Donator
Reaction score
An example of what my username might have looked like when tagged

picture.php

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
A long time ago my friend/not-quite-girl-friend-but-sort-of and I got obsessed with emphasizing the letter "s" when we talked by drawing it out longer. Why we did this: no particular reason except it seemed humorous.

We did this for about a week or more. My other friend whom was non-participant started calling us the "Children of static" or "static kids" I thought that was pretty good and so began using it as a tagging name (yep, graffiti :shifty:). Then I found out that its usually available when i sign up for things.

And is she your girlfriend, or did the static thing die with the relationship? ;)

ETA:
Before anyone asks, my name's origin is Ukrainian Cossack. Yes, I know it's weird. After coming to the US my parents were too poor to afford vowels.

Really? For some reason I had thought you were asian from the profile picture. Well I guess Ukranian is still somewhat asian, but you get my meaning.

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
o this was probably 10+ years ago. We never *really broke up or anything because we never *really were "dating" although sometimes it seemed like it. still good friends.

Basically she moved and i started hangin out with my wife (who was obviously not my wife at the time).

every now and again I may ssssssay a sssssssentence or two with the ssssssstatic. kind of sssssssssounds like the sssssssnake on the old Disney Robin Hood cartoon.

Since then I released one darkwave techno song under the name StaticXBeat and think that the nickname is kind of fitting for HAM radio, also one or two people had taken up referring to me as simply "static" and my email signature used to be "listen to the sssstatic"

Hlynkacg

Aspiring rocket scientist
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Really? For some reason I had thought you were asian from the profile picture. Well I guess Ukranian is still somewhat asian, but you get my meaning.

While almond eyes are a fairly common trait among those of Cossack ancestry being, 6 ft 2 in, blonde, and having the ability to grow truly epic facial hair tends to distinguish one from the typical "Asian". ;)

Staiduk

Reaction score
'Staiduk' was the name of one of the earliest alien races I created when I began my foray into S-F more than 10 years ago. I have to admit they weren't particualrly unique; a race of humanoid cats have been done to death though I pride myself that the Staiduks' culture and history is far different than the Kzin or similar creations. I use the term only because I know no-one else on the Internet has taken it. If people ask; I often say that 'Staiduk' is one of the 108 Inuit (Eskimo, to non-Canadians) words for 'snow' but that's an utter lie; it's easier than trying to explain the culture of the Staidurichiel to an outsider. ;)

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
While almond eyes are a fairly common trait among those of Cossack ancestry being, 6 ft 2 in, blonde, and having the ability to grow truly epic facial hair tends to distinguish one from the typical "Asian". ;)

Damn... you don't seem to have a cute sister, so I can spare my sons this colorful mess in my face? :lol:

Staiduk

Reaction score
Dutch=born in Rotterdam, Netherlands and still fiercely Dutch despite living most of my life in Canada (also an awesome country)

pirate=reflects one of my favorite outdoor activities, sailing my boat, although I haven't boarded anyone yet so I might have to go back to pirate school, Arrrgghhh!

AAAArgh, ye salty bale o'hay!

Methinks ye be benefitin' from some advice from the Last Saskatchewan Pirate, me lad!

Now let's yon jib'sails loose, me b'ye!

:rofl:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
My name isn't Isaac. :p

I answered the question here a couple of years ago. Since then, I've taken to using improvised or nonsense names. My favourite among them is Bearwheels, my TVTropes handle.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Ahhh! If I could only reach my power bands...

I think maybe a dozen of you can get the reference without googling it.

Capt_hensley

Captain, USS Pabilli
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.h-10-k.com
Capt = Captain, Rank, United Federation of Planets
Hensley = my last name

My ship
Pabilli = Barrow as in barrowed time, the USS Pabilli is a time ship in time fleet in the 29th century
Hence my tag line "Lost time is never found again" ~ Ben Franklin

In my back story I barrowed time to aquire an extreme level of knowledge, My chracter would have the equivelant of Every PHD known to the universe, and every kind of Nobel Lauriette, known to the board. Yet he is still just a man, not a genious, but far from idiot.

In real life I barrowed lots of money, instead of time. I only hold two degrees, BS in NCM, and MS in ITM, with some extra credit in teaching sprinkled about. I'm still just a man, not a genious, but far from idiot. I like orbiter, so all is not lost...

Alfastar

да
Reaction score
Well, my nickname on the forum?

Hmmm, well, it is just a bit randomish, I was thinking and thinking about a good nickname on the forum, but after minutes of got nothing, I was thinking about Alphastar, however, me opinion says that it was not sounding ok, and after a little bit thinking again, I choice to use the nickname Alfastar.

However, some people make it even shorter... :shifty:

PeterRoss

Warranty man
Reaction score
Website
vk.com
Before anyone asks, my name's origin is Ukrainian Cossack. Yes, I know it's weird. After coming to the US my parents were too poor to afford vowels.

You mean... Глинка?!!! Here I am thinking your nickname is impossible to remember:facepalm: Maybe I just never tried to read it thoughtfully.

K_Jameson

Reaction score
K_Jameson comes from William K Jameson, the main character of a sci-fi novel that i wrote several years ago but never completed. ;)