Orbiter Screenshot Thread

JonnyBGoode

Sky Marshal
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I believe the correct aeronautical terminology is "YEEEE-HAWWW!" :thumbup:

15220002_10208392848520923_524750337398446292_n.jpg

Martin's AV addon, with my Site 10 addon to his addon (WIP).

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
Now playing with Ceres (the global elevation map is quite noisy...).

0039.jpg

At the request of a friend that wishes to land on the south polar regions, here's Enceladus.
Only partial coverage available but usable. Needs some ice micro-textures though ;)

0040.jpg

Koloss

Weyland-Yutani Corp.
Donator
Reaction score
Short trip to the moon to deploy an MTKS-SAT

Had to capture this beautiful sight
QHn5UbJ.jpg

VKn2s5H.jpg

uijFB6Q.jpg

No one's in the cockpit - at my space company the pilot does all the work :lol:
4VLo0hX.jpg

Adios!
BjvO6vc.jpg

gVhC2vN.jpg

Reentry always feels like this:
hqdefault.jpg

Easy now...
Cxvx9yx.jpg

Refueling - next stop: Geostationary orbit!
2USNrmy.jpg

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Out of curiosity: I was surprised to notice many of the screenshots recently posted seem to belong to the vanilla orbiter GC. Does that mean a lot of you guys still run Orbiter on D3D7?

martins

Orbiter Founder
Orbiter Founder
Reaction score
Website
orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk
Coming along nicely:

picture.php

Only a few more TB source data to download :thumbup: and I should be able to wrap it up. Unfortunately there are quite a lot of seams in the mosaic, but I'm not sure if I can face editing them by hand. Still looks pretty impressive.

Out of curiosity: I was surprised to notice many of the screenshots recently posted seem to belong to the vanilla orbiter GC. Does that mean a lot of you guys still run Orbiter on D3D7?

In case this question was addressed to me: my test rig is always vanilla orbiter, since that delineates my area of responsibility. I install addons only temporarily for interface debugging purposes.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
A Grand Canyon scene (close to Lake Mead). Here is a little timeline:

Orbiter 2010 (remember that one?). Hmm ...

picture.php

Orbiter 2016. A lot better (not that difficult). Still not really spectacular.

picture.php

And here is an early sneak preview of a little addon package I am currently working on:

picture.php

Admittedly it's a bit frivolous, given that it hasn't got anything to do specifically with spaceflight (other than maybe replaying the chase scene from Independence Day ;)). But since we are trying to model Valles Marineris as well as possible, surely we shouldn't discriminate against Earth. (and I do like the Grand Canyon).

The image above shows tiles at resolution level 17. My source material would allow up to level 19, but maybe that would be really over the top. The addon could then end up bigger than the global hires Earth package.

Amazing! Looks as good as some of the ortho scenery available for X-Plane 10. For reference, each tile created at Level 16 in g2xpl takes roughly 8GB of space. I know some real-world pilots who use X-Plane that decided to go all out and tile the entire US and parts of Europe at level 17, and thus ended up getting additional 4TB hard drives to hold the scenery.

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
And here is an early sneak preview of a little addon package I am currently working on:

picture.php

Thanks, That looks absolutely stunning. Now we just need to build a spaceport there...:cheers:

I have been a little occupied lately but I am looking to get back to work as soon as I am able. Also, getting multiple sketchpad instances running in parallel is more difficult than was initially expected.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
That beauty though...! Headed down for a landing at Brighton Beach this evening. :)

Attachments

• 2016-12-16 (3).jpg
    2016-12-16 (3).jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 95