Question What was your highschool academics like?

Krys

Resident Female
GFX Staff
Reaction score
lets see if i can remember...bear in mind i never did the last two years of school due to moving around the world 3 times in 9 months.

so School Certificate level (age 16);
Advanced English: A
Extension 2 Maths(took this at Higher School Certificate level -normally age 18): A
Music: A - special commendation
Computing: A
Personal Development: C(too busy with my music lesson)
PE: A
Geography: A
History: A
Cooking: A - special commendation
Art: A
Christian Development: A
Textiles: A
Advanced Science: A - special commendation
Japanese: A

So yes I am a nerd/geek whatever you want to call it. Only came third in my class, but in upper 5 percentile. Oh and by the way this is all without doing any homework or coursework - or studying.

Extra curricular activities;
Debate team, netball, basketball, tennis, swimming squad, irish dancing, soccer, cheerleading, youth leader, maths tutor, science club, sailing club.

So also a jock..... Possibly why I never got teased.

At this point I'm looking over everything thinking "how on earth did I fit that all in?"

Last edited:

donatelo200

Aerospace Engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I go to Oak Hills high school and i take English I, Geometry, Chemistry, Advanced History, German and Study skills because the school thinks I'm unorganized when i have A's and B's and 1 C in english because i didn't feel like doing an internet webquest.

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
lets see if i can remember...bear in mind i never did the last two years of school due to moving around the world 3 times in 9 months.

so School Certificate level (age 16);
Advanced English: A
Extension 2 Maths(took this at Higher School Certificate level -normally age 18): A
Music: A - special commendation
Computing: A
Personal Development: C(too busy with my music lesson)
PE: A
Geography: A
History: A
Cooking: A - special commendation
Art: A
Christian Development: A
Textiles: A
Advanced Science: A - special commendation
Japanese: A

So yes I am a nerd/geek whatever you want to call it. Only came third in my class, but in upper 5 percentile. Oh and by the way this is all without doing any homework or coursework - or studying.

Extra curricular activities;
Debate team, netball, basketball, tennis, swimming squad, irish dancing, soccer, cheerleading, youth leader, maths tutor, science club, sailing club.

So also a jock..... Possibly why I never got teased.

At this point I'm looking over everything thinking "how on earth did I fit that all in?"
Only 3rd? Lol. That is really good.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
I'm currently a junior. I do very well in school but I'm veeerry lazy. Currently I have ridiculously high grades in everything except history and that's just because I never do homework. I'm taking Advanced Computer Programming (though I already scored a 5 on the CS AP test), Band, Physics Pre-AP, Calculus BC (decided to skip precal about 6 weeks into the school year), US History AP (which will kill me), Spanish 2, and AP English 3. I'm doing surprisingly well in English, though I recently moved to a new class with a harder teacher. I usually just 'get by' in history and english classes because I reaaallly don't like them. I love and excel at math and science classes and they usually move way too slow for me. My current class rank is 24 out of probably like 500. Many of my friends get annoyed that I can get Cs in a few classes and still far exceed their rank. (X I got the highest sophomore PSAT score at my school (196) and second highest in the district afaik. Soon I'll be taking the PSAT again and I really hope to qualify for the National Merit Scholorship. I only need to do a few points better this time. Thanks to PSAT classes, I now basically never miss or skip math or writing questions and have been doing better at the reading questions, so it's looking good as long as I stop answering them all and start skipping some. :p I don't know where I want to go after highschool but possible careers are computer science, (aerospace) engineering, and various math and physics related jobs. I plan to take an internship at Johnson Space Center next summer.

Last edited: