Apollo 20 hoax?

Ghostrider

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Just seen the new trailer, and they have a Soviet LK in it somewhere...
vlcsnap00039f.jpg

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Infectious... moon... spiders? Huh?

Ok, maybe it's better than it looks out to be but... unconfirmed intelligence of a three thousand ton, 110 meter tall vehicle that puts out as much energy as 27 tons of TNT every second while operating? Unconfirmed intelligence!?

I hate you, hollywood. You perpetuate nonsense. :dry:

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com

It doesn't look terrible.. the props are accurate. I might actually see this one.

Unless they launched from the middle of the ocean though I doubt that no one would have seen a Saturn V launch.

Star Voyager

Space Shuttle Refugee
Reaction score
Anyone catch the patch? It looked like a cross between Apollo 15 and ASTP.

Ark

Reaction score
The trailer actually has me interested, much more than I'd be for yet another Transformers or comic book movie. When was the last time someone tried to make a low-budget space horror/thriller? Moon?

Star Voyager

Space Shuttle Refugee
Reaction score
I thought this was more Apollo 13 + Alien filmed like Paranormal Activity.

Ark

Reaction score
I thought this was more Apollo 13 + Alien filmed like Paranormal Activity.

Pretty much. Still interesting, space movies in general happen rarely enough that I feel the need to take notice.

bujin

Reaction score
The film looks watchable, as long as we can suspend disbelief for an hour or two.

Yes, Hollywood does put out a lot of nonsense, and the "science" may be excruciating to watch for space geeks like us, but hey, at least no space film will ever again be as bad as Armageddon.

I hope.

Keatah

Reaction score
I never take anything too seriously. I enjoy my movies, I enjoyed Armageddon as much as I enjoyed Apollo 13. Both very entertaining. If you really get into a movie, you automatically overlook the completely fake parts like in Aramageddon with the spinning Mir station, or noisy high-gravity comet. I enjoyed 2001 Space Odyssey as much as watching Moon Machines documentary. You just let yourself get absorbed into it and swept away by the story.. That's what movies are all about! And just don't take everything 100% face value. Adapt yourself!

If you demand 100% accuracy, then just watch the Apollo video camera clips on one screen and read some official engineering .PDF's on the other, simultaneously. And you get the freedom to choose the mood by switching between the clips. AND you can answer any questions by paging through those documents! You're never left hanging, wondering why something is, or why this and that happened.

Last edited:

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Problem is, though, that video clips and official engineering .pdfs don't make for a very good story.

And too many people think that you can't have a good story if it's accurate... that is just indicative of brain-drain.

2001 was pretty plausible, especially considering the era during which it was made... it had a lot of art-y elements but was still miles better than Armageddon, for example.

Keatah

Reaction score
You make your own story as you read through the material. Not everything needs a story anyways. The story is "how things happened", that's the enjoyment.

tori

Reaction score
Problem is we're still on the doorstep so to speak, we haven't done much in space in the 50ish years we've been flying. There aren't that many new "how things happened" stories left for us to read up on.

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Every story of a lost satellite is a drama, every launch is a thriller. Of course, I may be a bit biased, but the industry could provide material for 30 to 50 scenarios, realistic to the last iota (barring de-classification problems)... It is just that Hollywood is uh uh brought up on monies from scientologists or ideology freaks (for instance, at a guess (haven't done the imdb counting!), there were more movies with evil Russians in the 1990s and 2000s than before the Cold War ended).

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
You make your own story as you read through the material. Not everything needs a story anyways. The story is "how things happened", that's the enjoyment.

I'm not denying that it has an enjoyment value... just that it doesn't have a specific enjoyment value.

Coincidentally it also has an enjoyment value a lot of other things do not have.