-Pete

Mustard

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.mustard-fr.com
Ok, rentry bug confirmed.
So there are too many bugs with this release. So I closed the download until a new version ... in several days, probably weeks.

It's my fault, i wasn't serious during the beta test, i didn't see this bugs. Accept my apologies. I hope that Brian will accept to resume the hard work in this project.
I'm sorry.

Last edited:

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
Not to worry. Better to get things fixed properly than to release an addon that isn't 100%.

For anyone else who may want it:
Here's my updated version of my previous texture (I also e-mailed it to Mustard). Anyone else may use it if they want it.
attachment.php

Last edited:

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score

Mustard

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.mustard-fr.com
Good news, Brian accept to restart all the work. Thx to him, it's a great guy and i thank him.
Release date of the fixed version (v1.1), probably in 1 month.

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
Well that's certainly good news.

All I will say is to make sure all the mesh work is fully completed before any animation/coding work is started. That way this problem should not arise again:p

I'm working on a few textures you may find useful. I will put together a "texture pack" and e-mail it to you in a few days;)

-Pete

DoyleChris

Reaction score
I have a Idea.

1) on the truss segments ITS4/ITS6 there are batterys that supply power to the station when in darkness. Is there a way to add the capablitey of haveing battery power with the solar arrays in the controal MFD.
1a) If so is there a way you can also add a simulated draw on the solar arrays (moving the SAJ or Beta Joints, and Modules added to the Station that use power.)
1b) Also if there is a draw when in darkness can it be set up to recharge in the daylight.

i have a idea for it is, is there a way to translate the info on the MFD (KW) to a fuel tank that is on the array (to act like batterys), but also have the capabiltity to be recharged by the Shuttle using the transfer hardware.

jgrillo2002

Conservative Pioneer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Aww. good thing I downloaded it. sorry about the bugs. hope they get fixed.

Last edited:

BrianJ

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
D'oh!
If it was just a straight scaling job, it wouldn't be so tricky, but the SAW's are already slightly longer than real-life, so its really a bit awkward. But I'll do my best....

From a very quick google, I understand the real Shuttle payload bay is 4.6m wide. The default Orbiter Atlantis mesh payload bay is 5.0m wide.

Can anyone point me to the latest SSU mesh (if that's what people will be using to launch this)?

Also, what about the parts of ISSU that will be connected to these trusses(S0, S1, P1 ??) - are they accurately scaled or are they scaled up to fit in a 5.0m payload bay?

Before I start scaling anything, I need to know what I'm scaling it to...:)

OrbinautPete: shouldn't be too difficult to fix the "BGA cap" texture.

DoyleChris: Simulating the electrical systems for the ISS is a whole other can of worms. I don't know enough about the ISS to start in on that. But any developers should find it fairly easy to adapt the MFD that is included with the add-on or hook into the "power output" from the arrays and take it from there. C++ code will be included in the add-on.

McWGogs: that looks like a pretty disastrous launch! :p For those that have downloaded this already, here's some new .dll's without the "launch plasma" effects.

Attachments

• MBR_ITS_Modules_patch.zip
    130.6 KB · Views: 18

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
I think the payload bay for the new SSU is available on their SVN on Sourceforge.
http://shuttleultra.svn.sourceforge.net/

For the ISSU S0, S1 & P1 trusses, Mustard is making them. I don't know what he's scaling to, but I would assume it would be the new SSU bay, as this is what ISSU will use. It would be nice to have the P6 fit the Z1 truss as well (also being made by Mustard)
s0_0210.jpg

967083temp4.jpg

temp111.jpg

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Can anyone point me to the latest SSU mesh
Just measured: the bottom cylindrical half of the SSU bay is the same as the default Atlantis, 5.0 m.

Since all of the orbiter meshes(default, Shuttle Fleet and SSU) have the same basic payload bay dimensions, 5.0 m as the maximum width ought to be a good compromise.

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
Dimensions of shuttle payload bay in real life:
attachment.php

Would it not be possible to make the SSU bay to these dimensions?

Last edited:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Only by making really wide sills.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Only by making really wide sills.
Wide? That's the core problem! The bay right now is too wide and too long! Measures 5.0 mX18.8 m vs real bay of 4.6 mX18.3.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
It's only a problem if we want to fix "it", and all the payloads that have been made for the shuttle bay, and I think Mustard's P3/P4 will still need scaling.

Mustard

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.mustard-fr.com
the scale of S0 and S1 is not defined, i will adapt it with the ITS3. So we need to fix the size of ITS3 (P3, S3)

For the actual meshes of P3/P4, his width is very closed to 4.2m, and the real size is 4.2 (pins except but my pins are smaller than real)
If the real shuttle bay is 4.5m, so ITS has just 15cm (6 inch) for each side. It's normal.
So, If the shuttle in orbiter doesn’t respect the real size I’m not sure that we must change the width of ITS3/4. It’s not because shuttle is wrong that ours modules must be wrong.

You can find here the dimensions of this module (in inch unit, you must *0.0254 to obtain meter unit)
http://www.capcomespace.net/dossiers/ISS/index.htm

I did this comparaison of size. We can see that the width is very closed, but the length of the addon is to small but it's not a big problem because the panels of P4 doesn't hit the panels of P6.
So i'm not sure that it's a good idea to resize this addon in function of the shuttle in Orbiter which has not good dimensions.

temp112.jpg

Last edited:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I guess we need a new shuttle model for Orbiter then.

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
REAL LIFE SHUTTLE PAYLOAD BAY:
Width: 4.6m
Length: 18.3m

REAL LIFE P3/P4:
Width: 4.2m
Length: 13.8m

The remaining .4m of width is taken up by the trunnion pins:
attachment.php

I do think it would be better to make the Shuttle payload bay to actual dimensions, it probably needs doing sometime, and it may as well be before SSU is released, than after. It would mean that in future, all ISS modules could be made to actual dimensions, and all this trouble with converting actual dimensions to Orbiter dimensions would not need to be done, and therefore work could be more accurate:)

Last edited: