Soyuz TMA-17 atop Soyuz-FG on December 20/21, 2009

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
Does it also mean that Russian doctors are not responsible for their long duration post-flight rehabilitation, even in case of undesired emergencies, or were some medical staff transferred to Houston?

As far as I can gather, US medical staff at JSC in Houston will be responsible for post-flight rehabilitation. I don't know whether they will be sharing test results with Russian medical staff.

Suzy

Reaction score
Website
suzymchale.com
Touchdown picture:
9adced6ab0dd.jpg

Download the large size

Are those the landing engines firing?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Bad things happened when patients ran away from care too quickly... Like with Lee Soyeon, 1st Korean astronaut.

Yi So-Yeon. Different family. Also her bad things happened before landing.

SiberianTiger

News Sifter
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
tigerofsiberia.livejournal.com
(Note: You must be logged-in to Facebook and may have to friend Bill Ingalls to view this video).

Hmm, hopefully, he may decide to release his vid more publicly. I've got one silly blog, why should I need more?

Speaking of the decision to transport non-RSA crewmembers to Houston after landing, there are rumors that the primary reason for the new procedure was an economic one.

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
Some images of the departing Soyuz.

iss024e005010.jpg

Hi-res version.

iss024e005013.jpg

Hi-res version.

iss024e005022.jpg

Hi-res version.

---------- Post added 5th Jun 2010 at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was 4th Jun 2010 at 10:38 PM ----------

The full set of landing photos have now been posted here. See the bottom of page 2 for some new images that haven't been previously posted!

Last edited:

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
A great NASA TV video showing a unique view of the landing filmed by a crewmember on a Russian ground recovery vehicle.​
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd-8B-L4rcg"]YouTube- Soyuz Landing Spotlighted with New View[/ame]

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
The Soyuz TMA-17 crew are currently in Star City for their official Russian welcome home ceremony.

attachment.php

(Image from Soichi Noguchi via Twitter.)

Last edited: