Spacecraft3 Spacecraft 4 on Papy's Hangar

Marg

Reaction score
I also hope he will update sc4 for new BETA, as BETA is around for some time...

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I am speechless !!!!

perseus

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Fantastic return expected.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I....I.....

MIND=BLOWN

jacquesmomo

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francophone.dansteph.com
I also hope he will update sc4 for new BETA, as BETA is around for some time...

I think I know : as long as the beta is still a beta, Vinka will not make update for Spacecraft.

He will wait the release of the final version of Orbiter 2016 (or... 2017,18...).

Spacecraft (3 and 4) actually does not work with this beta of Orbiter...
So let us be patient....:crystalball2:

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
:idk: Just tried Deltaglider approach to KSC from the SC4 test scenarios. It works with the beta. It always worked for me!

It is no total miss, but essential things like e.g. payload jettison are not working correctly.

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
OK I understand that. I too miss solid UCGO+UMMU on the Beta so I understand that it's a bit unusable.

Time will sort it out.
Other solutions will emerge, we may keep using Orbiter2010, or even loose interest. :hmm:

Last edited:

AssemblyLanguage

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
It is no total miss, but essential things like e.g. payload jettison are not working correctly.

I've been working with several versions of the NASA 747 SCA and having trouble with "j" payload jettison. http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=36528

At least with this vehicle, setting the CONFIGURATION parameter in the scenario files to 1 (=in flight) instead of 2 (=Landed) will enable "j" jettison.

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

On Orbiter 2016, the jettisoned payload is instantly moved about 10m to the right of the host vehicle even with the SPEED and ROT_SPEED values set to zero.

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I've been working with several versions of the NASA 747 SCA and having trouble with "j" payload jettison. http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=36528

At least with this vehicle, setting the CONFIGURATION parameter in the scenario files to 1 (=in flight) instead of 2 (=Landed) will enable "j" jettison.

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

On Orbiter 2016, the jettisoned payload is instantly moved about 10m to the right of the host vehicle even with the SPEED and ROT_SPEED values set to zero.

You can also see that effect with in the "Russian dolls" scenario. Also the attitude of the jettisoned vessel seems to be off.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I made a cubesat launcher that I attach to the JEMRMS, and the cubsats jettison fine. Do you have the correct offset coords ?

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I made a cubesat launcher that I attach to the JEMRMS, and the cubsats jettison fine. Do you have the correct offset coords ?
Aren't you testing a new beta version of SC4? This could be one of the bugs fixed that beta version which isn't available for public download.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
hmmm... oops. I do see a Spacecraft5.dll in my modules folder. I wonder if he'll be releasing it soon.