actually, the roll is pretty unstable around Mach 2 or so, as it was in real life, so it might just be lazy like that at lower speeds.

The physical properties and/or the aero might be wrong, but I never found anything obviously wrong.

The joystick input should work correctly, as I changed to the correct Orbiter function to get it... but I have no joystick to test. Anyway, the inputs received in the GPC are visible in SPECs 25 and 43.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The AerojetDAP should be pretty much like the real thing, both in logic and values (except for the "cheating" in the I/O). I have more data to look at, and some things will likely change as a result, but it won't be anything revolutionary.
Actually, the roll is pretty unstable around Mach 2 or so, as it was in real life, so it might just be lazy like that at lower speeds.

The physical properties and/or the aero might be wrong, but I never found anything obviously wrong.

The joystick input should work correctly, as I changed to the correct Orbiter function to get it... but I have no joystick to test. Anyway, the inputs received in the GPC are visible in SPECs 25 and 43.
The region I'm having the issues with is the subsonic region, when CSS is supposed to be used. I'll check with the SPECs to see what they show in so far as physical outputs are detected.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Quick update!
APDS avionics work is pretty much complete, with just 1 or 2 issues left to work. It follows the original (Mir) implementation, so the auto docking sequence works and will do all the actions needed after capture to bring the vehicles to a "hard-dock". This sequence was eventually disabled for the ISS (not 100% confirmed yet), due to the dampers not releasing when commanded, which messed up the ring retraction. A manual procedure, in the Rendezvous checklist, was used instead. I haven't done a complete check, but this manual procedure should still be possible to follow, which stops the auto sequence, so pretty much both methods are available.
In the future, the change to disable the auto sequence will be put in the logic, thus creating the ISS version of the APDS avionics, and an option will allow the user to pick which APDS/ODS is to be used.

In the flight deck, the "Docking System Power" panel is now the one introduced for the ISS missions. The previous one was a mix of the original (Mir) and the ISS version, and was missing an empty section at the bottom, which meant it ended up vertically stretched. Currently this is the state of things:
ods_panels.PNG
The missing details will be added in the following days, along with finishing the "power cabling". No support yet for vestibule pressurization, pyros, SPEC 167, or "remote" APDS control.

So, a mixed set of parts for now (btw, the APDS outside is the ISS version), but it is coming together and should still be a big improvement, and it should also allow both APDS/ODS versions to exist in the future (I could everything now, but it will just delay the release even further).
One related issue to investigate is the position of the overhead hatch, which seems a bit too far up, decreasing the CL camera view.