Apollo 20 hoax?

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Volcanic base has the advantage you can disguise rocket launch as a volcanic eruption

Let's see the headlines... "amazingly accuratly timed vilent volcanic eruption manages to shoot debris into lunar orbit! depite the huge force needed to ccoplete the feat, no quakes were registered anywhere in the vicinity!"

I smell a new creationist theory for craters on the moon coming up...

All noises were exactly the ones I hear in Orbiter every day,

Dan used widely available audio files from original space missions in OrbiterSound, probably the video is a remix from much the same files.

Last edited:

eveningsky339

Resident Orbiter Slave
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Looks like somebody has way too much free time and way too little understanding about the complexities of landing on the Moon.

Also, that link to a forum regarding this subject (back on page 1) looks like someone took an old piece of dog poo, carved some alien symbols on it, and then took pictures in a dimly-lit sandbox.

I ain't buyin' what they be sellin'.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone seen the movie Moontrap.
It involves aliens on the Moon, Apollo launch to get there, orbital to surface crash of CSM, shooting an assault rifle in vacuum at a monster (thru a pressure tent and just outside), all with plausible physics.
Um...AWESOME??

I'm going to be watching that later. :)

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Apollo 20 is impossible due to the fact that you can't build, assemble, train a crew for, and launch a Saturn V in secret. It just isn't possible.

Also, a Russian collaboration... why the hell again would the US disclose the presence of an alien artifact to the USSR, let alone welcome them along?

There is also "evidence" of the human aliens aboard the ship.

FAIL

I can't express my annoyance enough, with the concept that on an entirely different planet, with an entirely different planetary history, and entirely different clades, kingdoms of life, an organism exactly identical- for all intents and purposes- to humans, can evolve.

There is no scientific law that says a human cannot evolve- we are the living proof. But the chances of it happening twice, in the visible universe, are infinitesimal. It is for all intents and purposes impossible; for that matter, you may well propose that elsewhere in the Universe exists a near-identical copy of Earth; after all, we evolved on Earth.

From this sole aspect, we can deduce that this is utter, utter, utter nonsense. We can forget about the Apollo 15 light-trick photo, or the implausibility of staging the mission, or the quality of the materials this guy has produced.

If he had presented evidence of an alien, that was plausible as a biological, evolutionary product of another world- something you would not expect in cheap sci-fi, then it would make more sense. A smidgeon more, but more nontheless.

And of course, this alien would have to be dead, decayed, and turned into whatever becomes of a dead body after 1.5 billion years on the Moon. Not alive in wacko-gizmo alien stasis.

Furthermore, he makes other stupid mistakes, like saying that gold is common in the Universe, and "worthless like plastic". That is also rubbish... gold is extremely rare in the Universe, as elements go.

Tycho

Reaction score
Well it seems like this guy would like us to think that he has a Ph.D. in physics or something (he clearly doesn't, we've determined that). He really seems like some college dropout living in his parents' basement with nothing better to do than compose a hell of a hoax about something that wouldn't even be plausible in the first place.

What he has done by doing this is not convince us of his 'theory', but prove to us that he doesn't have any significant knowledge pertaining to science, history, or otherwise having to do with the Apollo program. I did, however, have a good laugh.:lol:

Kevon Daye

Smoking Crater
Reaction score
I tend to agree. The fact that some people actually believe this happened is hilarious. I do however think this would make a great basis for an addon, like I said before.

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
I stopped reading when it said "...on the moon's far (dark) side."

bujin

Reaction score
I stopped reading when it said "...on the moon's far (dark) side."

Maybe it's a deep, profound, philosophical thing along the lines of the tree falling in the forest thing.

If there are no eyes there to see the reflected light, can it really be said to be "light"? ;)

rseferino

Orbiter amateur filmmaker
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
The story gets more stupid as retiredafb moonwalker1966delta and provide more data, such as the polar launch of a Saturn V from Vandenberg, the landing near the Lunokhod 2 on the far side, or the justification that "the pictures are dark because on the far side there is less sunlight".

Read this:

http://www.angelismarriti.it/ANGELISMARRITI-ENG/REPORTS_ARTICLES/Apollo19CDR-interview.htm

Contains a paragraph to say:

I know that someone used a software to simulate an apollo launch from Vandenberg and the result has been that the first stage and the second stage would have crashed in Arizona and South Georgia.
Another moonwalker1966delta reference to Orbiter?

And it is right because I tested with a launch azimuth of 90 degrees.

Last edited:

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
an intrigant case on which so far there is an embarrassing silence in the mass media world

I guess that's the wacky way of saying "this stuff is too silly even for the mass media to publish!!"

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Hey stupid, polar orbit is not named after Poland! :rofl:

(Also, are you sure a 90° launch azimuth from Vandenberg passes over south Georgia? I am almost sure it passes over the Gulf of Mexico already)

Last edited:

Belisarius

Obsessed with reality. Why?
Addon Developer
Reaction score
TFH is a great guy and a really talented filmmaker, but he believes in some pretty wacky stuff too. He's a 9-11 "Truther" and he wanted to make a 9/11 video showing CIA control of the aeroplanes but both the believers and the sceptics convinced him it would be a bad idea for a vid.
No disrespect, mind you, as I said he's a good guy and a YouTube friend.

I think the Apollo Hoax stuff is always a giggle. When I hear someone spout it, I immediately try to sell him - it's always a guy - a piece of the original film equipment used by Kubrik to make the moon hoax films. Never give a sucker an even break.