Apollo 20 hoax?

ryan

That guy
Reaction score
I don't understand why they would pick Leonov anyway at that time he was considerably cold.
It'll also be pretty hard to disguise the construction and launch of a Saturn V.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I agree. A Saturn V launch isn't something you can exactly do secretly, nor is it something you can build on the quiet - but I don't think the article is in any doubt that this is a hoax.

It reminds me of the plight of our poor Nigerian astronaut up on that secret Soviet space station. I wonder if he's still in good humour?

ryan

That guy
Reaction score
It reminds me of the plight of our poor Nigerian astronaut up on that secret Soviet space station. I wonder if he's still in good humour?

Space stations are not easy to hide either.

I'm thinking that yes there are secrets that the Russians and Americans have up their, but the people put out ideas that are no were near the actual secret.

Kevon Daye

Smoking Crater
Reaction score
I've seen the video on youtube supposedly taken of the ship from the CSM window in lunar orbit. A few things gave it away as fake:

If the video was taken from orbit, that would mean this thing is tens of miles long. The actual Apollo 15 photo that this hoax is based off of was taken from lunar orbit, and it doesn't look very big.

When the ship first comes into view it's at a bow(?) on angle relative to the camera. At the end it's at a stern on angle, and the camera appears to circle the ship, as if doing a flyaround (not to mention they seem to make several passes). Forgive me if my knowledge of orbital mechanics is flawed but last time I checked you cant just "turn around" in orbit like that.

jinglesassy

Reaction score
And didn't the Saturn 5 make so much noise you could still faintly hear it 300 miles away with good hearing? Good luck hiding a Saturn v launch where it could get to the moon. I just checked and there wasn't a launch window even for another 8 days after launch and the previous one was 10 days before.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I agree. A Saturn V launch isn't something you can exactly do secretly

awww, just a little secret underground volcanic base and you're all set! :p

Sky Captain

Reaction score
Too bad there is no derelict alien spaceships on the Moon, at least then there would be no shortage of money for space exploreration.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Personally I'd love to get an Apollo 20 believer in the same room as a moon landing didn't happen hoaxer, lock them in for 48 hours and then sell tickets.

There was only two places on Earth that Apollo could launch from, Pad 39-A and B at KSC so as others have mentioned - not easy to hide and why would you use an unknown with no space experience as CDR? Someone with previous experience and military would have been better placed to be on the mission.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I wonder if anyone seen the movie Moontrap.
It involves aliens on the Moon, Apollo launch to get there, orbital to surface crash of CSM, shooting an assault rifle in vacuum at a monster (thru a pressure tent and just outside), all with plausible physics.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
I see it in its infancy in 2007. Please listen to this video and give their opinion of the audio:

that audio is from Dan Stephs Orbiter Sound. 0:31 is quite clearly one of the standard random noises..........!

Rtyh-12

Reaction score
WTH at that video?? All noises were exactly the ones I hear in Orbiter every day, either Dansteph took them from there or the maker of that video took them from Dansteph. If it's the latter then I think they have violated the copyright law.

Which Orbinaut made that video?:rolleyes: