General Question Orbiter 2010 High-res Texture Packs?

SpaceMarineXI

Reaction score
I am looking for a list of great addons for Orbiter 2010 P1. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for finding Hires texture packs for the various planets and moons... The website has completely changed since I last used it 8 years ago, it seems a lot harder now to find addons for your specific Orbiter version. Thank You for your help.. I was also wondering whether someone could instruct me on the general visual runtimes etc I need to make spacecraft/orbiter work. Thank You! I am having errors with some vessels (USS Enterprise) such as the ones by Mr. Martian being invisible upon launching Orbiter 2010 P1. I really need someone's help with this.

The orbiter log reads:
ERROR: Could not load vessel module: STAR_FLEET\STARSHIPS\Enterprise
[Vessel::LoadModule | .\Vessel.cpp | 5442]

Thanks for anyone who can help....

Last edited:

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
Hires texture packs
You'll find the main ones for Orbiter2016 here:
http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/mirrors/orbiter_radio/tex_mirror.html
I don't know if there are any for 2010?

There are some more on the hangar
An issue that I had already noticed, the hanger hires folder is empty except for one file for 2006! I'll post the link there

ERROR: Could not load vessel module: STAR_FLEET\STARSHIPS\Enterprise
[Vessel::LoadModule | .\Vessel.cpp | 5442]
Installation error, missing essential files, either EBCAK or addon maker error, check your using the right Orbiter version and have all required assets and is properly installed. Maybe missing Spacecraft4? Otherwise post the link to the addon, it might also work in 2016

SpaceMarineXI

Reaction score
You'll find the main ones for Orbiter2016 here:
http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/mirrors/orbiter_radio/tex_mirror.html
I don't know if there are any for 2010?

There are some more on the hangar
An issue that I had already noticed, the hanger hires folder is empty except for one file for 2006! I'll post the link there

Installation error, missing essential files, either EBCAK or addon maker error, check your using the right Orbiter version and have all required assets and is properly installed. Maybe missing Spacecraft4? Otherwise post the link to the addon, it might also work in 2016
Yes, I have spacecraft 4 installed. Can you point me what assets orbiter needs to run properly (visual runtimes etc) I am using Orbiter 2010 P1 with D3D9 client R16. I ran orbiter's main exuatable and it states I have the necessary Visual C+ runtimes. The link I used is this: https://www.orbiter-forum.com/resources/star-trek-xi-first-installment.3701/-Thank you for your support.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Spacecraft 4 ? I think to remember the version around in 2010 (a long, long time ago 🧓) was spacecraft 3... Could be a compatibility issue ?

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
You don't need Spacecraft3/4, it comes with it's own dll (my bad). I've just tested and it works fine in 2010. Without further information it's hard to tell where the problem lies, it's not finding the dll.
It's a 3 part installation- have you installed all 3 parts?
Icarus at home
Looks like there's a problem with these downloads- see recent OOOPS post
Older addons are being bit for bit imported over to the new hangar and sometimes there are hiccups
Hopefully Admin can fix it

SpaceMarineXI

Reaction score
Excellent Thank you so much for your two part response. Unfortunately, I installed Uss Enterprise, Uss, Armstrong, and Newton along with the Dll fix and still no vessel. The propellent dialogs are all greyed out. I must be missing something I just wish I knew what it was. Tried running it in a Virtual OS, same result. Maybe I am missing a visual runtime or something... I also tried it in Orbiter 2016 with the same result. Thank you for taking the time for your help. I just wish I knew the solution.

Last edited:

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
I've just installed it in O2016 without problems (ships), and I'm pretty sure I don't have any extra runtimes installed (win10), what's your OS, do other mods work?
Greyed out no visuals intern/extern (orbiter loads) sounds like SC4+d3d9 missing virtual link problem which cannot be the case.
Can you rule out any simple install error, are the .dlls (and other files) in the right location- as asked in other thread?

It's a nice addon, might make a little 2016 patch for it (planets/bases).

SpaceMarineXI

Reaction score
I've just installed it in O2016 without problems (ships), and I'm pretty sure I don't have any extra runtimes installed (win10), what's your OS, do other mods work?
Greyed out no visuals intern/extern (orbiter loads) sounds like SC4+d3d9 missing virtual link problem which cannot be the case.
Can you rule out any simple install error, are the .dlls (and other files) in the right location- as asked in other thread?

It's a nice addon, might make a little 2016 patch for it (planets/bases).
I am running Windows 11, Intel integrated Graphics 630. Which DirectX runtimes would I need? Yes every other orbiter mod I have tried works. This includes Mr Martian's ISV Pegasus and it works just fine. The only Mod that seems to have a similar issue in Orbiter 2010 P1 is Antares_3.0_O2016_20200430. The space station dock has no textures and I get a n error with the multistage 2015 mod for orbiter 2010 P1 during startup. But that's another issue I care less about. Again, Thank you so much. :) Update: tried it in a VMware Virtual Machine again (Windows 10 with DirectX June 10th, 2010, runtimes) had same issue. This issue just might have me beat.. I love Mr.Martians Enterprise and it's frustrating that many other addons work while this one does not.

Last edited: