Error Skylab 1973 v2.1

Andy632

Reaction score
Hi, I'm trying to run the Skylab 1973 v2.1 addon in Orbiter 2010 (with NASSP also installed) and am able to run the scenario of the launch of Skylab itself, but the four NASSP scenarios don't work, and I get a 'Terminating after critical error' message and CTD.

The Orbiter log text file says:

>> ERROR: While initialising solar system Sol_NASSP5:
>> File not found: .\Config\Sol_NASSP5.cfg
>> [Orbiter::CreateRenderWindow | .\Orbiter.cpp | 726]
---------------------------------------------------------------
>> TERMINATING <<<

So do I have the wrong version of NASSP?

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
Your missing a main config. file, probably wrongly installed.
look in your directory for \Config\Sol_NASSP5.cfg in your Orbiter folder.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him

Andy632

Reaction score
Ok thanks guys. It's NASSP 7 for Orbiter 2010.

I tried creating a blank text file with the name Sol_NASSP5.cfg to trick Orbiter into loading the scenario but it still didn't recognise it and CTD.

If I wanted to run Skylab 1973 with NASSP 7, do you know which add-ons I could use to make it work?

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Ok thanks guys. It's NASSP 7 for Orbiter 2010.

I tried creating a blank text file with the name Sol_NASSP5.cfg to trick Orbiter into loading the scenario but it still didn't recognise it and CTD.

If I wanted to run Skylab 1973 with NASSP 7, do you know which add-ons I could use to make it work?
I'm guessing you're trying to load one of the NASSP scenarios that comes with Skylab1973?

Sol.cfg or any variations of is the Orbiter config file that tells orbiter how to load the solar system, so there's no way out of having it.

iirc that scenario was created around the time of NASSP 5 or 6, so 7 is still probably too new. If you really wanted to make it work, would need to edit the Skylab scenerio to include the NASSP 7 solar system and vessels, or the likely easier route, edit a NASSP scenario to include skylab.

I will stress again though, I think you're better off moving to NASSP 8.0, unless you're trying to load these older addons just for historical curiosity.

NASSP7 doesn't really have a way for you to rendezvous or target Skylab. NASSP8 has all that and more, plus the actual skylab CMC software. we actually use the same mesh and animations as Skylab1973.