Gaming The Orbiter-Forum: Minecraft Server.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Where is my house?
He probably didn't know where to find yours, given that yours is way out in the middle of nowhere rather than in the village with everyone else's...

APDAF

Reaction score
Sorry I built mine on top of your but a creeper nearly killed me.

Stevodoran

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I've taken screenshots of as many major constructions as I know about. I'm just debating what the best was to host and present them is.

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

And voila, I've uploaded the screenshots to flickr, and showed 'em into a set. I think I hid them from searches, but nvm, here they are:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/65910988@N02/sets/72157627217856597/

Wow! That looks great! I'll definitely join you some time!

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
I tried to include most of the interesting/important locations that I knew about, but I already know I forgot the various mountain top viewpoints and the underwater lair/mine/whatev. I also forgot to hide the GUI, and annoying clouds spoiled some of the higher up shots. If I get the time, and after I've properly compiled a list of important points, I will try to re-shoot these along with the ones I've missed, and any new ones that are built/discovered in the meantime. However, despite this, I am pleased with the way the shots have come out.

---------- Post added 08-03-11 at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was 08-02-11 at 11:07 PM ----------

Server is Kaput. Its refusing all attempts to connect.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Around the end of the month I should have a better internet solution.

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
Please say you're talking about the one on top of the hill, not the one made out of wood? :uhh:

jinglesassy

Reaction score
It was on a cobblestone base. I think he only blew up a small portion of the base not 100% sure as i died from the explosion.

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
Good, I abandoned that one a while ago, feel free to blow it up some more :lol:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The server appears to have decided to re-enact "The Birds":

chickens1.jpg

chickens2.jpg

chickens3.jpg

Edit: Appears to be fixed now. On a related note, anyone need any feathers? :p

---------- Post added 08-03-11 at 00:27 ---------- Previous post was 08-02-11 at 19:32 ----------

I've spent the last few hours constructing what I have deemed the "Hielor Centre for Agricultural Automation", just east (toward sunrise) of the bridge:
agriculture.jpg

Inside there is a mostly automated mushroom farm (pull a lever, wait 30 seconds, put the lever back, grab all the mushrooms that come out, then go do something else for a few hours while the mushrooms spread before doing it again) and a mostly automated sugar cane farm (push a button, grab all the sugar cane that comes out). There's an "observation room" for the sugar cane farm, but not for the mushrooms, since mushrooms do best in total darkness.

Feel free to use these resources, but please try not to be destructive about it--no mining or shoveling is necessary, just push the button or flip the lever, and please close the door when you leave to keep the mobs out. If you make use of this centre to save time and find it useful, I'd appreciate any donations left in the marked donation chest :) An easy thing to do is just drop off any excess mushrooms or sugar cane, if the device pops out more than you need. Or, if you have any excess redstone, I'd happily take it off your hands--a lot of the stuff went into this project and I'm running low :(

Enjoy!

Last edited:

jinglesassy

Reaction score
First there was the cow army.....That was defeated then the chicken armada and that was shot out of the sky but now... Now we face a new threat....One we cannot defeat without some shears....Sheep.

6004936110_2912eeac97_b.jpg

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I lost my shears in a recent industrial accident, but I've got plenty of steel, so it shouldn't be too much trouble to whip up another pair.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Can't seem to log in currently--it's giving me a few different errors, among them "Took too long to log in" and "Failed to verify username"...

Edit: This started working as of this morning. No idea what the problem was.

Last edited:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The server appears to be lagging pretty terribly, and I think I might know why...it's been overrun by hostile mobs:
rainin_mobs.jpg

mob_mob.jpg

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Haven't been able to connect to the server for the last couple of days--did the IP change again, perhaps?