New Orbiter SVN commit (r.71, Oct 14 2017)

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
If the text annotations works with it then the problem is in the D3D9. Do you look into it or should I look into it ?

The problem is in D3D9Client! Orbiter core likes to call D3D9Pad::TextBox, which was not implemented, as a fallback D3D9Pad::Text is called which ignored the len parameter.

I've committed a quick fix (rev.704) for the 'length problem', but the D3D9Pad::TextBox method needs to be filled with life! (wrapping of lines).

Could you take a closer look into that, please.

/Kuddel

Last edited:

Hlynkacg

Aspiring rocket scientist
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
This may be an odd question but is there a specific .NET Framework I should be using when developing add-ons for the beta? Does it matter? I'm currently using 4.5.2.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Orbiter isn't dependent on any version of .NET Framework. If you want to use .NET with Orbiter add-ons you can use any version (of course you will need to use unmanaged code to interface with Orbiter).

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Is there a bug tracker for Orbiter beta?

martins

Orbiter Founder
Orbiter Founder
Reaction score
Website
orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk
New Orbiter Beta Released (r.58 aka RC.1, Jul 12 2016)

OVP commit for this beta: r.52

Change log:

1. bug fix: texpack: TOC now includes nodes without own data to bridge gap to orphaned descendants
  2. bug fix: TileManager2: tile grid resolution was stored as static member but could differ between instances (could lead to memory corruption)
This should address the problem previously noted that texpack misses out any tiles which are not connected to the root by an unbroken chain. The bad news is that you will have to re-run texpack on all layers that caused problems (mostly Earth, from what I gather).

There is also a bug fix that could cause memory corruption if different tile manager instances used different mesh grid resolutions. This would for example occur if the grid resolution was set to 64 or 128, since cloud layers are fixed to 32. This affected both the inline client and D3D7 client.

I've designated this beta as RC.1. See also http://orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=37243

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
D3D9Client 24.1 (for Orbiter BETA r58)

Here's the current D3D9Client (linked against BETA r58)

I could not (yet) test it 'cause my texpack run is not through ;)
but I added all the necessary changes of OVP r52!

/Kuddel

Last edited:

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
Will there be other revisions of this version, eventually becoming next RCs, or will it be closed or "frozen" at Rev58?
Since in the RC1 thread you wrote that you are going to remove the low-res packs, it sounds as if it won't work anymore as in the past.

Eduard

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have installed the the latest Beta, 24.1 r.58 now and I am trying to get the newest client D3D9ClientBeta24.1-forBETA r58(r733).zip working, still using the uncompressed planet textures, but now the planet textures are not loaded at all. (The stock client works well and shows alle textures, but the D3D9 client does not.)
I thought that the cashed version should still work. Any ideas?

jroly

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Eduard, there are settings in the launchpad to choose which type or types should be loaded. Play around with that.

Eduard

Reaction score
Eduard, there are settings in the launchpad to choose which type or types should be loaded. Play around with that.
Hi jroly,

I have tried several different options, but I really don't get it working.
Under the "D3D9Client Advanced Setup" (Video -> Advanced) I tried "Cache only", "Cache & Archive" and even "Archive only", but in none of the cases I see any of the uncompressed surface, elevation or cloud textures or other textures.
Also changing from "Load on demand" to "Pre-load at session start" does not make any difference.
And moving de textures from the "Textures" to the "Textures2" directory did not make any difference (I don't know the reason why there are 2 textures directories, maybe someone can explain it).
The only textures I see are the surface bases and the vessels on the planets.

I have archived some Earth textures now with Martin's new texpack-tool in the Utils-directory, and these compressed textures are finally loaded correctly now (when using the "Cache & Archive" or "Archive only" option of course). But the other textures are still never loaded.

The Orbiter.log and D3D9ClientLog.html do not give much information about it. Is there a way I can easily troubleshoot this problem?
Maybe I am doing something very stupid, but I don't see what.

B.t.w. I am using all downloaded textures from http://mirror.orbiter-radio.co.uk/orbiter/assets/orbiter_texturepacks.html, all low res textures and the complete high-resolution packs (not from the "map picker").
Until the latest beta download everything was working well.

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
B.t.w. I am using all downloaded textures from http://mirror.orbiter-radio.co.uk/orbiter/assets/orbiter_texturepacks.html, all low res textures and the complete high-resolution packs (not from the "map picker").
Until the latest beta download everything was working well.

I can confirm the problem there. Although, I took my textures from the map picker. First I though it could be due to missing lvl 10 ??? The map picker contains levels [11-13]. Is the base package (the archive) for level [1-9] or [1-10] ? I copied the lvl-10 manually there but still not working in D3D9. But it is working in the inline engine so obviously it is a D3D9 problem.

I also tried Matrin's D3D7Client form the "RC1" thread but it gives a CTD right after activation from the modules tab. Is there anyone who can run the D3D7Client and see if it works properly ?

I already looked the D3D9 code but couldn't find anything. Running a full analysis of it can take a while.

Eduard

Reaction score
Hi Jarmo,

I might have some useful new information.
I asked myself the following question: What about the other celestial bodies?

It turns out that I can see surface textures of the following objects:
- Mercury
- Venus
- Io
- Europa
- Ganymede
- Callisto
- Saturn
- Titan
- Hyperion
- Miranda
- Ariel
- Ubriel
- Titania
- Oberon
- Neptune
- Triton
- Proteus
- Nereid

But not from the other objects:
- Earth
- Moon
- Mars
- Phobos
- Deimos
- Vesta
- Jupiter
- Mimas
- Enceladus
- Tethys
- Dione
- Rhea
- Iapetus
- Uranus (no surface or clouds, but rings & atmosphere are visible)

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
This problem is now fixed. Texture search paths were wrong/not working at all.

Glab

Reaction score
Hi at all, i'm testing rev.58 + low res. textures+ D3D9Client, but i can't load any texture of planets (Earth, Moon...) and hear no sound.

Without D3D9Client, all works well, but on my PC it runs slow, 3,00 GHz, 4gb ram, Intel HD Graphics.

Solutions?