Launch News SpaceX Falcon 9 Return to Flight with 11 Orbcomm-2 satellites, December 21/22, 2015

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Congratulations to SpaceX, finally they landed and stayed there. :cheers:

Pablo49

Reaction score
Excuse me while I dust off this old O-F account.

Oh. My. God.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Seriously. How about wearing a shirt and tie to represent an engineering firm on live TV? Everybody wants to adopt the Silicon Valley slacker vibe.

And while you're at it, shut those people in the lobby up. Yelling and hooting like you're at a hockey game is unprofessional. And looks bad if the thing blows up.

Its about corporate identification. Or religion. Call it what you want. The times when you lifted your lazy butt up for earning some money to pay your bills are over. Now you must love your work, so you never use the work-life-balance and other benefits that your employer grants (or must grant) you.

Frilock

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Now I REALLY wish I had been out there!

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
Whatever happened to the steely-eyed missile men?

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
All sats deployed!
Well, that was different from usual.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
In case you missed it:

Last edited:

fsci123

Future Dubstar and Rocketkid
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Absolutely amazing

Pablo49

Reaction score
Seriously. How about wearing a shirt and tie to represent an engineering firm on live TV? Everybody wants to adopt the Silicon Valley slacker vibe.

And while you're at it, shut those people in the lobby up. Yelling and hooting like you're at a hockey game is unprofessional. And looks bad if the thing blows up.

This is one of the more nickpick-y things I have ever seen. They aren't at a business meeting. Possible customers are gonna be watching if the rocket blows up, not if some guy at a computer has a tie on. Like, "oh did you see those SpaceX slobs? I'd rather spend a whole bunch more and fly with some people who know how to wear a tie!" Naaahh

Also, the people yelling outside are awesome. First, because this is crazy exciting, I won't talk down people who are this excited over spaceflight. Secondly, it's great for SpaceX's image and getting other people jazzed about what they are doing. Kinda like their super layman explanation of how orbits work and how the landing works, etc.

These are all good things, imo.

Cairan

Donator
Donator
Reaction score

It's called enthusiasm. And I love it. :cheers:

Thunder Chicken

Fine Threads since 2008
Donator
Reaction score
It's called enthusiasm. And I love it. :cheers:

The enthusiasm is awesome. The enthusiasm right outside mission control, not so awesome. Some people have work to do.

And I think the hipsters need to shave and tuck in their shirts. MC should have standards:

WEB11773-2011h.jpg

Remember that down the road there will be astronauts on these rockets. Having mission control look like the monkey cage at the zoo during feeding time is not a good idea.

Last edited:

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Well that's a right-down-the-pipe landing and a good flight for satellites.
876078645.gif

Now please I expect more of the same for the next consecutive >50 flights. ;) And the hard part that follows - how to refly 1st stages reliably and cheaply and keep the system reliable in the long term. ;)

Thunder Chicken

Fine Threads since 2008
Donator
Reaction score
Well that's a right-down-the-pipe landing and a good flight for satellites.
876078645.gif

Now please I expect more of the same for the next consecutive >50 flights. ;) And the hard part that follows - how to refly 1st stages reliably and cheaply and keep the system reliable in the long term. ;)

I can't wait to see a Falcon 9 Heavy where three first stages come flying back to land!