Problem Orulex CTD

jbsheridan

Reaction score
I found a thread that said Orulex will work with 2010 if the older version of Orulex is used.

Where can I find this version and what is its specific name and date?

I tried all of the versions I could find and with D3D9 I get CTD every launch. When I remove Orulex, then Orbiter is stabile.

Thanks,

jb

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
I don't think it works with clients, save the version that comes in the Open GL client.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Orulex does not support graphic clients. Not even my own OGLAClient.

You'd have to use the inline graphics, or OGLAClient's terrain engine, or wait for D3D11client's terrain engine or till Martins himself makes his own terrain in Orbiter 2016.

jbsheridan

Reaction score
Thanks Artlav,

That answers about 35 questions. lol.

I can hardly imagine Orbiter without Orulex, so it's back to the the inline .exe for me.

Sincerely,

jb

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Well, I have to eat my words. I just did a side by side comparison of the inline .exe and the D3D9 client and the D3D9 is stupendously superior in graphic quality.

So.....this just blows my mind.

Everyone flying Orbiter with the D3D9 client, IS NOT experiencing any planetary surface structure?

jb

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks Artlav,

That answers about 35 questions. lol.

I can hardly imagine Orbiter without Orulex, so it's back to the the inline .exe for me.

Sincerely,

jb

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Well, I have to eat my words. I just did a side by side comparison of the inline .exe and the D3D9 client and the D3D9 is stupendously superior in graphic quality.

So.....this just blows my mind.

Everyone flying Orbiter with the D3D9 client, IS NOT experiencing any planetary surface structure?

jb

Sadly no terrain in D3D9, although I would bet you could create a high-res planetary mesh for the moon & still run it at a decent speed in D3D9. Maybe 4th Rock knows how to do that?

jbsheridan

Reaction score
I was wondering about mesh and texture. Whether something exists for certain places or other surfaces.

So, basically, WideAwake has no elevation now with D3D9?

And the Moon bases are just on the flat?

jb

Aeadar

Lurker Representitive
Donator
Reaction score
I was wondering about mesh and texture. Whether something exists for certain places or other surfaces.

So, basically, WideAwake has no elevation now with D3D9?

And the Moon bases are just on the flat?

jb

Well, there's AMSO, it has local terrain. And there's Valhalla. But not much else that I know of.

Believe me, I understand; without Orulex there's no reason to ever leave Earth orbit. Screenshots I've seen using D3D9 look just stunning, but I will stick with the inline graphics and Orulex until some better terrain comes along.

And even then, as an 'end user', for me it's use will depend less on how it looks or whether it has collision detection than how easy it is to implement.

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

Yes.

I fly using graphics clients exclusively. I use D3D9 as my primary form of Orbiting, and test D3D11. The D3D11 terrain is quite something and has tremendous promise. As for D3D9, for what I do I never needed it. I use terrain meshes for the few places I land that requires it, such as my lunar landing site, Edwards AFB. No need really for terrain at Kennedy Space Center and Wideawake comes with its own Terrain mesh.

Even back when I used the inline client I avoided Orulex, the thing never seemed to work right and was more trouble than it was worth.