Project G42-200 StarLiner

Johnny8611

Reaction score
Bug notice

Ramcaster Throttle isn't working in the cockpit.
As a side note, I'm thinking about building a control panel for orbiter, would it be possible to map the controls to keyboard commands, my peripheral coding skills are limited, but getting switches to mimic key presses I can manage.
I have to say, She's an absolute beauty, I love the design.
:hailprobe:

Proximus

Reaction score
Ramcaster should work just fine?

Have you checked your fuel switches have been toggled?

Also I believe the the SCRAM system has a hi and low setting.
This configures the engine to best suit altitude, mach, dynamic pressure and so on.

Also are you useing the typical hover controls for the throttle (ins and del on numeric keypad.)

Sorry for vague answers, its been a while and shes a complicated bird.

Hope this helps :cheers:

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Ramcaster Throttle isn't working in the cockpit.
As a side note, I'm thinking about building a control panel for orbiter, would it be possible to map the controls to keyboard commands, my peripheral coding skills are limited, but getting switches to mimic key presses I can manage.
I have to say, She's an absolute beauty, I love the design.
:hailprobe:

The Ramcaster is controlled using the hover engine controls on the keyboard.

Staiduk

Reaction score
Hi Moach! Just loving your Starliner more and more while learning her quirks. I do have one question:
I believe the thrust required to begin taxiing is somewhat high - 50% to begin moving and 45% to maintain taxi speed. Is it possible (if it is similar to FSX editing protocol) to reduce the ground friction coefficient a little bit?

Thanx - this is one fantastic piece of work, Moach. :)

thanksforair

Reaction score
a Big Thank From S-Korea. its really awesome mod :)/
hope to see better version soon

Last edited:

trojandronepros

Reaction score
Why does launch mfd freak out and aerobreak mfd is unresponsive to AOA changes? The launch mfd had a $ value and a negative (irrational?) value.

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Launch MFD is for rockets, unfortunately. You have to hand-fly the ship. It's actually not that hard. The toughest part is when you change the wings from normal to HPC. there's a pretty big shift in trim, and you need to add a lot of nose up trim or shift the CoG aft. Otherwise, it's a pretty stable ship.

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
The way that this ship handles the engines, the fact that it has four different engines, the main turbines, the RAMs, the rockets, and the OMS....it breaks pretty much all the MFDs.

IMFD, Burn Time Calc, these things do not detect the engines.

With that being said, I have brought this ship home using Glideslope 1 and 2 with no issues. The AoA and control dampening AP works well enough to control the ship for re-entry, that is what I would recommend using.

As for getting into orbit.....there is a post somewhere in this thread that has a config for Calculation MFD that will automatically guide the ship via pitch and zero out the roll channel for a pretty smooth ride into orbit if you are not so keen on hand flying all the way up. I tend to use that all the way up to the T3 point where I take it over by hand as I try to minimize the future OMS circularization burn as much as possible.

I00I

Not from this world
Reaction score
Incredible work in progress my friend..:cheers:
“Mystery creates wonder and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand.”

wingnut

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Stuck at engine startup

I'm stuck at the engine startup of the checklist:

* master feed pumps - all three on:
gRP05mY.jpg

* apu feed pump - on:
zOEQbHJ.jpg

* apu - start:
YyFHx0a.jpg

* engine mode - check EXT shown on EICAS:
Ts6HQEm.jpg

Why is EXT not shown on the EICAS? Did I miss something?

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Those two "EXT" blocks you circled are what you are looking for. ;)

Cleared to Start #2!

wingnut

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Cleared to Start #2!
Mh, apparently not. When I continue with the checklist the engines won't start.

Did I do everything correctly until this step in the first place? I thought the EXT boxes have to flash or be lighted...

Furet

Reaction score
Silly question, but are you sure you have fuel enough in the tanks? Otherwise your start procedure looks correct...
:shrug:

wingnut

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I'm using the scenario "G42-200 at KSC 15" which has the vehicle starting with ~80% fuel in the first tank and full tanks otherwise. I changed the first fuel tank to 100% now but the engines still do nothing.

SkaterFromHell

Reaction score
Hm, why i should use OMS? Turbine cycle engines have enough fuel to operate on low orbits. OMS engines have fewer dV than orbital reserve for main engines. And main engines much more powerful. Or OMS have larger ISP?

Last edited:

eddievhfan1984

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Typically, engines like the OMS have higher ISP, on account of them being smaller, optimized for a vacuum, etc.

Plus, if you intend to use the main engines during approach/landing, it may be helpful to not spend all the fuel in orbital maneuvers.

Todd Wasson

Reaction score
I found the problem (sort of). The first scenario at the top of the scenarios list (G42-200 at KSC 15) has the problem, but the version of this inside the G42-200 Starliner folder of the same name does not and works fine. I'm not sure if this might have something to do with me installing the first WIP, playing with that for awhile, then installing the latest WIP on top of it?

Anyway, it works now, I just have to run the different scenario. This is a really impressive mod and I'm sure enjoying it. Great work! :cheers:

TachyonDriver

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Just got around to installing this beautiful bird! WOW! However I get a CTD due to an assertion failed error, namely:

D3D9surface.cpp
line 1099
expression:false

This occurs when I try to flick the reheat switches.

Any ideas please? Any other info you may need to arrive at a solution?

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Damn the third-party, cut-rate maintenance company who last carried out the work on my G42!! They've cross-wired something within the FADEC system. She blows up when you try and move the reheat switches if the main engines aren't running. :rofl:

Back to reality the CTD occurs if you try to switch reheat on without the engines running :). Otherwise A-OK - I successfully carried out an engine start and only when I throttled up to take off did I flick the reheat switches to engage reheat - SHE WORKED! Proceeded to take off, +ve rate of climb, gear up, REHEAT OFF (the switches worked). Successfully got her into an orbit not pretty, but eccentric & stable- SWEET, but ran out of main fuel. Once in LEO, I experimented with the reheat switches again.

Didn't matter whether I selected the left or right switch with the mouse, I get the same CTD if the engines aren't running.
HEY! On the bright side - If I don't mess with those switches when they aren't needed :facepalm:, then she behaves beautifully :blush: But why can I just get a warning beep?

THANK YOU SO MUCH, MOACH for an amazing WIP addon. I can only hope real life lets you come back and tinker with the Starliner some more. :cheers: :salute:

Last edited: