GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Hello, fellow orbinauts!

I'm sure like me you're very excited to see that Orbiter is now an Open Source project, and we know that a few people have already begun to contribute to the Orbiter project in meaningful ways.

To mark this out here on the forum, similar to the user group we hand out to Addon Developers, from today you will be able to request membership of the Orbiter Contributor group, which conveys no additional privileges on the board, but makes your name gold (and will eventually have a badge, but the GFX work isn't ready on that yet).

Requests to join this group can be DMd to any active staff member, telling us your github username so we can validate that you've made some form of contribution that's been accepted into the Orbiter mainline codebase. We will review these requests case by case on their own merits, as it's not always trivial to measure the significance of contributions based on their number of source lines of C++, for instance.

Many thanks, and happy developing!

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I like "being green" ;)
being-green-small.png
But maybe once I've made enough contribution to Orbiter core I'll join the "gold team" :D

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I like "being green" ;)
View attachment 26238
But maybe once I've made enough contribution to Orbiter core I'll join the "gold team" :D
Well, you can select which of your usergroups sets the primary colour for your username, if you'd prefer to retain the green.

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Didn't know we have a choice, that's nice!
But first I have to earn those merits ?