Question Username origins

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
hey guys! he didnt give a year, after all, who needs to give the filthy phishers any more information

anonymity is a virtue

Age of any particular O-F user is not of my concern. That was just a spontaneous "follow on" on Wishbone's Ghengis-Khan joke.

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
but there are people out there that take this information and use it for all sorts of evil plans, like advertising... ever wonder how that junk mail finds you? ever wonder how you get that annoying flyer in the post every week? thats why

Unstung

Reaction score
An image would suffice:
B0002ACT.jpg

grid4dante

Reaction score
mine's pretty basic... grid 4 was a fictional location I wrote for a story to mean the southeast or southwest hemisphere, and dante is for the character from Dante's Inferno.

However, since seeing Tron Legacy, grid has taken on a Tronish meaning.

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Mine comes from the large number of languages that I have attempted to learn (unfortunately, only with German did I get a teacher that was willing and able to speak enough of the language in the classroom for me to actually become anything near fluent).

Pablo49

Reaction score
My nickname is Pablo. It's basically my real name, even my girlfriend calls me Pablo. First place I signed up for online had Pablo taken, so I tacked on my lucky number. Hence Pablo49. On sites where Pablo49 is taken, I normally use Monxcleyr, which was just gibberish sometime typed while finding a name for my Orbiterradio show. Thrilling.

Chub777

Reaction score
Not really a long story.

I needed a username for a forum long ago. The "Chubb Security" company came up in my head. I removed one of the "b"s and just added "777".

RichWall

Sage Brush
Addon Developer
Reaction score
After my brother gave me much grief on using 'Hot Dog" as my original Username (always liked Gordon Cooper's personality), I decided to use my own name.

Besides one syllable per word names are the ones most remember. ;)

Last edited:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I was going to be playing WoW with my friends, and it had been decided in advance that I would be playing a frost mage, so I needed a nice frosty-sounding name. "Hielo" is Spanish for "ice," and to make it sound more like a name I added the R. So, the original intended pronunciation was something like "ee-ay-lore". Turns out that pretty much no one got the joke, and people just called me "high-lore", so that's what it ended up being.

I still use it because it's a pretty much globally unique name--if you see a "hielor" anywhere, odds are it's me, and the first couple pages of search results are pretty much all me.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
<grunt> <grunt> <groan>

If I could only reach my power bands.....

OK, somebody has to know the reference.

diogom

Reaction score
Is it related to the Space Ghost? A quick google search gave me that.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
That's it... I've been calling my car the Phantom Cruiser for nearly 30 years (I'm on the Mk IX version now).

RichWall

Sage Brush
Addon Developer
Reaction score
<grunt> <grunt> <groan>

If I could only reach my power bands.....

OK, somebody has to know the reference.

Nope..Unless I go back to my 1960s memories....Space Ghost's ship?

Or is this a reference to a prior Username?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ninja-ed!!

Last edited:

TG626

Reaction score
Website
www.federalproductions.com
TG626 is a composite, TG is used with a 3 digit number for Thai Airlines flights - I once was a virtual pilot for a virtual Thai Airline. the 626 part, which I used since those days, was chosen as it is Stitch's Experiment number in the animated movie Lilo & Stitch.

Aeadar

Lurker Representitive
Donator
Reaction score
Aeadar(A-adar) was a character in a short story a friend and I were trying to develop many, many years ago. The story never went anywhere but somehow, my friend and I ended up using names from that story as...handles, if you will. I used it in several writings and a recording or two back when I did that sort of thing. Now it's my preferred online name, though I do sometimes find it already in use which strikes me as odd as it's a made-up name.

Great thread idea by the way!

Last edited:

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
Eccentrus, as you probably guess, a latin name form of eccentric (well, kind of pull it out of my **** though)

indonesianorbinaut

Reaction score
originally i want to use "mridwan03" as my username but i'm searching another Indonesian so i decided to used "indonesianorbinaut" as my username:)