Gaming The Kerbal Space Program - Version 1.2.x

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
My 5-year old laptop (504 MB RAM, 1.6 GHz Celeron M processor) can't even run this game. The load times are long, especially if I have more parts.

At least I have Orbiter.

NovaSilisko

The Siliskoiest of Siliskos
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'll break the news for my next KSP project here for two reasons:

1. I won't be smothered in hype like on the KSP forums
2. Orbiter fans will get the joke

ss20120113040347.png

The Bace Construction Co. Base Construction Kit!

Bace Construction Co. Copyright Baxton Serface Kerman & Bace Kerman, 2012.

Last edited:

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Looks good, I'm a big fan of ladders...

N.

Luke Skywalker

Rebel Alliance Hero
Reaction score
I'll break the news for my next KSP project here for two reasons:

1. I won't be smothered in hype like on the KSP forums
2. Orbiter fans will get the joke

ss20120113040347.png

The Bace Construction Co. Base Construction Kit!

Bace Construction Co. Copyright Baxton Serface, 2012.

:lol: :rofl:

Too bad i can't run this game, it does load but the textures on the land take nearly 30 minutes to fully load. plus i get 10 FPS .___.

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
well, the recent updates did a great job in speeding things along - specially during loading

flight simulation is also running a lot smoother (shaders were updated) :rolleyes:

NovaSilisko

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Got the first lander ingame, hooray

ss20120113194611.png

Napalm42

Drell Admiral, Citadel Fleet
Donator
Reaction score
This game looks entertaining, but it really does make me want to bash my brains out onto my desktop. I can't seem to go more that a couple kilometers before things start failing horridly, which then peeves me since I play games to relax, not to be aggravated. Then my problem-solver nature kicks in and I HAVE to try again. UGH!

:beathead:

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
even an orbitMFD (thing) would be nice, so you can burn whilst you watch your progress, and a burn calculator would make it even better

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
even an orbitMFD (thing) would be nice, so you can burn whilst you watch your progress, and a burn calculator would make it even better

Both exist already. I will link them both later as I am on a mobile.

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
press M to bring up the map screen... then once in it - click the little tab on the bottom center of the screen to get your ADI back up - this way, you can still fly the ship even while viewing your orbit :thumbup:

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
Two of the Kerbal Space Program Forum Moderators and a few other people started up a KSP web comic.

http://www.kerbalcomics.com/

zuYRF.png

To Grover, here is KSP Orbit Mechanic.

orbcalc.png

KSP orbit Mechanic provides a robust minimum-fuel transfer analysis for Hohmann, Bi-elliptic, and inclined transfer schemes. More specifically, it will compare available transfer methods and analyze which option provides the minimum-fuel solution for the transfer data provided (i.e. initial altitude, target altitude, terminal radius ratio, etc). It also provides a complete analysis for all bounded orbits (i.e. elliptical or circular).

So if you’re still wondering what that means read the following:

■ Once you’re in orbit, you’re going to need data to help you understand what kind of orbit you’ve achieved.

■ Want to go somewhere? Select your preferred transfer method (e.g. Hohmann, Bi-elliptic, Inclined Three-Impulse, etc.) and enter your known data. KSP Orbit Mechanic will give you all the data you need (and quite a bit more).

■ Want to intercept the Mun? Check out the Hohmann Transfer section and use 11400km for your outer orbit altitude; the data the follows will tell you the lead/lag angle needed to intercept the Mun, the Delta-Vs required to get out to the Mun’s circular orbit, and if a more efficient bi-elliptic transfer is available.

■ Want to see how much more massive Earth is when compared to Kerbin? How about the equatorial radius? Surface gravity? If you answered “yes” to any of these, or would like to know anything and everything there is to know about the game’s celestial bodies (and a few real ones), check out the Astronomical Objects section.

It takes a while to get use to the system but it is well worth it.

Download: Here

NovaSilisko

Addon Developer
Reaction score
I may return to the KSP forum just to express my disappointment that they used "moar boosters" in the very first comic.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
First muner orbits(5), then TKI and 19.9 gees on reentry.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
First muner orbits(5), then TKI and 19.9 gees on reentry.

Nice.
I recently played and got hooked. I made it to the Mun, orbited, and did PDI. But, uh, had no way to make a gentle landing. (no fuel, and bad structure)

Slaintemaith

Old Timer
Reaction score
"Addictive." You certainly need to keep developing this. Take it from one who used to work for MicroProse in the Sid Meier years.

Started playing around 8:00pm. It's 2:30am, and I'm really -not- sure where the time went.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Suggestion: ascending and descending nodes in map mode.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Just picked this up last night. Made it to orbit in my first post-tutorial launch, yay for experience from Orbiter :)

Loads of fun and an excellent job so far. I've picked up a couple addons to add more modules, but they seem overall lower quality/more difficult to use than the built-in stuff. I think with a bunch more modules available, a lot of possibilities would open up even without much more functionality.

Definitely looking forward to the ability to have a space "program" as suggested by some of the costs/etc. I suspect I'll be donating to the cause soonish, and I'll be trying a moon mission later today :)

Edit: I will say, I think it could definitely use some optimization. It's nearly unplayable on some machines I have access to that can run Orbiter/Minecraft without issues. But still fun :)

Last edited: