Add-ons working in Orbiter 2010 & 2010-P1

Kendo

Reaction score
I would imagine 99% of Bases work, assuming all co-ords the same in 2010. Maybe the odd ususual one may cause problems.

orb

O-F Administrator,
News Reporter
Reaction score
I would imagine 99% of Bases work, assuming all co-ords the same in 2010. Maybe the odd ususual one may cause problems.
New default Earth textures (that include levels 11+14) and Moon textures (L11), are more accurate than those from previous version, so some bases may be misplaced, when you are using default (Hi-res) textures.

timex21

Reaction score
Just wanted to say thank you to all the developers updating their add-ons to work with 2010. Your hard work is much appreciated.

As far as the outer planets add-on and the patch - all work just fine with the exception of two moons that produce _debug.txt files. Epimetheus and Janus both give error logs but still load up and run. I'm assuming their orbital accuracy may be off, but I have no way to confirm that. Aside from that the addon works flawlessly, adding over 100 new moons to the outer planets!

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3980"]Outer Planets Base 060929[/ame]

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3996"]Outer Planets Patch[/ame]

Plus the high-res outer planet textures...
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3981"]Outer Planets hires 1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3982"]Outer Planets hires 2[/ame]

Enjoy and my hat is off to VF2_Rolf, Chode, Tony, Hot Dog + many others for their dedicated work!

Cheers,
Timex

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
Is there a newer one out? The one I have is several years old, but still the newest from Vinka's page.

Search for it one the forum, you'll should find it (have no time now ;))

Intermod_2 by Artlav works perfectly with Orbiter 2010. :)

thanks

Just wanted to say thank you to all the developers updating their add-ons to work with 2010. Your hard work is much appreciated.

As far as the outer planets add-on and the patch - all work just fine with the exception of two moons that produce _debug.txt files. Epimetheus and Janus both give error logs but still load up and run. I'm assuming their orbital accuracy may be off, but I have no way to confirm that. Aside from that the addon works flawlessly, adding over 100 new moons to the outer planets!

Outer Planets Base 060929

Outer Planets Patch

Plus the high-res outer planet textures...
Outer Planets hires 1

Outer Planets hires 2

Enjoy and my hat is off to VF2_Rolf, Chode, Tony, Hot Dog + many others for their dedicated work!

Cheers,
Timex

thanks

Hmuda

Reaction score
Aynone remember that addon that made sure certain things would always show up in scenarios regardless if it was included in the file or not? I'm trying to hunt it down to see if it works, but the name eludes me (tried custom scenarios, but no result).

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Thanks to BrianJ's stage.dll fix, glider's SpaceX launchers appear to be working well. Fairing sep and staging seem to be flawless.

However, kev33's LC40_40 addon appears to have some issues. Seems it blanks out the majority of the textures around the cape with white squares (I seem to remember seeing black squares in 2006P1 come to think of it). See attached.

Attachments

• SpaceX_LC40_41.jpg
    SpaceX_LC40_41.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 27

James.Denholm

Addon ponderer
Reaction score
Aynone remember that addon that made sure certain things would always show up in scenarios regardless if it was included in the file or not? I'm trying to hunt it down to see if it works, but the name eludes me (tried custom scenarios, but no result).

It maaaay have been called "Default Scenario", but I can't quite remember.

Hmuda

Reaction score
Yep, that was the one, thanks. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. Activated the module but none of the added objects appear. I'll compare the formats used in the new scn files, maybe it's easily fixable.

On the other hand, the Lunar Base Aurora seem to be ok. The base is there and the landing beacon frequencies work.

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
Yep, that was the one, thanks. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. Activated the module but none of the added objects appear. I'll compare the formats used in the new scn files, maybe it's easily fixable.

On the other hand, the Lunar Base Aurora seem to be ok. The base is there and the landing beacon frequencies work.

thank you :thumbup:

SilvaHeed

Reaction score
Upon further testing of the "World of 2001", I've found that the bases all work and function properly. It seems that only the spacecraft and space stations need updating. The spacecraft and stations are all invisible and unflyable.

Yeah, I've found the same.

It's a pity because WO2001 was one of my favourite addons. Guess it's back to Orbiter 2006 if I need a 2001 fix. :(

krashkart

Heliosynchronous Debris Field
Reaction score
Kulch's Mir-2

Kulch's [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4351"]Mir-2 addon[/ame], all modules, works in Orbiter 2010. :thumbup:

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Seems like this are all add-ons that are based on VESSEL, and not on VESSEL2 or later.

simcosmos

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
simcosmos.planetaclix.pt
However, kev33's LC40_40 addon appears to have some issues. Seems it blanks out the majority of the textures around the cape with white squares (I seem to remember seeing black squares in 2006P1 come to think of it). See attached.

The issue with blank squares on surface bases of pre-Orbiter2010 addons running on Orbiter2010 is caused by outdated entries on the SURFTILELIST of the configuration files of the base(s) in question.

Example: addon launches from KSC on Orbiter2006P1 and has a whole custom KSC configuration file: in order to make it compatible with Orbiter2010 there is the need to copy + paste the Surface Tile List from the default Orbiter2010 KSC configuration (changes in coordinates of surface or other elements - either on the base configuration file or on the scenario, depending of element nature - would need to be properly updated too, etc)

António

Last edited:

Mandella

Space Cultist
Donator
Reaction score
Sputnik's excellent Orion (the proposed nuclear craft from 1965) is also a no go. No mesh shows, no response from thruster.

jambooger

Defender of the Stupid
Donator
Reaction score
I dont understand something. International Space Station V3.1.2is on the list but many of the scenarios require Davids Shuttle Fleet which is not compatable.

Kendo

Reaction score
This is just a simple playback scenario of the Default Atlantis in 2010 landing with AutoFCS, out of the box so to speak. David413 is doing some awesome work to get this thing up to a satisfactory level, which I,m sure we are all sincerely grateful.

Attachments

• 2010 AutoFCS landing.zip
    20.5 KB · Views: 18

krashkart

Heliosynchronous Debris Field
Reaction score
TX and Total Immersion - TX

The [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=421"]TX[/ame] addon works.

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3789"]Total Immersion - TX[/ame] also works, but the MFD function buttons and fuel gauges do not display properly in VC (see screenshot below).

Attachments

• txvc.jpg
    txvc.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited: