Project G42-200 StarLiner

Delta glider

Spaceanaut
Reaction score
Dumb question but how do you tell how much OMS and RCS fuel you have left? I did not see it on the EICAS, but I think I', being stupid.:(

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

Found the values. :facepalm:
Moach, my last attempt at a landing went terribly, please could you create speed brakes.:)
On the wings, like the delta glider.

:hailprobe:

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
lol, speed brakes would come in handy no doubt.

There is that one addon, Parachute MFD I wanna say it is, that you can attach a drag chute to help you slow down Shuttle style. I believe there is buttons for such a system in the VC as well, so it wouldnt be too immersion breaking to use such a system.

Delta glider

Spaceanaut
Reaction score
lol, speed brakes would come in handy no doubt.

There is that one addon, Parachute MFD I wanna say it is, that you can attach a drag chute to help you slow down Shuttle style. I believe there is buttons for such a system in the VC as well, so it wouldnt be too immersion breaking to use such a system.

Firstly the shuttle does have a speed brake.:tiphat:
And how do you change the texture of the ''universal parachute'' cause the one that is used is terrible.:lol:

:hailprobe:

eddievhfan1984

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
You can use the open scram door as an aerobrake in the interim, though it's not as strong as dedicated speed brakes.

Will

Reaction score
Is this project still alive? Every few months (or years...) I remember about it and check up on it. It was looking very promising...

Also, is the link on the first post still the most up to date version? Orbit hanger says it was added 21/09/11.

Last edited:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Last I heard from Moach was that he was in the midst of a pretty big project (see post #1278 in this thread). He'd been working on his own programming language (or at least mentioned that it's something he might have to do).

This is one of his babies, if there is anything to improve upon, or work to be done, he'll get it when he's able.

In the meantime it's still a very capable bird.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
He'd been working on his own programming language (or at least mentioned that it's something he might have to do).

Every software developer goes through that phase. Don't worry, only in very few cases it is the last thing you have heard before the developer disappears with a number of books about compiler building and is never seen again, except on HTML 1.0 webpages with times roman font, that have "/~" and his initials in its URI.

Fire Wolf

Reaction score
Speaking of noise...has anyone ever looked at the OrbiterSound log after running this? It's missing some cockpit sounds :hmm:

Koloss

Weyland-Yutani Corp.
Donator
Reaction score
Guys, apparently I am too stupid to find the Ramcaster throttle.
I see it on the instrument panel but I can't manipulate it. Any ideas?

EDIT: Okay, by accident I just figured it out :-D It's like the hover engines in the DGIV or DG - Zero and comma on the NumPad. Thanks to myself! °taps shoulder°

Last edited:

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
so, just checking in here to let everyone know I'm still alive...

but at present, in such a state of "real life" and whatnot (especially whatnot) that there's not much any way I can continue on with this project in a foreseeable future....

but well - the code for all this has been on GitHub all this time, you guys knew that, right?

feel free - it should even be possible to just compile a new dll over the assets you have in the game and make a DIY-304 build, which should feature all 6 EICAS panels functioning, complete with working mode switch buttons for each of those panels (not all modes have meaningful info on them, but they do look cool)

sorry I can't put out a batteries-included release right now, as things are still rather frantic on my end (starting a new games company is TOUGH, who'd've thunk?)

I'll see if I can scrounge up the rest of the project files and post them here, so anyone who wants to adopt a starliner can do so

cheerz

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Moach! :bighug:
Someone PLEASE pick this up and run with it. This was one of my favorite rides in 2010P1. :)

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
so, just checking in here to let everyone know I'm still alive...

but at present, in such a state of "real life" and whatnot (especially whatnot) that there's not much any way I can continue on with this project in a foreseeable future....

but well - the code for all this has been on GitHub all this time, you guys knew that, right?

feel free - it should even be possible to just compile a new dll over the assets you have in the game and make a DIY-304 build, which should feature all 6 EICAS panels functioning, complete with working mode switch buttons for each of those panels (not all modes have meaningful info on them, but they do look cool)

Nice to see you up and running.

The code on GitHub seems to have no license attached to it, so it defaults to all rights reserved AFAIK. If you don't care what people do with it (which I think is the case, given your implicit permission above), could you please slap an MIT notice - or anything along that lines - on it?

That way there would be no doubt about whether or not somebody can compile it and put it up on e.g. OHM.

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
good call - completely forgot about the license... of course, my head defaults to "do what you want with it" - but certainly that's not industry standard everywhere

so now I've added the very conveniently linked MIT license as suggested - so now there's no doubt about it

:cheers:

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
of course, my head defaults to "do what you want with it" - but certainly that's not industry standard everywhere

Yeah, one would assume that things on GitHub would default to some permissive license, but unfortunately, that's not the case.

Anyway, thanks for your work! :thumbup:

---------- Post added at 16:02 ---------- Previous post was at 14:55 ----------

The DLL in the WIP-302 OHM download doesn't work in 2016, so here is a plain 2016 recompile:
G42-200.jpg

EDIT: Updated image and DLL according to latest findings.

Last edited:

JMW

Aspiring Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks guys for this present!

Animations do some interesting things, but it WORKS !! :cheers:

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Thanks guys for this present!

Animations do some interesting things, but it WORKS !! :cheers:

Yeah, I've noticed that, too. Perhaps some mesh groups are off. Are there different assets (meshes etc.) than the one in the OHM download from the first post?