New Release D3D9Client Development

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Not sure on what you are asking for. I'm not on the team, just curious.

I think he's referring to the fact that on an MFD if you have to increase a value by a lot you usually keep the mouse button clicked and it increases. But it's not immediate to do, there is some sort of a trick, other wise you must click once for each small increment, so if you need a big increment you need to click 1000 times.

For the record Ripley I knew how to do it but I can't remember it now, if nobody else replies to this soon, I'm goona go look in my addons to see how to do it

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
These cameras are fun to use. Could you add no near clipping to the cockpit view ?

Could you be little more specific about what you mean with cockpit view ?

If it's virtual cockpit camera you are talking about then, No. Near clipping can't be removed but can be reduced. If it's reduced too much, z-fighing will start to occur. However, the biggest issue is that often there is a pilot sitting on pilot's chair and the VC camera is inside the head/helmet. Reduction of near clip plane would make the faceplate to become visible. That's been a problem with stock DeltaGlider. It would be possible to grant a user application a possibility to specify the near clip distance in a per vessel basis via gcAPI.

---------- Post added at 01:55 ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 ----------

The next build of the client/docking camera will have crosshairs and vessel specific instances. So, switching between cockpit modes and vessels won't reset the view.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Many thanks !!! :cheers:

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 AM ----------

Could you make it so only Child attachments with a "CAM" id, work with the Child attachment views ? Leaving the docking and parent attachments as they are.

Last edited:

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
@Donamy: That could possibly be made, but DockingCamera MFD is more like a "general Docking Camera MFD".
If you like to restrict yourself to only use specific attachments I would recommend that you just restrict yourself (that's by the way the option with the least amount of coding :p )

But let me think about an configuration option for this:

a) Does it have to be specific to the MFD we use (Left, Right, etc..)?
b) The restriction(s) should also be configurable, not only "CAM". Something like this:
attachment_mask=CAM*
or
attachment_mask=CAM?
or
attachment_mask[1]=CAM?
attachment_mask[2]=foo*bar

These restriction(s) should be done in the scenario-file.

Note: Implementation might not be done immediately :p

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Could they be assigned to the preset views from the camera section ? That way they are saved to the scenario.

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Could they be assigned to the preset views from the camera section ? That way they are saved to the scenario.
Only if you want that camera to *exactly* and *only* show that attachment point.
As software can not read your mind it is impossible to guess what kind of rule we should derive from the current setting. Sorry that is plain simple: not possible at all!

As you see it starts to get complicated to even just describe the behavior. Which is usually a good indicator of a messy design ;)

If one (read: you) wants to restrict the MFD to show only one specific attachment all the buttons that select the docking-port rsp. attachment-point are useless, opening up future "why do this buttons not work?" questions.

I would still go for the "mask" solution that would only be read from a scenario, but never be automatically created and written. The "mask settings" would however be copied when saved.

Last edited:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
If they could be assigned in the Scenario, that would be great. :thumbup:

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Could you make it so only Child attachments with a "CAM" id, work with the Child attachment views ? Leaving the docking and parent attachments as they are.

So, finally I found a little time to code this. My first thoughts however were much to complicated I think ;)
I thought that the IDs were some kind of "CAM1", "CAM2", "CAMx". But I believe, that all attachments share the same ID ("CAM" in this case),right?

The attached DockingCamera now includes the possibility to only show attachments with a specific ID.
To enable it, just add the ATCH_MASK configuration to the MFD section of the scenario.
Example:
Code:
BEGIN_MFD Left
  TYPE User
  MODE Generic Camera
  ATCH_MASK CAM
END_MFD

BEGIN_MFD Right
  TYPE User
  MODE Generic Camera
  ATCH_MASK X
END_MFD
This however is also a limitation, as you can not "pre"configure MFDs of other (not focused) ships.
If someone has any good idea how this could possibly be made, please give me a hint (I'm curious).

Disclaimer: This is for Orbiter BETA + DxD9Client :thumbup:

Edit 2018-11-12: Attachment removed as to this new post

Last edited:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Any chance it will work with regular 2016 + DxD9 client ?

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Any chance it will work with regular 2016 + DxD9 client ?
Your wish is my command ;)

(ZIP includes DLLs for both BETA and 2016)

Attachments

• DockingCameraFltr.zip
    145.2 KB · Views: 11

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
@Donamy: By the way, what vessel uses the "CAM" attachments?

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
None yet. I'm working on a new Dextre that will have them.

Do you know anything about reverse kinematics ?

And Thank you !!

Last edited:

Snax

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Hello, I have a questio, I don't know if this is the right place.

I noticed we don't have the blue reflection from the planet on the ship or I'm missing a parameter I can enable ?
TM4eTuu.png

Is it planned to have it, something like here, this screenshot is from Elite Dangerous.
0c58e47d-1b94-4a4b-8c6c-8db9eec365c5.jpg

Thanks !

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Hello, I have a questio, I don't know if this is the right place.

I noticed we don't have the blue reflection from the planet on the ship or I'm missing a parameter I can enable ?

Is it planned to have it, something like here, this screenshot is from Elite Dangerous.

Thanks !
If you talking about the light glow from the planet, then I think you need to increase the "Planet glow" parameter in the D3D9Client Advanced setup window. To get a reasonable level, I have it set at 1.500.

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

Any update on fixing this bug in D3D9Client: https://www.orbiter-forum.com/project.php?issueid=1327

This issue applies to all graphics clients since the release of Orbiter 2016, inline, D3D7 external and D3D9Client. The microtextures really do make a difference as the clouds look really flat without them.

Chris74

Reaction score
Hi guys! Any way to go under 10 degrees FOV in orbiter, especially with this client? id need much more zoom, 10° if basically nothing if you want to do long range shots. thx.