SSU in Orbiter 2010

Poscik

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I made few test with latest sources on clear 2010 version. It looks like RCS manual firing doesn't work here. Maybe you guys coded something like RCS subsystem and I have to pull some switches :shrug:. Also CRT doesn't display OPS name in top left corner of MFD. I'll try to fix those things and then I'll give you results. Other systems seems to work fine.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I made few test with latest sources on clear 2010 version. It looks like RCS manual firing doesn't work here. Maybe you guys coded something like RCS subsystem and I have to pull some switches :shrug:. Also CRT doesn't display OPS name in top left corner of MFD. I'll try to fix those things and then I'll give you results. Other systems seems to work fine.
You now have to enable the RHC/THCs by taking the appropriate FLT CNTRL PWR switches to ON.

Poscik

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, I knew that I missed something :D Thanks Dave. I forgot to ask for wing name. Despite the fact, that WING_NAME Discovery is in scenario, name doesn't appear on STBD Wing and front section.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Yeah, I knew that I missed something :D Thanks Dave. I forgot to ask for wing name. Despite the fact, that WING_NAME Discovery is in scenario, name doesn't appear on STBD Wing and front section.
To be able to use the dynamic wing painting, the parameter EnableWingPainting in the appropriate mission file must be set to TRUE.

Check Mission.cpp for all the parameters available for use in mission files.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Check Mission.cpp for all the parameters available for use in mission files.

I think this answer calls for updating the documentation...

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I think this answer calls for updating the documentation...
Yes. I'm planning to write a little document on the C/T once it is taken care of as well make a little tutorial scenario going through basic C/T operation.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Yes. I'm planning to write a little document on the C/T once it is taken care of as well make a little tutorial scenario going through basic C/T operation.

Yes, but that is just one part of it all.

I think I should also do a manual on coding for the various GPC schemes.

Poscik

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ok, so it seems that everything works fine at the moment :)

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I just noticed that SSU CTDs when jettisoning the drag chute after landing. AFAIK, this is the only problem in the current code.

Marg

Reaction score
Actually, I can`t find where to download newest SSU files. In sourceforge, I see just old files.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Actually, I can`t find where to download newest SSU files. In sourceforge, I see just old files.

You need to get the sources via Subversion, and compile them yourself. We only release binary files when the number of known bugs is smaller than the function

[math]N_{bugs}(version) = 25 \cdot e^{-version}[/math]