Add-ons working in Orbiter 2010 & 2010-P1

markl316

XR2 Ravenstar Commander
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Hey, when I installed outer planets 060929 base, Orbiter was a lot more jittery, and CTD'd a lot. When I went into sol.cfg and took out the 150 or so extra moons (so the solar system was only the stock moons etc.), it was fine. Is anybody else having this issue? It just seems like a "too many moons for Orbiter 2010 to handle" issue, which is weird, because it worked wonderfully in orbiter 2006. Maybe it's a memory issue? I've got all the level 11 stuff in. If anybody could help that'd be great.

Intel Duo Core @ 2.15 GHz, 4 GB DDR2 RAM, GTX 260M.

Last edited:

Milenko44

Reaction score
recently downloaded nassp but no historical missions, can someone point me in the right direction?

thanks

Yoda

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Happy to report that "Hubble Space telescope V2 servicable" works in Orbiter 2010 !

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2982"]Hubble Space Telescope v2.0 (servicable)[/ame]

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Thornton's "Soyuz-FG" Als works.

jambooger

Defender of the Stupid
Donator
Reaction score
Happy to report that "Hubble Space telescope V2 servicable" works in Orbiter 2010 !

I have tried several times and it will install but I cannot see Hubble. Please tell me how to make it work as I do enjoy this addon. Thanks.

krashkart

Heliosynchronous Debris Field
Reaction score
Hey, when I installed outer planets 060929 base, Orbiter was a lot more jittery, and CTD'd a lot. When I went into sol.cfg and took out the 150 or so extra moons (so the solar system was only the stock moons etc.), it was fine. Is anybody else having this issue? It just seems like a "too many moons for Orbiter 2010 to handle" issue, which is weird, because it worked wonderfully in orbiter 2006. Maybe it's a memory issue? I've got all the level 11 stuff in. If anybody could help that'd be great.

Intel Duo Core @ 2.15 GHz, 4 GB DDR2 RAM, GTX 260M.

You have roughly double the system resources I have (quadruple the RAM). I already have that package downloaded, so I'll install it and see if it runs on this cruddy Intel video chipset.

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net

fort

Reaction score
Seems like this are all add-ons that are based on VESSEL, and not on VESSEL2 or later.

Hello Urwumpe,

I am quite ignorant of C++ coding ( if VESSEL and VESSEL2 are C++ parameters...) or others, but is this information in relation, to the invisibility of certain components of some addons, such as World of 2001, or related to some other thing ? In the first case, is it possible to predict, approximately ( by date of release for example ? ) wich addons could be affected by this invisibility's syndrome ?

Is a generic, external, "medicine", possible, or does the problem can only be solved addon by addon ?

Edit:

I did some research on the forum a few days ago with "VESSEL" and "VESSEL2" but I did not find much information readily accessible, given my level of knowledge on the subject, If I already have in the past, "crossed" those words here and there, in some topics.

Last edited:

Yoda

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I have tried several times and it will install but I cannot see Hubble. Please tell me how to make it work as I do enjoy this addon. Thanks.

I just installed it and it and it works fine for me..........

jambooger

Defender of the Stupid
Donator
Reaction score
I just installed it and it and it works fine for me..........

I hate to keep tieing this thread up but I did another install and cannot see HST. I can go inside and see the Orbit MFD but when I go outside just earth and space. Am I the only one having this problem?

Submariner

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
The Solid Rocket Motor exhaust doesn't work in Velcro Rockets, at least not for me.

shuttle.jpg

Last edited:

simcosmos

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
simcosmos.planetaclix.pt
The Solid Rocket Motor exhaust doesn't work in Velcro Rockets, at least not for me.

I'm not a user of Velcro Rockets - what I will write next might or not apply to it – but it seems that I have noticed something that might be similar in nature, although happening on Vinka's Multistage2.dll (still needing to properly double-check)... please see:

http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?p=182556#post182556
(Orbiter 2010 + spacecraft3.dll + multistage2.dll)

The hypothesis is that this might be related with some initialization parameters which might perhaps need a little of updates on the source code of the dlls (for better Orbiter2010 compatibility) and/or that this might perhaps even be 'fixed' by (re)tweaking some parameters on configuration files (in the case of multistage2.dll, on INI parameters related with the definition of the particle streams).

But again, these are only very preliminary thoughts (requiring further tests)... It might be better to wait for the input of orbinauts more familiarized with Velcro Rockets (and, in the case of multistage2.dll, I would still need to do more careful tests to compare the exact same files running on both Orbiter2006P1 and Orbiter2010 in order to better identify some things).

António

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
I will check it, wait a sec.
Though, I thought I had that package installed...

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

nope, doesn't work with the new stage.dll

Kendo

Reaction score
If you have a LOW end pootah, you can use Seths level 10 (you also need level 8) . If you don,t want the default Canaveral tiles, you can use Florida Surface Tiles v1 by mcwgogs, obviously not so high resolution, but its a perfect match and is pretty stunning. You just need to replace the surfice tile list in your Canaveral config (see readme) Everything is perfect. Also great frame rates. Something to think about if you have a Low end computer.

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
I'm happy to report that my problems with Orbiter Racing League are completely solved when I follow this advice from Orb:

On the "Extra" tab in "Debugging options -> Orbiter shutdown options", select "Respawn Orbiter process". Some of modules designed for Orbiter 2006 and earlier need this option checked, to work fine with Orbiter 2010. I don't know if that's the case here.

Orb was actually helping someone else with their problem and the solution suggested worked for me. I don't know if it qualifies ORL for the compatible with 2010 list, but its running with no problems when I use the option stated above, 100% working.

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
Can confirm that "CEV-Orion" works just fine :), Link is - CEV-Orion

Can't confirm that.
Upon loading in the generic cockpit it displays a "misc error with UMMU" message, and there aren't any UMMUs, but otherwise works fine.
I've run the patching utility and duplicated the issue on a clean installation.