Gaming The Kerbal Space Program - Version 1.2.x

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
And obviously, the servers have or will collapse.
Valve servers didn't collapse and started updating the game at 17:54 UTC with my full inbound speed. :p

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
I had no problem downloading it from their site.

MattBaker

Reaction score
I hereby apologize for any tears or horror I have caused with my statement, especially to Mr Molson.

Dammit, Kersinni didn't even...nevermind let's do it again in 0.21

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
AArrrgh .21 is out !!! ::heartattack::

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Aaand it does not even start on this laptop...
Apparently, 2GB of RAM is not enough.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Well, just had a quick glance at it (2 hours :)). Definitively a lot of improvements, and the ability to fill yourself the seats of the capsules is one of the bests. Nice new buildings, and interiors. The infamous island airport is now definitively less suicidal. Several welcome new parts (special award for the large quad-coupler). The complete rework of the SAS is a good thing too, and I love the fact it now consumes electricity, makes a true reason for the solar panels to exist. Overall, I can feel the basics are now laid to develop the game to a further extent (carrier mode). :thumbup:

MattBaker

Reaction score
Halfway through my first mission (recapturing the Mun, which looks...fun to land...I'm so going to kill Jeb, Bill&Bob in the first mission) the only thing I can say is:
You seem to have made a mistake and uploaded the Italian ASAS. At least it feels like my SAS modules would prefer to sleep instead of do their work.

Well, it's much more challenging now I guess. Although I'm not sure if I really like it.

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

carrier mode

Hell yeah, let's lay down the USS JFK.:p

Wait, what?

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Actually, it did start after i closed everything, allocated a pagefile, and waited patiently.
It's slow, but playable (WinXP, Core Duo 1.8Ghz, Nvidia Mobile something, 2Gb RAM), if you don't look at the terrain too much.

Built an overengineered get-Jeb-to-orbit rocket, and somehow ended up on the Mun...

MattBaker

Reaction score
Aaaaaand, I killed Jeb forever.:facepalm:

Dammit parachute failure while trying to get to the Second KSC to see what happened to it (in .20 it was visible in map view, now not).

At least he did Kerpollo 1 (Mun landing) and Kermini 1 (rendevouz & 2 orbit stationkeeping <10m) successfully and named a mun crater after himself.

Approximate coordinates since that was quite a good, flat landing spot without craters and lit on Day 1: 1°25'11''N 303°4'12''W

Cairan

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
OK, so I've purchased the game and given it a try... I'll simply condense my thoughts in this one-liner:

What Orbiter lacks Kerbal has, and vice versa.

Great project, but I'll keep on Orbiting as well as Kerbaling! ;-)

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I started to think about the Courage / Stupidity ratio. Right now it has no impact of the game, but will probably later. My way to see it (in a Kerbal way) :

Case 1 : Perfectly stupid coward (courage = 0, stupidity = 100). That one is afraid of anything, but don't understand how things works and will probably capable of pressing the buttons "just because they look cool". Also very naïve "Do that, you risk absolutely nothing, I swear" - BOOM ! -. With catastrophic issues.

Case 2 : Smart coward (courage = 0, stupidity = 0). That one is also afraid of anything, but also understands what is going on. So he will probably do nothing, but his chances of survival are better than case 1. Quite rebellious to orders "I don't want to die !!!", so little value.

Case 3 : Stupid hero (courage = 100, stupidity = 100). That little guy will throw himself eagerly in any sort of troubles. Like he has no idea of the consequence of his actions, he does stuff that looks cool to him. Life expectancy expected : VERY short.

Case 4 : Smart Hero (courage = 100, stupidity = 0). That one would probably be too smart. He is ready to throw his life away, but won't accept an order that seems stupid to him. Smart enough for self-preservation, will give his life only if HE thinks it's a noble thing.

Case 5 : Balanced Kerbal (courage = 50, stupidity =50, just like Jeb). Probably the best Kerbonaut. A moderated courage ensures basic self-preservation instinct, but still allows him to perform reasonable stuff. A moderated stupidity means that he will obey orders with a decent proficiency.

:2cents:

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
These attributes affect the emotions displayed during the flight, but there's also the parameter "BadS", which is ticked only for Jeb and select few others, which makes them overly enthusiastic of, for example, nearby explosions. :)

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
"Oh crap, I don't have the keys..." *bangs the door* "Someone, please ??" *sighs* "That's going to be a very very long night..."

H9JyEhU.jpg

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
OK, so I've purchased the game and given it a try... I'll simply condense my thoughts in this one-liner:

It somewhat justifies a middle ground between the two, like...Orbiter physics, and KSP mechanics and hilarity.

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score

You see, this is the kind of attitude we should have here. Originally, I thought anyone who played KSP was commiting treason :lol:

I was converted by iamwearingpants (Cras, stop looking at me like that :p) and have loved the game ever since. :)

It somewhat justifies a middle ground between the two, like...Orbiter physics, and KSP mechanics and hilarity.

That's about right. ^^

SE

goaowonk

mnlaflojalee
Reaction score
Sites are down and I'm going in a couple of hours (8)

Looks like I'll have to deal with vanilla KSP ;( No mechjeb for my accurate flights this holydays.