New Release D3D9Client Development

Snax

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
If you talking about the light glow from the planet, then I think you need to increase the "Planet glow" parameter in the D3D9Client Advanced setup window. To get a reasonable level, I have it set at 1.500.

Exactly what I wanted, thanks DaveS !
IKXlO9a.png

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Why can't something like that be released ? That's all I need to start making some ISS building missions.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Why can't something like that be released ? That's all I need to start making some ISS building missions.
Mostly because none of it is fit for public consumption. Alot of things are broken (I guess I'm responsible for 90% of that, sorry) and need to be fixed before a release is even thought about. The crawler for example, just spins out of control as soon as the scenario has finished loading due to its physics engine not working anymore. So that needs to be taken care of.

We got 45 open tickets at the moment, although some of them can be deferred.

Snax

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Which shuttle and which Orbiter version are you using ?
That would be SSU and Orbiter 2016.
This is indeed SSU v5 with Orbiter 2016.

I managed to get your STS-88 mission work with the Unity module in the cargohold, but not properly positionned as I've read somewhere the attachment system on the cargohold is WIP.
If you want to try SSU v5 out of curiosity without having to do all the stuff with Visual Studio, I can provide you a zip folder of it.
The grapple of the RMS' end effector however works like a charm, it's very interesting tonmanipklate it
I deployed the HST and assembled Unity to Zarya.

Mostly because none of it is fit for public consumption. Alot of things are broken [...] The crawler for example, just spins out of control as soon as the scenario has finished loading [...] So that needs to be taken care of.
This explains a lot haha !

Last edited:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
This is SSU v5 with Orbiter 2016.

I managed to get your STS-88 mission work with the Unity module in the cargohold, but not properly positionned as I've read somewhere the attachment system on the cargohold is WIP.
If you want to try SSU v5 out of curiosity without having to do all the stuff with Visual Studio, I can provide you a zip folder of it.

That would be cool.

Snax

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
There you go !
1. Space Shuttle Ultra v5.zip

there are some instructions in there like set the MFD resolution to 512px and install the two fonts in order to read the MFDs

Have fun !

Last edited:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Visuals look good, but do the RMS panel switches work for you ?

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
It works with ISS A2Z. :thumbup:

Attachments

• SSU with ISS A2Z.jpg
    SSU with ISS A2Z.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 55

Snax

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Yes, SSU+A2Z is the best combo for me so far.
As for the panel, it works good, but however I've seen sometimes when I timewarp too much and too quickly, some switches don't work anymore, someone else already reported it so I'm sure in the next versions they will be solved.
For now we just need to quit the simulation and relaunch the last scenario and it's all good.

But if you mean you can click the switches but nothing happens, here's how I do it.

1. PANEL R13L
    PLBAY MECH PWR SYS 1..........................ON (image)
    PLBAY MECH PWR SYS 2..........................ON (image)
    ---
  2. PANEL A8L
    RMS SELECT...........................................PORT (image)
    ---
  3. PANEL A8U
    MASTER ALARM......................................DEPRESSED (image)
    ---
  4. PANEL A8L
    PORT RMS.............................................DEPLOY (image)
    RETENTION LATCHES..............................RELEASE (image)
    ---
  5. PANEL A8U
    SHOULDER BRACE RELEASE.....................hold on PORT for ~10secs (image)
    MODE...................................................SINGLE (so you can move each JOINT one at the time (in RCS rotation mode)
    JOINT...................................................as desired
    MODE...................................................ORB UNL (in RCS translation mide)
    PARAMETER...........................................POSITION X/Y/Z (or as desired/required)
    END EFFECTOR.......................................MODE AUTO

• Keyboard bindings
    CTRL+A for QWERTY / CTRL+Q for AZERTY.(switching between controlling the RCS or the RMS)
    NUMPAD2
    NUMPAD4
    NUMPAD6
    NUMPAD8
    Arrow Keys............................................(only on ORB UNL and in RCS translation mode)
    Ctrl+Enter............................................(End Effector grapple) wait for CLOSE & CAPTURE talkbacks, then wait 3-4 seconds later, for the RIGID talkback
    Ctrl+Backspace.....................................(End Effector release) same but backward.

And of course CTRL+Arrows to switch the cameras in the cockpit so you can go to the cameras inside the cargohold

Hope that helps :tiphat:

Last edited:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Thanks for the zip. I'm familiar with the controls, and everything is working after relaunching.

Did a fly around the Zarya/Unity config, then docked for STS-101 Atlantis. Now I have to change some attachment points, to get them to sit in the bay properly.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
We should really move this discussion, and stop hi-jacking this one. :shifty:

Marg

Reaction score
just one more post - snax - link does not work....

Thymo

I like breaking things
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
nassp.space
Orbiter crash on plugin load

Hey all,

I recently got a new PC and I'm in the process of setting up Orbiter and my dev environment for NASSP again.
I'm running into issues getting the DXD9Client (r996M) to work with rev. 84 of Orbiter Beta.

After I've extracted the client into my beta directory, I go over to the modules tab in orbiter_ng and as soon as I try to load the plugin Orbiter immediately shuts down.
This is a fresh install, the only changes to the config are the texturedir location and verbose logging.
I'm not getting a lot of useful log information. My orbiter.log only displays that it loads some plugins and the plugin log doesn't exist.

Any help is appreciated to help me find out what's wrong. :)

Here's my orbiter log just in case:
Code:
**** Orbiter.log
000000.000: Build Sep  5 2018 [v.180905]
000000.000: Timer precision: 2.46747e-07 sec
000000.000: Found 1 joystick(s)
000000.000: Module AtlantisConfig.dll .... [Build 180905, API 180811]
000000.000: Module AtmConfig.dll ......... [Build 180905, API 180811]
000000.000: Module DGConfigurator.dll .... [Build 180905, API 180811