New Release D3D9Client Development

Marg

Reaction score
Sun is really a bit worse, than it was in previous version... but I tinkered with atmospheric settings, pulled up "phase" slider and it became more ~ "shiny & bright" like before.
BTW - water waves move to the east, it was better to have them go to the west (at least it`s better in Cape Canaveral).

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Well, tile loading performance, and performance in general has become much improved. Rarely drops below 60 FPS now. Terrain looks much more stable:thumbup:.
But, tiles load much more slowly now.

Check the load frequency from an Advanced tab. With a setting like 500 it should load tiles as fast as possible without impacting rendering performance.

Also, are the advanced settings in the graphics tab now unchangeable?

Because after I do change the settings to my preferences, they fail to take effect, and after I close simulation session and open advanced tab again, the settings have reverted back to the their defaults.
No, nothing should have changed there. Can anyone else confirm that ?

Can't the Sun glare be 'yellow' instead of 'blue'? Thats not what the Sun looks like in reality.
Current atmospheric rendering model is an experimental and it's gone broken due to some other changes. I got a few ideas to improve it but there are a lot of things with a higher priority at a moment.

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
No, nothing should have changed there. Can anyone else confirm that ?
Yes, I can
My observations are, that some settings do not work anymore.
For example I can not get the environment mapping to work at all.
So any setting regarding this don't seem to work.
Also the specular related settings seem to suffer from the same issue.

I'm using r36251 (trunk) of D3D9Client with r13 (150307) Orbiter BETA

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Environment mapping is disables at a moment. Because that would require rendering the surroundings from a different angles other than used with the main camera. That would require altering surface tile loading/unloading logic and tile visibility logic.

"Specular reflections from objects" toggle option is not yet implemented. (Currently always on). "Specular rippes" may have gone broken due to new water rendering model.

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Thanks Jarmo,

I have to correct my second "issue". I meant the dissolve settings that don't seem to work..., sorry.
That 'specular ripples' have no effect is logical however.

Abloheet

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well, I can change settings of the advanced tab, by manually editing the D3D9Client.cfg!
For some reason, the settings changed from the tab were not reflecting in the cfg.
Now everything is alright!

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
There seems to be an issue with Aerobrake and the latest build of D3D9 for 2010p1.

Aerobrake is a total hog anyway, it will cut frame rates down from 480 to under 200, but with geometric instancing on it will eventually cause frame rates to go down to under 70 and cause a stutter by the time I am down and approaching my target runway. Turn off the MFD and boom, frames are back to where they should be. Turn off instancing and they remain over 120.

Frankynov

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I'm planning to buy a more elaborate cardboard to be able to discover VR via my smartphone. I discovered an app called trinus which allows to stream content from PC to phone.

I gave a try with Orbiter and it seems to work ! Picture is fluide, even in WiFi. I guess I will have even better results with a USB cable.
The app server even emulates a Track IR from the phone sensors, so everything is working, except 3D. So far, it's only a duplicated image for both eyes and I was wondering if you had any idea if D3D9 client would allow to natively render two images side by side to have a full 3D perception ?
I have also tried with Vireio app but I can't figure out how to make it work with the D3D9 client.

Thanks !

Last edited:

mtwomey

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
D3D9 Codeplex site down

Site appears to be down for the last day or two. I've been searching for a mirror for the D3D9 R15 client to no avail. Does anyone have an alternative link or perhaps it could be attached here in the forums?

Thanks!

-Matt

asbjos

tuanibrO
Addon Developer
Reaction score

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Site appears to be down for the last day or two. I've been searching for a mirror for the D3D9 R15 client to no avail. Does anyone have an alternative link or perhaps it could be attached here in the forums?

Thanks!

-Matt
I did not have the R15 release available, sorry.
<edit>But the 2 posters above have done the job</edit>
Codeplex seems to have some other problems, too. The 'issues' pages are full of 'Free Movie' Spam...
Which is kind of embarrassing that Microsoft is not able to protect their product from such "attacks".
I don't know how long the downtime will be. Let's hope, not to long.
/Kuddel

Last edited:

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Codeplex seems to have some other problems, too. The 'issues' pages are full of 'Free Movie' Spam...
Which is kind of embarrassing that Microsoft is not able to protect their product from such "attacks".
I don't know how long the downtime will be. Let's hope, not to long.

With the chinese attacks on GitHub last week, this looks suspiciously like a broadside against open source hosters. I wonder when Bitbucket will get into the fire...

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
There seems to be some problems on CodePlex, also the D3D9Client's issues page seems to be spammed. Nothing seems to be happening there so, maybe the guys are still on the holidays. I have send a message to the CodePlex staff so we need to wait now.

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The CodePlex site appears to be online now. Right now, there is no way to cleanup the Issues tab. It's possible to close the issues but there is no delete option available. Closing would leave the spam hanging around in a closed state, so, I would prefer something better. I would presume that the site staff is working on a way to remove them, so, let's leave the issues alone until a better solution is available.

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
The CodePlex site appears to be online now.
Extended Easter Holidays over at Redmond, it seems. ;)

... I would presume that the site staff is working on a way to remove them, so, let's leave the issues alone until a better solution is available.
Right. It's a pitty these issues 'hang around' there, but nothing too deadly.
Did you get any information from CodePlex or did you just tried?
The reason I'm asking is, because you/we might have to request a 'cleanup' maybe.

Nevertheless, at least the site is back online again.:cheers:

Abloheet

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Bug Report

In the latest version of D3D9client for beta, contrails still dont appear below sphere zero level. This issue is fixed in the inline client, but not so the d3d9 client

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I think I have asked this in the past but never received an answer on it:

Would it be possible to increase the display resolution of MFDs in VC mode? It seems like the MFD display resolution is much lower (256x256, I think) than in the generic "glass cockpit" mode (1024x1024, I think).