Question Multi-Joystick

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
you're in the right place... but a tad early, i fear... :hmm:

i have the mapping features sorted out so you can have that setup working... but it's not yet implemented....

i think this project needs some more attention... i'll see what i can do the next few days :thumbup:

Robb Bates

Reaction score
Moach, I'm going on travel all next week, so I'll be completely free in the evenings. i might be able to put some time into the button emuneration routines.

Robb

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
i'd appreciate that!
happy-smiley-638.gif

the mapping slots and variables are already there... but they're not being used still :rolleyes:

i'll post the latest version (where i have the POV functions sorted out as well as they key-injection code) as soon as i get the chance :salute:

Robb Bates

Reaction score
Moach, what dev environment are you using? VC++ express? Will 2010 work or are you using 2008?

Robb

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
i got 2008 at home...

those things are extremely version-sensitve, so i didn't bother with upgrading as there aren't enough relevant changes so far that would justify the hassle :hmm:....
i'll surely version-up when the prophetic C++0x standards are implemented to a decent extent :rolleyes:

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
alright, new version here!

should compile under VC2008... probably 2010 as well, but i don't know...

note, paths are rigged for this project sitting inside the "orbitersdk/samples/FLTC" folder.. shouldn't be much trouble if you do that :thumbup:

cheers!

Attachments

• FLTC_SRC.zip
    17.7 KB · Views: 73

flying_doctor

Reaction score
Just wanted to say, great that you are working on this! I have the Saitek rudder pedals, and it will be such a joy to use them as something more than an expensive foot-rest! :) Keep up the good work!!! :hail:

Robb Bates

Reaction score
Sad to say, I didn't get a chance to look at the code. I intend to...if I can ever find a good stretch of free time without interruptions... darn near impossible with my life.

Robb

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Sad to say, I didn't get a chance to look at the code. I intend to...if I can ever find a good stretch of free time without interruptions... darn near impossible with my life.

Robb

i hear ya! i knwo how that feels :rolleyes:

flying_doctor

Reaction score
Do you have a working build for this yet? Are you still working on it, or is it on ice? I downloaded VC2008 and tried to compile, but I couldn't get it to work :) Well, I'll just be patient I guess... :) I think I will learn C++ so I will be able to help out!

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
it's not on ice... but it's not really in the cooker either... :shifty:

man, i wish i had more able time to do this kinda thing :rolleyes:

what sort of error did you get when you tried to build it? - have you downloaded the directx SDK from msdn?, you'll need it, since we're using directinput here, which is a part of directx :hmm:

flying_doctor

Reaction score
"Cannot open include file: 'DrawAPI.h': No such file or directory" for example. Must be the missing directx SDK =) I feel like a complete noob! :p Wish I had more time too; I'm studying medicine, so there isn't a lot of time to learn anything else! =)

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
"Cannot open include file: 'DrawAPI.h': No such file or directory" for example.
DrawAPI.h is a part of Orbiter SDK. You need to set at least the path to Orbiter in orbiterroot.vsprops, if this project uses Orbiter Visual Studio properties, or paths to Include and Lib subdirectories of OrbiterSDK otherwise.

flying_doctor

Reaction score
DrawAPI.h is a part of Orbiter SDK. You need to set at least the path to Orbiter in orbiterroot.vsprops, if this project uses Orbiter Visual Studio properties, or paths to Include and Lib subdirectories of OrbiterSDK otherwise.

Ah, thank you! As previously stated, I'm a beginner at this. :) Btw, I like your Foucault pendulum!

Maquis

Reaction score
So in other words it's possible to attach two controllers and set their behavior through cfg file? Cool, I've ben looking for something like that to code LM controls. Twis way I could replicate TICA and ACA controls. I wonder if it's possible to switch TICA controls from within the program (through button mapping probably) to make it work like the orginal controller that had two control modes. You can find the modes in here: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/LM10HandbookVol1.pdf - page 2.1-16 and 2.1-15.