Hlynkacg

Aspiring rocket scientist
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Mine is my name and initials.

quite simple really.

The advantage to having an unusual name i suppose is that everyone just assumes it is an avatar.

Zatnikitelman

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
In 2004 before starting High School, I had gotten interested in Stargate SG-1. I had become particularly fond of one of the weapons on the show, the Zatnikitel. I had also gotten interested in Halo, but being that my parents were anti-violent-video-games at the time, I had to settle for playing Halo Trial behind their backs :p. The default game is great, but can get old so I got interested in modding it. I looked around and on November 4, 2004, a new message board had sprung up centered around Halo Trial Modding, Zimdale.com. It was just started by the titular Zimdale on October 31, and getting in on the ground floor of something like this was interesting to me. But I needed a good nickname that was unique and not likely to have been used, or be used by someone else later. So after a few minutes of thinking, I settled on Zatnikitelman and since then, most of my online identity has been centered around the Zatnikitelman name.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Back in the days of Half-Life 1, my dad would play Team Fortress Classic under the name Fast_Eddie. The underscore was more or less necessary when setting your name in the console. I went along with the same idea when I started playing online and chose Quick_Nick for playing Valve games, and soon started using it elsewhere.
I also use nickpeq for other purposes, which is my first name and part of my last name. (this also originated when I was young and made my hotmail account)

blixel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I remember messing around in some chat-rooms back around 1997-1998. At the time, I created a username based on a character out of a book series I was reading at the time. The problem was, the book series was quite popular, so I found that it was impossible to keep the name from one chat-room to another.

Similar to Urwumpe, I didn't want a username like Name197272, so I tried to invent a new name that had absolutely no meaning so that no one would ever use my name again. I wanted it to be as short as possible, but long enough so that I wouldn't have to add random numbers/characters on the end of it when signing up for forums and what not.

While staring at my computer screen, the word pixel popped into my head. After messing with a few letter combinations ... blixel was born.

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
No, not because I'm pissed off all the time. It's the "Rising Fury punch" from a game I used to play.

6.jpg

My previous nickname worked well with Unreal Tournament, but would get blocked by the filter here and would score me a few infraction points, so I'll have to leave that to the imagination.

Last edited:

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Mine is derived from my last name. It was developed during mid 90' most of the games had 4 letter limit on highscore. I've changed "e" to "u" and now I use it for like 17 years.

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
(...)
While staring at my computer screen, the word pixel popped into my head. After messing with a few letter combinations ... blixel was born.

hmm, a programming-obsessed fellow would have guessed this had to do with "blit" operations used on pixels

"blitting", (a term coined by Xerox engineers, according to wikipedia) stems from "BLock Transfer", an operation where a rectangle of pixels is cloned onto another location on a BMP surface (check the orbiter SDK docs for "oapiBlt" - you'll see what i mean :lol:)

:cheers:

SiberianTiger

News Sifter
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
tigerofsiberia.livejournal.com
Once upon a time there was a game called UN Navy Fighters 1997, where one could fly NATO and some Russian fighters to fight against each other in an imaginary conflict around Russian invasion to Ukraine. At the time I was a big fan of flight sims. In the game I could pick some of the callsigns a ground control would call you by aloud during the gameplay, and my favourite was "Tiger" (I have always been soft about cats). I also picked a Tiger nose art.

Later on, different varieties of the word became my nickname on forums and blogs. I had to vary it a bit, because just Tiger was a very common name. Using this nick, at one forum, I found a girlfriend (whom I now happily married to for over 10 years already), and few years ago, having a permanent residence in Siberia, I boldly came here as Siberian Tiger. :)

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
My name is Pete and I'm an Orbinaut. What's left to say? :lol:

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
i thought it was cool to name myself after the character on sesame street ¬¬
grover.jpg

nah, just kidding, im another one of those guys with little imagination... its my last name, its cooler than my first, and its the one i get called by
it also has some cool derivatives (not invented by myself), ill try to get them in chronological order for you's
Grover
Grovernator
Groovedog
Groovernator
Groovedawg (not the same as the similar one above)
Groove

ah, fun times in college... shame theyve just gone away for good...

ive also had some similar ones around, TheGrover is a good one, though i had ironpilot at one point somehow...

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wishbone_boom"]Wishbone boom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

jedimaster1214

CDR-LMP-CMP
Reaction score
Mine's easy:

I'm a star wars fan, and the numbers are my birthday. Easy.

I am looking for something new and really cool sounding, but i can't find anything....

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
1214 - you are certainly younger than Ghengis-Khan.

Columbia42

Reaction score
Space shuttle Columbia, Columbia command module. 42 is pretty self explanatory. This forum is actually the first time I used this username.

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
Mine is not so simple, and points at a misspent youth.

I've all ways used types of rocks. and i used to play a game called Counterstrike 1.6, i had a reputation for sniping from any dark spot i could find. Thus the Evil from racking up points without the opposition seeing me until after, and i picked Onyx from Black onyx mineral as it is a dark milky black stone.

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
Mines simple. My name's Eli and my favorite number is 13 and well my birthdate is on the 13th. (Yes, I was born on a Friday the 13th)

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
hey guys! he didnt give a year, after all, who needs to give the filthy phishers any more information

anonymity is a virtue