Update Arrow Freighter version 2012 updated (screenshots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostrunner01

Reaction score
Ummu with flashlights! I had this idea a loooong time ago...

picture.php

Looks great Dan!

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Last edited:

to be

Reaction score
Dan, your work is incredible. Not to slight Dr. Schweiger, but the work that you have done with orbiter sound and the DG-II (and of course all of the more recent ships, utility addons, and modules) have certainly been as important to the popularity of orbiter as the quality of the sim itself. Thank you.

Interceptor

Reaction score
HI,Dan I was wondering if it's not too much trouble if you could you please make an option to use the default cargo,and,or,UCGO with the new cockpit Shuttle-A,also this feature with the DGIV cargo too,just thought I'd ask.Thanks

Last edited:

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
DEV NEWS

The new OrbiterSound 4.0 is near completion (release candidate)

Once OrbiterSound released the dev will resume on DeltaGliderIV-3, UMmu 2.5 and of course UCGO 2.5 with the new stunning Arrow Freighter.

All thoses addons are almost completed, it miss doc correction and beta test again with OrbiterSound and the latest updates.

Here are the latest dev add for thoses addons:

First UMmu 2.5 will have also local light, you can light on/off with "L" key: (Open image to see the UMmu in the dark)

DevNewsUmmu20121110143004.jpg

The UCGO ShuttleA's VC was updated also:
DevNewsUcgoShuttlea20121111032514.jpg

The VC's panel to control cargo & Ummu is now fully functional:

DevNewsUcgoShuttlea20121111032635.jpg

Of course the UCGO ShuttleA as all other addons use the new OrbiterSound 4.0 3D sound. All animations and VC's button have sounds.

And as all other it have also local light abilities, they light on progressively as the airlock open, the cargo area is lit as the front of the ship.
DevNewsUcgoShuttlea20121111033248.jpg

If I might be so irritating as to ask a small additional feature, could you include a UCGO shuttleA version with realistic ISP & thrust values (probably LOX/LH2 or NTRs)? Having a realistic type Shuttle-A is fun as a challenge-how can one get it to Orbit? Doing that with the Shuttle-D was the most entertaining part of the whole exercise :hailprobe:

Oh, and I almost forgot to ask: The little "hop" feature that the AMSO astronauts had would be cool too. (User presses a button, probably space & the UMMU "jumps")

Last edited:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
If I might be so irritating as to ask a small additional feature, could you include a UCGO shuttleA version with realistic ISP & thrust values (probably LOX/LH2 or NTRs)? Having a realistic type Shuttle-A is fun as a challenge-how can one get it to Orbit? Doing that with the Shuttle-D was the most entertaining part of the whole exercise :hailprobe:

FWIW, the source code of the original Shuttle-A is included as a sample in the OrbiterSDK. A minor edit and recompile can get you orbiting realistically.

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
FWIW, the source code of the original Shuttle-A is included as a sample in the OrbiterSDK. A minor edit and recompile can get you orbiting realistically.

Well, it will not be the UCGO ShuttleA's code which have several changes.
I may have a look for engines power & ISP to do as the Arrow Freigher: parameters in config file. (Because that feature is interesting it's true)

For Ucgo Cargo or/and stock, sorry, I've largely destroyed the stock code and model to adapt the ucgo cargoes.
Also at my knowledge they are inert cargo that allow nothing. So it's does look like a lot of work for a "downgrade".

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

Done... (I love features that open an addon while requiring only 5 minutes work ;) )

Ucgo ShuttleA config: (I lowered a bit the default power value, because it was almost a star destroyer before)

Code:
; === Configuration file for vessel class ShuttleA ===
ClassName = UCGOShuttleA
Module = UCGOShuttleA
EditorModule = UCGOShuttleA
ImageBmp = Images\UniversalCars\UcgoShuttleA.bmp

;--------------------------------------------------------------
;HERE BELOW ARE THE VALUE YOU CAN CONFIGURE TO CHANGE BEHAVIOUR
;OF THE UCGO SHUTTLEA
;--------------------------------------------------------------

MAIN_THRUST_POWER		=700e3	; Power of main thruster in newton.
HOVER_THRUST_POWER		=500e3	; Power of Hover Thruster in newton.
POD_THRUST_POWER		=200e3	; Power of Pod thruster in newton
RCS_THRUST_POWER		=4500	; Power of RCS thruster in newton.
ISP				=3e4	; ISP (Change fuel consumption)

MAX_CREW_ABOARD			=4 	; Max number of UMmu crew aboard, from 1 to 100, default 4

---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

Oh, and I almost forgot to ask: The little "hop" feature that the AMSO astronauts had would be cool too. (User presses a button, probably space & the UMMU "jumps")

That would be great (on my todo list since a long time) but yet moving on ground is a hack that doesn't work too well. ( >2001 date bug due to Orbiter
precision problem)

The hop might be a lot of work & hack for a bad looking feature (UMmu still stick suddenly as they approach ground)

Martin is working on a better ground & collision code. Time will be better spend when it will be released.
I don't know when, but yet I have made enough work this years on Orbiter so I personally hope it will not
be one month after my release (sorry ;) ).

Last edited:

Overlocker

Reaction score
I wonder if theres something to do with the TurboPacks in the ArrowFreighter, or use the stock DeltaGlider dinamic name texture (The number or name you put on the ship appears on the wings, so the Arrow can got this replacing the AF-18 sign). And if the Delta Glider and Ummu new versions will have got the code for the ''sun heat'' like the Arrow; and (I know this are too much questions, sorry) if the DeltaGliderIV-3 will have the engine temperature gauges coded.

¿We are very close to the release, haven't we?

Overlocker

Reaction score
I thinks at last you resolve the bug of Ummu in Orbiter 2010, the one that put a HUD in the middle of the screen. That bug its anoying, because all the operations in orbit, specialy at night need clean view of the space, and Ummu got its own HUD so ... (Yeah, Dansteph its a great coder, modeler,... so he would do that, actually he made the wonderfull FsPassengers and the Orbiter Sound), ups thinking myself sorry :lol:

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
DEV NEWS

Finally I added a second helmet's light... look better no ? ;)

DevNewsUmmu20121117033257.jpg

(Work in progress for UMmu 2.5, OrbiterSound 4.0 is almost finished )

It use normal map (of DX9 & DX11) so shadow are dynamic:

DevNewsUmmu20121117034327.jpg

DevNewsUmmu20121117034417.jpg

Last edited:

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
The astronaut inside even looks happy to be inside that suit. :)

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
Reworked the background for a nylon style (previously it looked like paper)

DevNewsUmmu20121118020808.jpg

This is the 2048 texture, it loose some details with the planned 1024 release but at least it doesn't look like paper anymore.

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
Looks great :thumbup:
I'm wondering how well the turbo-pack merges with the mmu pack, I like aesthetics so that's why I'm asking

In the image above it have a turbo pack ;)

It look great like it was made for it. Of course the turbo pack is partly inside the stock pack but it doesn't look choking at all.

Whatever I do there is something unrealistic, this solution have the immense advantage of looking good with 0% rework.

DevNewsUmmu20121118045923.jpg

Frogisis

innn spaaaaace...ace...ace...!
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.frogisis.com
Will all the "classic" suits of this type have a US flag on them? I understand the appeal of specificity but personally I prefer my presence in Orbiter to be completely anonymous.
(Plus there are a lot of us who don't live here in the States)

Status
Not open for further replies.