Project Space Shuttle Vessel

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out the Mission Editor.
Not sure why is compressed where the numbers are hard to read. I am sure my pc settings?

But for STS-5 there are 2 ASE,.... I used scenario editor and attachment manager to get one in place.
ASE:SSV_ASE1 DOOR 1 1.0000 PL1_OFS 0.0000 -2.5 0.0000 PL1_DIR 0.0000 1.0000 0.0000 PL1_ROT 0.0000 0.0000 1.0000 STATUS Orbiting Earth RPOS 377031.770 -2219185.042 6137211.672 RVEL -6913.4559 3338.0463 1630.6629 AROT -121.908 -62.272 13.496 VROT -0.0040 -0.0050 0.0061 ATTACHED 0:12,Columbia AFCMODE 7 NAVFREQ 0 0 XPDR 0 END

Attachments

• ssvsts5setup.jpg
    ssvsts5setup.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 14
  • ssvsetting.jpg
    ssvsetting.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 14
  • ssvase4.jpg
    ssvase4.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 14

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Not sure why is compressed where the numbers are hard to read. I am sure my pc settings?
Wow... never seen that... what is you resolution?

But for STS-5 there are 2 ASE,.... I used scenario editor and attachment manager to get one in place.
Something like this should work:
ASEs -> Passive Payload: define PLIDs as needed (PLB photos should help in finding the actual locations), and set vessel-specific parameters (DOOR, etc)
PAMs -> Other vessels: set vessel-specific parameters and DOCK parameter to respective ASE
SBS/TELESAT -> Other vessels: set vessel-specific parameters and DOCK parameter to respective PAM

Eventually this will be as easy as adding a payload to the IUS or Centaur, but I have other things to do first. 🤷‍♂️

goForTLI

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I installed my Orbiter again and after everything was installed according to the manual this is happening.

Some help ?

Attachments

• SSV.png
    SSV.png
    317.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Orbiter.log
    4.8 KB · Views: 3

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Wow... never seen that... what is you resolution?

Something like this should work:
ASEs -> Passive Payload: define PLIDs as needed (PLB photos should help in finding the actual locations), and set vessel-specific parameters (DOOR, etc)
PAMs -> Other vessels: set vessel-specific parameters and DOCK parameter to respective ASE
SBS/TELESAT -> Other vessels: set vessel-specific parameters and DOCK parameter to respective PAM

Eventually this will be as easy as adding a payload to the IUS or Centaur, but I have other things to do first. 🤷‍♂️
Resolution of computer display? I will check

Everything else looks ok

For ASEs for STS-5 they are in bay 6 and 8
For me I use the old STS code and use attachments. So the satellite is attached to the PAM.

So it sounds like I should be able to add the ASE in the mission editor and assign it to bay 6, right

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I installed my Orbiter again and after everything was installed according to the manual this is happening.

Some help ?
All scenarios? The log shows a DG loading, but the image has Atlantis...

So it sounds like I should be able to add the ASE in the mission editor and assign it to bay 6, right
Nope, it should be a Passive Payload. Just set the PLIDs (the attachment should be the keel trunnion), and the latches and bridges will show up where they should.

goForTLI

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
All scenarios? The log shows a DG loading, but the image has Atlantis...

Nope, it should be a Passive Payload. Just set the PLIDs (the attachment should be the keel trunnion), and the latches and bridges will show up where they should.
Only SSV scenarios.
It was working normally in version 1.7, after I reinstalled my orbiter this is happening, I tried installing older versions and still the problem persists.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Only SSV scenarios.
It was working normally in version 1.7, after I reinstalled my orbiter this is happening, I tried installing older versions and still the problem persists.
I need a log of that, please.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Are you sure SSV_*.dll files exist in the "Modules" folder?

goForTLI

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Is this a new computer or Windows installation? If so, did you install the vc redistributables?
I came to the conclusion that the problem is with Windows, the orbiter's base scenarios work normally, but the addons are like this

A feather :(

but thanks for the help.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So I try at 2 resolutions and the same. But on the mission editor. I add THE SSV ase1 as a Vessel in the passive. When I clicked on edit latch the payload bay image opened. I guess then I select which bay,.... The ASE is in via attachment manager.

"Payload Bay": { "Payloads": [ { "Passive": [], "Payload": { "Vessel Class": "SSV_ASE1", "Name": "ASE", "Attachment ID": 0, "Scenario Params": [] } } ],

Attachments

• ssvdisplay1.jpg
    ssvdisplay1.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 6
  • ssvdisplay2.jpg
    ssvdisplay2.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 6
  • sts5missioneditor.jpg
    sts5missioneditor.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 6
  • sts5asessv.jpg
    sts5asessv.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 6

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I came to the conclusion that the problem is with Windows, the orbiter's base scenarios work normally, but the addons are like this

A feather :(

but thanks for the help.
That might be something to do with the extraction of the addons.... don't know what. Or maybe file access permissions to the Modules folder.

So I try at 2 resolutions and the same. But on the mission editor. I add THE SSV ase1 as a Vessel in the passive. When I clicked on edit latch the payload bay image opened. I guess then I select which bay,.... The ASE is in via attachment manager.

"Payload Bay": { "Payloads": [ { "Passive": [], "Payload": { "Vessel Class": "SSV_ASE1", "Name": "ASE", "Attachment ID": 0, "Scenario Params": [] } } ],
The window and controls seem smaller, and the text larger... I've never seen anything like that. o_O

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I adjust my graphics setting.
But here shouldn't I see the Bay 6 keel and 2 sides? I see nothing. The scn has the mission file
So the ASE should be attached to the Keel?

Attachments

• ssvdisplay4.jpg
    ssvdisplay4.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I adjust my graphics setting.
But here shouldn't I see the Bay 6 keel and 2 sides? I see nothing. The scn has the mission file
So the ASE should be attached to the Keel?
Go back to my initial post: I never said Bay Bridge Payload. Those are for things like the GAS canisters mounts, or the OARE (check STS-107) that attach directly to the PLB, where the bridges are mounted.
In this situation the ASEs are Passive Payloads.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I started a new mission. I added the ASE as a passive payload. I edited the latches and got them to show. I selected the Keel as an attachment. I got the keel and side to be seen. But how to get the ASE attached to the Keel?
When I went to add the other ASE in when I went to edit latches it was blank. Do they not carry over from previous payload.

Attachments

• ssvdisplay5.jpg
    ssvdisplay5.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 5
  • ssvdisplay7.jpg
    ssvdisplay7.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 5
  • ssvdisplay6.jpg
    ssvdisplay6.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
how to get the ASE attached to the Keel?
On the first image, set "Attach ID" to the index of the keel attachment in the ASE (you need an attachment in there, check the manual).

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks.
The attachment id for the ase is XS
ASEBASE = CreateAttachment(true, _V(0,-2.25,0), _V(0, -1, 0), _V(0, 0, 1), "XS", false);

But not sure on the mission editor what the attach id should be?

Attachments

• ssvkeel1.jpg
    ssvkeel1.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 2
  • ssvdisplay8.jpg
    ssvdisplay8.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 2

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
But not sure on the mission editor what the attach id should be?
That is the index of the attachment in the payload, which here is the ASE vessel. The 224 is the PLID where the latch will be placed.