New Release Project Mercury X for Orbiter 2016

asbjos

tuanibrO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Is it possible to modify the height over ground of a launch pad?

I was trying to flatten the area around LC-5 but couldn't put the launch complex on the ground.

View attachment 26015
Cool work!
Config\Vessels\ProjectMercury\Mercury_LC5.cfg
And then play with the COG value.

You probably also correspondingly have to alter the HeightOverGround value in ProjectMercuryRedstone.cfg

Note that the Mercury_RedstoneBooster.cfg file only is for a Redstone without a capsule, i.e. after the capsule is separated. So unless you plan to abort while on the pad, you don't have to change it too.

asbjos

tuanibrO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Please check the movement of the clock. Since update 3 the second hand is behaving strangely. It moves forward till 60 seconds but then it doesn´t move on to 1 second. Instead the counter moves all the way back - that is counterclockwise - to the 3 second mark.

BUT:
This is an absolutely superb addon!!!
Also want to say that I fixed this, but never got to update the add-on on Orbithangar, so the latest version online still has this problem. But only happens for high frame rates (or with time 0.1x), which is why I hadn't discovered it before.

I will not be able to update before the end of the month.

Gargantua2024

The Desktop Orbinaut
Reaction score
Also want to say that I fixed this, but never got to update the add-on on Orbithangar, so the latest version online still has this problem.
Hello @asbjos! Do you also encounter a 404 Error while uploading anything on OHM? Try changing the beginning of the URL from http to https to complete the upload successfully when it occurs. This was suggested by Soumya-8974 to me when I first reported this problem some time ago here when I was updating Delta III.

I hope this helps ;)

asbjos

tuanibrO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hello @asbjos! Do you also encounter a 404 Error while uploading anything on OHM? Try changing the beginning of the URL from http to https to complete the upload successfully when it occurs. This was suggested by Soumya-8974 to me when I first reported this problem some time ago here when I was updating Delta III.

I hope this helps ;)
Thanks for the tip.
Although I never got that far: it was simple laziness that inhibited me from uploading. I simply forgot to do it. 😅

Nikogori

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
orbinautjp.github.io
Config\Vessels\ProjectMercury\Mercury_LC5.cfg
And then play with the COG value.

You probably also correspondingly have to alter the HeightOverGround value in ProjectMercuryRedstone.cfg

Thank you. LC-5 is now properly on the ground.

032.jpg

Attachments

• ProjectMercury_flat.zip
    3.4 KB · Views: 7

jacquesmomo

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francophone.dansteph.com
May be you can try this : (wraptosurface)

MESH
FILE folder\file
POS 358 0 -140
SCALE 1 1 1
ROT 95
SHADOW
WRAPTOSURFACE
OWNMATERIAL
END

Else, you can try this (but only for the concrete slab floor, not for the 3D objects)

MESH
FILE folder\file
POS 358 0 -140
SCALE 1 1 1
ROT 95
UNDERSHADOWS
WRAPTOSURFACE

OWNMATERIAL
END

Note that this (wraptosurface) only works with D3D9 graphic client, not without.....

[edit] sorry, I'm to late.... 😄

gagarin

Reaction score
Hello
Just to say that today I flew a complete 3 orbit mission using this sim (Friendship 7) in REAL time !
It was amazing and very very real ! I felt as if i was the Astronaut !!!!
The views of the earth from the capsule were truly amazing as well .
The entire flight lasted 4Hrs 55 Minutes 21 Seconds from lift off to spalsh down
Thank you for an amazing piece of work