Project D3D11Client Development

dumbo2007

Crazy about real time sims
Reaction score
ok i dont see any zip, just a lot of commits.

---------

ok 1 of these from here I guess : https://bitbucket.org/asmi/ovp/downloads

tip 1cc1569f02b8 added limiting of the gamma value changing speed to prevent "strobe" artefacts at very high FPS 14 hours ago

zip
gz
bz2

RC39 376ae99f43ad D3D9Client: CTDs and shadows fixed 2011-12-10

zip
gz
bz2

I am d/l tip.

Last edited:

dumbo2007

Crazy about real time sims
Reaction score
Ah ok thanks will do:tiphat:

Works !!!!, I can see the Mercury terrain in the client & updates pretty fast too !! ++1000 for awesomeness :) :) both of you & Face :)

So when will the height data be available ?

----------------

anyway to see the fps in the client ? pressing f does not seem to show it.

Last edited:

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Works !!!!, I can see the Mercury terrain in the client & updates pretty fast too !! ++1000 for awesomeness :) :) both of you & Face :)

I'd say it is awesome because of asmi & Glider, not because of me ;) . My contribution to this project is so minor that it is negligible.

asmi

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'd say it is awesome because of asmi & Glider, not because of me ;) . My contribution to this project is so minor that it is negligible.
I disagree. First of all, it's because of you we've met up here :) Second - there is a ton of work ahead of us, so if you've got time and will - you can pitch in anytime :) And it includes not just development itself, but some scientific research like that one, digging up and putting together resorces like that one. So whatever you feel like doing - you're more than welcomed to :)

asmi

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ok, back to track - together with Glider we've fixed some bugs in terrain tiles management, also I've made some improvements in HDR lighting - hopefully ones you'll like :cheers:

Veterok

Reaction score
Is there a way to tell what tile level is loaded, It doesn't seem to be loading tiles past lvl 9.

From file
picture.php

In game
picture.php

I'm using Glider's latest build.
amsi, your build seems to be missing the fix Glider made to MFD display, and normals are inverted in the southern hemisphere.

asmi

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Is there a way to tell what tile level is loaded, It doesn't seem to be loading tiles past lvl 9.

From file
picture.php

In game
picture.php
I know it can be seen in debugger :) Other than that - I'm not aware of ways to see it... Aside from crazy things like modifying tiles of interest with something like big text "LEVEL 9" across the tile and checking if you can see it ingame :)

amsi, your build seems to be missing the fix Glider made to MFD display, and normals are inverted in the southern hemisphere.
I've got whatever is in source control, so if it's not there - it means Glider didn't put it there :)
What MFD fix are you talking about?

Veterok

Reaction score
750 fps shouldn't be related. I think you just have good hardware. I'm sure this bug is because of ClearRenderTargetView function (works differently on different systems). I'll replace it by quad rendering in the next update.

Back on page 2

asmi

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Back on page 2
Yes he mentioned it to me, yet if I remember correctly he said that it's still not implemented. Also there are more issues with 2D rendering (for example issue with XR2 panels that Cras has reported), and he agreed to take a look at them. So hopefully we'll get something soon enough :)

Veterok

Reaction score
Yes he mentioned it to me, yet if I remember correctly he said that it's still not implemented. Also there are more issues with 2D rendering (for example issue with XR2 panels that Cras has reported), and he agreed to take a look at them. So hopefully we'll get something soon enough :)

Well, the problem is gone in his build... maybe he coded it in his sleep :lol:

asmi

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well, the problem is gone in his build... maybe he coded it in his sleep :lol:
Dunnow, but I think we'll find out tomorrow morning when he'll wake up and read all of this :rolleyes:

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Would it be possible to incorporate environment mapping? It would be nice to see reflections in reflective surfaces like the radiator panels on the shuttle and not just the specular reflection from the sun light.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Great job guys, if you continue that way you're going to make me update to Win 7, and I'm not a MS enthousiast ! :p

asmi

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Would it be possible to incorporate environment mapping? It would be nice to see reflections in reflective surfaces like the radiator panels on the shuttle and not just the specular reflection from the sun light.
Oh, you aren't gonna believe what kind of plans do I have for reflections. This includes not just what you've mentioned, but water reflections (and actual water instead of just a texture like it's now) as well. But this will be a bit later.

Great job guys, if you continue that way you're going to make me update to Win 7, and I'm not a MS enthousiast ! :p
:hailprobe::stirpot:
I hate religion, especially when in comes down to technical things.

Glider

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I've attached modified shader (rename it to Planet1_FL10.fx and put into D3D11Shaders folder) that will show transitions between L7,8,9,10,11,12 levels. (they will have different brightness). Also, it will always set fullrange texcoords for tiles, so you will be able to see if L10 tile has L10 texture or it textured with L9 texture.

amsi, your build seems to be missing the fix Glider made to MFD display
:hmm: I didn't know that I made a fix for MFD display. And I'm sure that I've commited fix for planet south hemisphere normals to asmi's fork.

Attachments

• Planet1_FL10.txt
    9.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Mandella

Space Cultist
Donator
Reaction score
Just got asmi-ovp-253d75bd6abf installed, and ran one scenario.

Question: I notice that pressing F key for framerate isn't working. Am I doing it wrong, or do we just have to use the performance meter module?

Possible bug: Using the standard Delta Glider in the Brighton Beach scenario and in Virtual Cockpit view, pressing the MFD buttons only causes the dialog box to pop up and then disappear nearly instantly. It works fine in standard HUD no Cockpit view.

asmi

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Just got asmi-ovp-253d75bd6abf installed, and ran one scenario.

Question: I notice that pressing F key for framerate isn't working. Am I doing it wrong, or do we just have to use the performance meter module?
For some reason it's removed from the beta. I've posted a bug for that:
http://www.orbiter-forum.com/project.php?issueid=912

Possible bug: Using the standard Delta Glider in the Brighton Beach scenario and in Virtual Cockpit view, pressing the MFD buttons only causes the dialog box to pop up and then disappear nearly instantly. It works fine in standard HUD no Cockpit view.
Do you have AMD/ATI video card? And can you please explain in more details what exactly is going wrong, maybe some screenshots would definetly help.

Thank you for the feeback!