Problem 2D Control Panel Displaying incorrectly.

sciwizeh

Reaction score
Hello all, I joined the forum just to ask this question, really, so here it goes.

I'm running a 64-bit Vista Home Premium, with an nVidia GeForce GT 220, I just installed new drivers today, in hopes that it would fix the problem, but it didn't.

I already tried turning off all modules, with no effect. Here's a screenshot:
OrbiterProblem.jpg

Any advice would be helpful.

martins

Orbiter Founder
Orbiter Founder
Reaction score
Website
orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk
It looks a bit like a bug in your driver's blitting implementation. It appears to ignore the source rectangle position, and always uses (0,0) instead.

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
That is odd -- I've never seen that before. Does it happen in windowed mode as well, or just full-screen? Also, is it using a T&L video mode?

How does it look in the external and virtual cockpit views? Are those views messed up as well?

EDIT:
One more question: from where did you download your video driver? Please be sure to get the latest GT 220 driver from nvidia's site here: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

sciwizeh

Reaction score
Does it happen in windowed mode as well, or just full-screen? Also, is it using a T&L video mode?

How does it look in the external and virtual cockpit views? Are those views messed up as well?

Thanks for the fast replies. Yes I it is T&L, yes it happens in window mode, everything else looks the same as it did in my (now deceased) XP system.

@Martins: how could that be, if it was a bug in the previous driver, why wouldn't installing an updated driver fix it?

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
@Martins: how could that be, if it was a bug in the previous driver, why wouldn't installing an updated driver fix it?

He only said that it looks like your current driver has this bug.

sciwizeh

Reaction score
As for the last question in your edit dbeachy1, I got them from that site, this morning.

Kelly Wright

Reaction score
I just got a new vaio with a NVIDIA video card (210M) and I have the same problem. Any word for NVIDIA on a fix ?