Vessel Commerical LEO destinations and other space stations

francisdrake

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francisdrakex.deviantart.com
This 6 long, 9 dia makes it look like an M&M :).

I think they are using a trick to provide more volume. Probably the dished ends do not have a pole in the center, but are rather a torus extending outward from the rim of the center body. I tried to approximate this with a negative taper on the dished end. Looks like this:

1708798750794.png 1708798780959.png
The red shape is a classical cylinder with dished ends.
The blue shape has this negative taper, so they biggest axial distance is on a circle, not in the center.
Both shapes have the same length and diameter, but the blue one provides more volume.

Attachments

• 1708795860100.png
    1708795860100.png
    305.1 KB · Views: 2

francisdrake

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francisdrakex.deviantart.com
0547a.jpg
The space station Hotel LEO over the red heart of Australia​

When making a model of the inflatable Sierra Space Life Habitat, I came across a concept of combining four inflatable habitats into one space station. That might be a comfortable space hotel for tourists and scientists, or a stopover for astronauts on their way out.

Attached is a first version of the Hotel LEO.

You will need the Crew Dragon 2022 for the docking scenarios, and the Falcon9 for the launch scenario.

Attachments

• HotelLEO-00.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 5

Boxx

Mars Addict
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
View attachment 37113
The space station Hotel LEO over the red heart of Australia​

When making a model of the inflatable Sierra Space Life Habitat, I came across a concept of combining four inflatable habitats into one space station. That might be a comfortable space hotel for tourists and scientists, or a stopover for astronauts on their way out.

niiiiiice ! I can see 3 docking ports in the "hotel" and 4 in the "lifehab" (that is, I guess, at the center)... On the pic I can only see 2 free docking ports, correct?

Could you start from the wheel station and make, say, 36 available peripheral docking ports (1 every 10 deg.), in addition of the 2 central ones? Then some rail / animation to bring a docked vessel from the central docking port to one available port in the periphery of the wheel station... ooops, maybe I'm repeating myself here, sorry if so (but it's an obsession to see such a wheel station with parking slots)

barrygolden

Reaction score
I think if Starship works this will be built here is a shot for some external spots might be for EVA as well

Attachments

• EVA stuff.png
    EVA stuff.png
    532.5 KB · Views: 7

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Oh I thought that was the cancelled one. MAybe I will whip up something

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So not really sure about the docking rings? On the front it looks like a rectangle hatch like the ISS modules. Docking petals? on the side at 60 degrees is a more standard dock arrangement. But the dock seems recessed.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Rough body. Length is 14.5 meters.

I am thinking windows on top and bottom and mirror the front bottom window on the other side?

It looks like the front and side have rectangle hatches. On top seems to be a smaller dock? Where the rms is going to attach something? But it seems the interior hatches are round?

It looks like in the aft are 2 solar panels and 2 radiators.

Saw this video I need to add another smaller dock.

https://voyagerspace.canto.com/v/RF...=0&column=video&id=3lr8n6h7ql2g1429ck67skop7h

Attachments

• starlabnew1.jpg
    starlabnew1.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 1
  • starlabnew2.jpg
    starlabnew2.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 1
  • starlabnew3.jpg
    starlabnew3.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 1
  • starlabnew4.jpg
    starlabnew4.jpg