Gaming Kitbash Model Club

HarvesteR

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

We are going around the interwebs today talking about it, but OF being the place where everything started for me, I wanted to write a more personal post here.

For the past 6 years, I have been working on a new project. It started out as a simple idea for an RC airplane simulator meant for VR only. You might have seen its older iteration, called Balsa Flight Simulator. Over time the project evolved, we moved away from focusing on VR, added many, many new features, and overhauled just about everything else. (I guess there was a LOT of feature creep, again)

The result is Kitbash Model Club:

Kitbash is more than a flight sim for scale aircraft. It's a physics-based construction game/sim for RC vehicles of any kind. Cars, boats, aircraft, submarines, anything in between or beyond... And yes, there are model rockets too. :)

There is also Multiplayer. You can connect with up to 15 other players and play together, get into challenges, or have a paintball dogfight. There is a powerful Scenario Editor tool as well, which allows you to create missions and custom challenges for both SP and MP.

We are currently in late development, and we are about to do a new round of closed alpha testing very soon. If everything goes well, the plan is to get to release at some point next year. (I really can't be much more specific than that right now. I'd actually be making stuff up if I tried)

Ok, that's the shameless plug done. I'd like to invite everyone personally to join our discord channel, where me and the other devs (of which there are two now!) hang out most of the time. Here's the link: https://discord.gg/qtx6tUbDyW

Let me know what you think!

Cheers

HarvesteR

Reaction score
If it's possible to connect it to the PC and see it as a game controller, you can definitely map your tx radio in the game.

It is just about possible to make a drone type vehicle, but admittedly the existing motors and props are not optimized for it, so it might have difficulty keeping itself stable. We are planning on adding a whole set of parts specifically for rotorcraft and other powered lift designs, but that will be at a later update.

Cheers