Project G42-200 StarLiner

streb2001

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
@Moach, sorry to bring this up again, but do you have any idea why I might be getting the CTD I described on the previous page? Does the addon need a specific runtime? Is it incompatible with my old PC (like the D9 graphics client) maybe?

Thanks, s2k1

EndeavourCmdr

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
@Moach, sorry to bring this up again, but do you have any idea why I might be getting the CTD I described on the previous page? Does the addon need a specific runtime? Is it incompatible with my old PC (like the D9 graphics client) maybe?

Thanks, s2k1

Streb, I've been trying to troubleshoot your problem myself, because I don't think that it would be fair that ANYONE not be able to experience this baby.

Is there any more information that you can provide? Which scenario are you trying to load up, for example. Have you tried unzipping the archive and copying all the unzipped folders and files back into Orbiter, overwriting existing files just to make sure that nothing was corrupted or missing?

And just to make sure that I am correct, you said a vanilla install? Did you install OrbiterSound 3.5? I think it might be required.

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
only thing i can think of is: double-check your install... :shifty:

make sure you got everything from the zip installed in the right folder and stuff - seems like your G422 module isn't being loaded at all there :rolleyes:

if no avail - then check that you have the MSVC2008 redistibutable pack installed - dunno if it's really needed, but anyways, we're better off covering all our possibilities, right? :hmm:

you do need orbiter sound installed - that's for sure - the G42 has a full set of custom effects, and that's sure to fail if no sound module is available

:cheers:

streb2001

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I have Orbiter sound installed in the "clean" install and no other addons apart from G42. All the files are in the right places (unless G42 is different) for example this is the path of the DLL that is refusing to load:

C:\Program Files\Orbiter 2010 Clean\Modules\G422.dll

and the path of a mesh file:

C:\Program Files\Orbiter 2010 Clean\Meshes\G422\G422_dvc.msh

I do use Jones mod enabler but I have followed exactly the same procedure as I use for all other addons. I am at a loss.

ps. MSVC2008 redist is installed.

Last edited:

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
check if the scenario files aren't trying to use some MFD you might not have installed (shouldn't be the case for a CTD, tho).... just in case

and hmm... let's see, what else... is this a standard (non-beta) version of Orbiter 2010-P1?

or wait... did you say your PC is incompatible with the D9 client?? :eek:h:

well, then here be dragons... the G42 is pretty much built with the D9 client and its workings in mind...
i mean, this should still be backwards-compatible for use with "regular" orbiter - but if you can't run the graphics, then who knows what assortment of other unreasonable things could be running amuck in there? :blink:

could you share us your dxdiag output? i fear we're could be running into lower-level limitations here....

btw - what version of windows is this?

streb2001

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Yes, that is probably the answer then. Pity...

My PC can't run the D9 client because it is compiled with the SSE2 rather than the SSE instructions apparently (MMX stuff I think) and my Athlon doesn't have them, too old. There is a switch in the compiler settings for this but I couldn't compile the D9 source with VC2008, just error after error. I gave up. I had a much more modern PC donated to me recently. This could be the excuse I need to get it running and installed.

Thanks anyway,

s2k1

ps. I am running XP SP3 and my DxDiag output file is attached, for what it is worth!

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    46.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

toddhisattva

Reaction score
Hum, I see. I need a check-list... I need to build it too ? :)

I use NotesMFD and put the info from Post #1 in this thread into a text file for NotesMFD. I keep the checklist in an ExtMFD window. Can't imagine flying without the checklists up at all times!

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3269"]Notes MFD[/ame]

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
the G42 is set to compile at a pretty high level of optimization - including SSE2 (maybe SSE3) instructions, if i recall correctly

that's almost certainly the cause of your troubles, i suspect...

if you could rig up your more recent PC, perhaps that would be the best thing to do right now :rolleyes:

EndeavourCmdr

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
How is development coming along by the way Moach? I can't wait to try out some of the newer modifications =)

Frogisis

innn spaaaaace...ace...ace...!
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.frogisis.com
Are there any plans for a cockpit schematic? I had trouble finding some of the controls mentioned in the checklist. Had fun looking around the VC, though - it's got a great atmosphere.

Frogisis

innn spaaaaace...ace...ace...!
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.frogisis.com
I haven't gone through the whole checklist yet, but with a lot of the stuff around the throttle section I don't really get the correlation between the labels on them and what's being described. All the controls on the main dash I was able to eventually find, but I had to spend a while looking all over for them and clicking randomly to see which switches were "real", and it'd be nice to have a couple JPEGs with the install package that just have everything labeled. Maybe that's in the html documentation, but that won't work in any of my browsers.

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
A) The Documentation basically doesn't exist at this point, that's why it doesn't work.
B) The Checklists and tutorials are out of date, some switches/levers/buttons have been moved/removed/renamed.

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
I use NotesMFD and put the info from Post #1 in this thread into a text file for NotesMFD. I keep the checklist in an ExtMFD window. Can't imagine flying without the checklists up at all times!

Notes MFD
We talked about it somewhere in this long thread.
Moach said something like integrating Checklist MFD (there is the source avilable) into his bird.

lassombra

Reaction score
Love it so far. The ascent profile is pretty straight forward, but I love that the flight envelope is clearly pictured on the EICAS. That is a feature I've been wanting in the XR fleet for a while as I have to guess at the proper profile.

One thing I'd like to see is after switching the control to OMS that the OMS be associated with the main thruster group exclusively. Using Vessel::DelThrusterGroup(THGROUP_MAIN, false) and then create the main thruster group using OMS thrusters. This would disconnect the throttle completely from your internal code but would allow various things like IMFD's autoburn to control the OMS. When switching control back to main, the reverse process could be used.

ken1029

G422 Co-Pilot Beta
Reaction score
i love it, its cool, and i think its the most realistic spacecraft i have seen in orbiter so far. :thumbup: keep up the good job.

i would recommend a switch for [almost] everything (makes the StarLiner looks more serious) and make all the switches functional and make the eicas configurable; on the other hand, its cool as it is and this is just a recommendation.